Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Mass psychosis  (Read 3411 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mass psychosis
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 03:19:28 am »

Legalization of methamphetamine is letting Hitler win!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 04:24:22 am »

Everything is natural because humans are natural. We are the universe’s mechanism for producing hundred milligram dosages of LSD, and anyone who disagrees should tell me their home address and keep drinking tap water.
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 04:57:24 am »

Drugs should be legalised just to deprive the CIA of sources of ghost money. Legalising or criminalising drugs on its own doesn't really address drug usage itself, especially when the upper class of society continuously fuel the demand for illegal drugs whilst the police selectively enforce the law on lower classes. It also doesn't address that legal drug abuse and powerful recreational drugs companies would transition into things akin to the tobacco and alcohol industries which... Is not a good prospect for its effects on lawmakers and financial institutions. It also wouldn't remove the criminal element of the drug trade either, as dodging taxes is already a powerful enough incentive to keep the organised counterfeit trade of tobacco, alcohol, even cheese alive.

Yet there would be much less of a burden on the police and customs officers, and it would remove the selection pressure rewarding violence amongst gangs. I remember listening to this speech by one police officer who said the war on drugs had been a dismal failure, because all this effort to eliminate drug trafficking gangs did was help eliminate competition between gangs so that the most violent and ruthless one could consolidate vast swathes of business; resulting in a patchy network of young lads being replaced by great criminal enterprises willing to kill and use children as county line smugglers and soldiers. Legalising drugs would not be a silver bullet by any means, but I think everyone could welcome at least young men competing for custom with sterling and dollars rather than knives and bullets.

Also fuck the CIA lol so that's always a plus

I also think the moral and practical basis for criminalising drugs needs some re-examining but that requires more time, and I may post about it later

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 06:38:44 am »

Looks like the forum's been trained by the endless deluge of Novel threads to spin a few pages of conversation from almost anything.

I like how the traditional usage of coca by the ancient peoples of the Americas in their Coca-Cola is even an argument.

pr1mezer0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 06:44:02 am »

Humans bodies are natural, but their minds? Not necessarily. The mind may be a construct of the body, but the cause is not the effect. And a plant is more natural than a stone.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 06:45:11 am »

This is your brain on theory. A powerful argument for drug consumption has been duely noted.
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 06:46:29 am »

If plants are more natural than stones, where does being stoned on plants lie on the naturalness scale?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2023, 06:48:46 am »

Looks like the forum's been trained by the endless deluge of Novel threads to spin a few pages of conversation from almost anything.
All it's done is train me to take weird and abstract threads as permission to start shitposting.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2023, 07:53:33 am »

oh boy I sure do want to click on a contextless link from an escaped lunatic with 1 post

Escaped lunatic seems to fit unusually well this time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2023, 07:59:59 am »

Not that unusually?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2023, 08:04:44 am »

Everything is natural because humans are natural.

I don't feel very natural.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2023, 08:38:56 am »

Everything is natural because humans are natural.

I don't feel very natural.
The thing folks don't seem to like to remember is that nature is often staggeringly shit, so feeling or being natural isn't necessarily a good thing, heh.

Honestly, it's something of a useless term. If something was unnatural, it wouldn't be capable of existing under physical laws and we'd be neither able to perceive it nor interact with it. Natural's so broad a term it's bloody unhelpful to use it under most circumstances.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2023, 09:18:15 am »

Eh, if you choose to use it that broadly. It's clear enough if you use it to mean "this one wasn't out fault this time".
Most bad things fall under that category still, but give us time to equalize it we haven't been around very long.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2023, 12:13:42 pm »

Honestly, it's something of a useless term. If something was unnatural, it wouldn't be capable of existing under physical laws and we'd be neither able to perceive it nor interact with it. Natural's so broad a term it's bloody unhelpful to use it under most circumstances.

This is your brain on dark matter.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2023, 01:11:56 pm »

so who is the sock puppet who started a shitpost bonanza
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7