- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 27885 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 5 - SEIGE
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2023, 05:05:14 pm »

Is there an equal chance that the extra Moot barbarians attack any player who gets a reprisal, NQT, or are those higher on the list at greater risk?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2023, 05:29:56 pm »

You're welcome for the dead Thorns Egan_BW, plz save me.

What do you need saving from? I think you can clear one holdout. :p

I just mean that I'm hoping you can take down the thornish fort within the next two turns.

Anyway, I forget, did you want wood to make ships? I have some memory telling me that you might have been interested in buying a1s, but maybe not.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2023, 06:23:58 pm »

Let's see, I'll calculate what I've got now.
I have enough wood for a ship now, but will probably want to spend wood on taking down that fort. Each of my 6 armies has a 0% chance to take out one of the two defenders, which raises to 1/8 each if I spend 2 wood or 2/8 if I spend 4 wood. That seems relatively safe.

I don't want to immediately go broke again, but 4 gold for 4 wood would serve me well here.

Also, that rod next to my land seems valuable, but it's not immediately useful for me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 06:26:55 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2023, 06:28:50 pm »

Gained 6 gold and 1 recruitment from conquest.
1 Wood cut. 1 Army recruited. 1 Gold taxed.
4 Wood spent to build 2 engines.

Sending 4 gold to Castle Mysterious and receiving 4 wood from the Oak and Ash.

Land 2 boats at T13 and assault Fort Birch with 6 armies and 2 engines.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:10:21 pm by Egan_BW »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2023, 06:37:36 pm »

I don't want to immediately go broke again, but 4 gold for 4 wood would serve me well here.

Well, a1s, it seems like we have our triangle trade? I send 3 armies to A1s, A1s sends 4 wood to Egan, Egan sends 4 gold to me. Bing bang bosh jobs a donen?

Also, that rod next to my land seems valuable, but it's not immediately useful for me.

Feels like it'd take quite a bit of trust but I wonder if people would want to rent it out. I would pay some amount of resources to use it if I had a hill.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2023, 06:39:09 pm »

A few very minor nitpicks
Thanks for spotting. Now fixed.

Is there an equal chance that the extra Moot barbarians attack any player who gets a reprisal, NQT, or are those higher on the list at greater risk?
The person they hate the most out of those receiving reprisals gets the Moot barbarians, as the reprisals happen in order of highest to lowest chance.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2023, 06:46:44 pm »

*Bonks Squelsh with leg bone, turning them into a undead horror*

It's for their own good.

Question about the "fully mountain" provinces like Q10 and P5, are they immune to being scouted/conquered, I think I can't move into them because mountains block movement and they have a mountain province on all sides? And if left unconquered would they count as "unclaimed land" for bordering provinces for Squelshman retaliation?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2023, 06:49:36 pm »

Question about the "fully mountain" provinces like Q10 and P5, are they immune to being scouted/conquered, I think I can't move into them because mountains block movement and they have a mountain province on all sides? And if left unconquered would they count as "unclaimed land" for bordering provinces for Squelshman retaliation?
Unless you have an artefact that says otherwise, these tiles (and full ocean tiles) can't be conquered, and the mountain tiles can't be scouted. Squelshman can't retaliate through them. Until something says otherwise, treat them like map edges.

(Naturally, they also don't count for the end-of-game map completion trigger.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2023, 07:04:43 pm »

Anyway, Assuming you two are copacetic with that trade deal, I added it to my turn a. So then Egan can send the gold to me and A1s can send the wood to Egan.

Spoiler: Turn 4 gains/losses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 5 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:15:10 pm by Criptfeind »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2023, 07:10:42 pm »

done

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2023, 03:18:02 am »

Well, a1s, it seems like we have our triangle trade? I send 3 armies to A1s, A1s sends 4 wood to Egan, Egan sends 4 gold to me. Bing bang bosh jobs a donen?
Agreed.
(Although 1:1 wood for gold trades are already in my wheelhouse, so there might not have been a need for any triangles. )

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:04:34 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2023, 04:49:21 am »

Question: since archers are vulnerable to 5s, but regular armies are not, does that mean that an archer is guaranteed to die to a 5, or do you later roll to see who the 5 was directed at?
Also: boars are insane. Each is more than half as bad as a giant, comes in packs of 1d4 and drops no loot.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2023, 05:07:53 am »

Boars are nasty, but I think it's ok compared to other nasty things. Barbarians are scary in their own way and we've not seen any bog hags or dragons yet.. I like the element of challenge. The army of 5 wisps I fought in turn one was worse than 4 boars - they had treasure, but man.

I wouldn't count boars as half a giant, btw. A giant on his own is not too bad, but paired with additional armies it is pretty badass since it can soak hits.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2023, 05:32:20 am »

Question: since archers are vulnerable to 5s, but regular armies are not, does that mean that an archer is guaranteed to die to a 5, or do you later roll to see who the 5 was directed at?
I think they're guaranteed to die to a 5. The way the engine works at the moment is it tries to assign the dice to whomever is valid, with it rolling randomly if there are giants or skeletons that it might hit or not hit.

Also: boars are insane. Each is more than half as bad as a giant, comes in packs of 1d4 and drops no loot.
Giving them both attacks-twice and haste is pretty nasty. Funny that I thought that would be easier than the Bone Reckoners, who just have a lot of guys. I'm glad though, as it means players can't just steamroll with big armies every challenge.

If you think boars are bad, wait until you meet the dragon that's coming...

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2023, 08:24:37 pm »

Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
Looted 3 Armies.
Produced 3 Wood, 3 Armies, 1 Stone, 2 Gold.
Purchase 1 Stone.
Create a Keep in Castle Wright.
March K15 with 6 Armies.
March K13 with 3 Armies
Create 1 Archer.
Archer defends Castle Wright.
(God this turn hurts. 12 Squelsh will do that.
Apologies for the late turn, I've been unable to access my computer- and it's spreadsheets -for a while.)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52