Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Mass psychosis  (Read 3414 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass psychosis
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2023, 01:30:05 pm »

so who is the sock puppet who started a shitpost bonanza
Whoever smelt it, dealt it?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2023, 02:11:02 pm »

It was Pathos, wasn't it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2023, 03:04:59 pm »

I previously suspected a person with propensity for shitposting but then they had a conversation with each others, seem like over board even for our cave sandwich

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2023, 09:41:52 pm »

Is this a Novel alt?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2023, 09:48:50 pm »

Could it be an AI or Chatbot? Or someone using one of those.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2023, 11:18:24 pm »

Soon forums will only be populated by robo-users and policed by robo-moderators who have to ban robo-trolls.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2023, 11:57:51 pm »

Soon forums will only be populated by robo-users and policed by robo-moderators who have to ban robo-trolls.
And humans probably

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2023, 12:49:10 am »

And humans probably

Especially notable political philosophers

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2023, 03:51:44 am »

In the future there will be no humans on the forum, instead there will be AI versions of us and they will all be alts of MechaPathos.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2023, 03:01:26 pm »

FR tho, the site was probably written by a real person, and we could have suspected it be shared by bot, that is right until they talked to us. What would be the point in prompting an AI to write that last statement and paste it back, what would be the point of having a more sophisticated system come up with that on it's own? Why is this such a reflex? And idk why does it rubs me the wrong way, I've most definitly used the pertaining swear words before.
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2023, 03:04:02 pm »

I guess when people meet someone who seems strange or hard to understand, they assume this person to be some sort of alien entity. As of now, chatbots are getting smarter about talking and spreading to new places, so people have it on their minds.

pr1mezer0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2023, 07:07:07 pm »

I had a few reasons for posting it as a link.
An almost word for word post (including the attention grabbing first 2 sentences) on the forum I originally posted it got deleted and I didn't want to have to rewrite it again if I got banned on this one.
I wanted to preface it with the fact that it's my opinion.
I hoped to garner custom for my game also on the site (it's also on the site itch.io as bitrush).
I envisioned writing more blogs.

I'm a genuine df player who's bought the steam version, donated, had a vampire queen, and forbidden forgotten beast meat to preserve my dwarves.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2023, 07:15:03 pm »

Besides attempting to advertise yourself, all of could have been accomplished by ctrl-c ctrl-v ing it from your blog.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2023, 07:52:12 pm »

I like how the article reduces the various geopolitical and national political factors that engendered the rise of Nazism to “drugs are bad mmm’kay, except when they come from plants.”

At what point in processing does a psychoactive substance become synthetic? Second step and beyond?

I’m not sure why the post was that, as opposed to “check out my game it’s cool” though. I certainly have zero interest in it from this.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2023, 08:00:09 pm »

Come to think of it, that would be a more appropriate thing to post of a forum mostly dedicated to gaming.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7