Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)  (Read 11033 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 4 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2023, 12:52:01 am »

Mu readies his Club to Bat some Bats.

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 5 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2023, 03:51:26 pm »

Will post later today, for real this time. Just finished last test of year, so I’m going to nap and then shower, then I’ll post.

Sorry for all the wait

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2023, 07:46:07 pm »

Spoiler: Arek (click to show/hide)

"They restin'. Someone sneaks in and takes the treasure, then we leave."

Arek wipes a trickle of blood from his mouth onto his hand with a slight grimace. “Bah. Cowardice.

Arek follows the group and proceeds west. He sneaks closer to inspect the scroll in the room.

(I am with Egan and gang right? I don’t remember.)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 08:12:15 pm by Knightwing64 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2023, 08:09:40 pm »

Isolde sizes up the mage, frowning.
"So you volunteer? I doubt our lord Makhios disapproves of using tactics."

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2023, 08:17:04 pm »

Weak creatures. I…

Arek stops, another ferocious headache quickly appearing and derailing his train of thought.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2023, 09:12:50 pm »

Weak creatures. I…

Arek stops, another ferocious headache quickly appearing and derailing his train of thought.
"You got somethin to say other than muttering under your fuckin breath?" Siegrid shook his head and snorted "Hm, you Mel or whatevet your name is..Maybe ya can use that fire magic to cook those oversized buggers?"
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2023, 11:20:03 pm »

Weak creatures. I…

"You got somethin to say other than muttering under your fuckin breath?" Siegrid shook his head and snorted "Hm, you Mel or whatevet your name is..Maybe ya can use that fire magic to cook those oversized buggers?"
"Sure. In a bit. Let me rest first."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 6 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2023, 09:40:46 pm »

That was scary. I should rest and see if that makes me feel better.
move up to Siegrid and Mu at the entrance to the next room so I don't get left behind, then rest for the turn and see if my arcana recovers.

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
Roll Conviction: 1+2 = 3
Meleria takes a moment to sit down, recuperating from expending so much energy in such a short duration. Catching her breath helps steady her somewhat, but she's unable to rest well between talking of the other folks in the room, the pain that still wracks her hand, and most notably, the small swarm of giant bats no more than a few seconds away from her should they wake. Troubled rest is still better than no rest at all, however, and Meleria feels her connection to the arcane slowly begin to mend itself.

Meleria loses 0.5 Arcana!

"I saw... chains. Zillions of 'em, going everywhere. Trapping something? What could need so many..?" Isolde whispers.

Take a peek into the room ahead.

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

Roll Conviction: 3+3 = 6

Isolde, though concerned at first, cannot help but feel somewhat emboldened when she looks to the room. Another vision comes, though this one is certainly far less esoteric. She sees the room she is in as though looking down from above. Passing through the doorway into the next like a swooping bird, her vision dives into the chest at the room's end. Buried under the heap of coins, which her strange point of view slips and weaves through, is a small dagger lying at the chest's bottom. It's tiny, strangely shaped, and lacks a handle, but embedded in its base is a shimmering blue stone. Its frost-covered surface is motionless, but the light emanating within shifts and pulses violently, as if desperate to burst out. The vision ends, and Isolde is left looking at the huddled forms of the sleeping bats.

"Finally! Shanks is done waiting! Onwards with Shanks!"

Onwards regardless if they follow Shanks or not! Shanks shall get the best loot!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Roll Focus: 1+1 = 2

Emboldened and thus-far triumphant, Shanks the Monsters strikes out ahead, reaching the third floor in record time... to find what looks to be the site of a fairly recent skirmish. No less than three slain bodies are strewn on the floor, all seemingly stripped bare at a glance. A blood trail leaves ample evidence of the whereabouts battle's survivors, leading down a corridor to the left and through a very slightly ajar door. The only other way to proceed is to the right, through another door that is ever so slightly open.

Quickly head back to the start to pay off the debt and cash in some new gear. Armor would be helpful.

Weaving her way through the others and descending the stairs down to the first floor, Xing Xing stops at the first floor shop and puts her 300 crowns on the table.

"Good timing, friend," one of the tired-faced guards says, "the boss just cleared a lot of new haul to hit the floor. I was telling the lads, 'such a shame those new folks left already', but here you are."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Keywords definitions (click to show/hide)

Do i see any groups i could join?  If so, I do. 

Vaolu has little issue slipping into the ranks of the group at the door. A moment of observation and he's aware of the situation - the room they intend to enter next possesses a heap of treasure, as well as a brood of sleeping giant bats. Quite the dilemma.

Mu readies his Club to Bat some Bats.

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)

Mu is left somewhat disappointed by the group's reticence, but it is no matter - whatever may come, he is ready. Taking a position by the door with his club raised, he ensures that he will be the first to act if any of the creatures ahead decide to try and attack. His focus sharpened and now adjusted to the balance of his new weapon, he is nigh certain that his next strike will not fail.

Spoiler: Arek (click to show/hide)

"They restin'. Someone sneaks in and takes the treasure, then we leave."

Arek wipes a trickle of blood from his mouth onto his hand with a slight grimace. “Bah. Cowardice.

Arek follows the group and proceeds west. He sneaks closer to inspect the scroll in the room.

(I am with Egan and gang right? I don’t remember.)

Roll Focus: 4+3 = 7

Though the scroll is wrought of stone, same as the rest of the statue, it bears writing inscribed upon its surface nonetheless. Some of it has eroded, same as whatever once was written at the statue's base, but some of the writing on the scroll is yet legible. What remains can be stitched together, but the even if some of the words remain, the meaning is perhaps already forever lost.

After a... mortal companions... mission wholly victorious... bound within the... seek out... eternity... Warden Sevuzyulir.

All in all, Arek can decipher about 1/3 of the scroll.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2023, 10:37:18 pm »

Taking the road less traveled seems to work out well for Shanks! Peak through the right door and if it looks safe to Shanks walk in!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - OPEN
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2023, 01:33:19 pm »

Enter the room and go for the dagger, picking up the coins one at a time as quietly as possible.

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2023, 07:30:46 pm »

Continue recovering in silence

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2023, 08:34:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wait for the others to act.  if they act, I use my equipped staff, trying to conjre some sort of offensive magic

((could I, by any chance, slip my point from skill-at-arms to brawn?))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 05:04:55 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2023, 12:19:21 am »

((could I, by any chance, slip my point from skill-at-arms to brawn?))
Sure thing.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2023, 11:07:52 am »

I'll be posting the next turn some time today or tomorrow. Just a gentle reminder to, if you can/want to, get an action in.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 11:09:33 am by Rethi-Eli »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2023, 02:30:48 pm »

Xing Xing will take a Maile Shirt and rest a bit before going back out. A minor debt, easily repaid. Light armor that won't cause issue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12