Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Tower of Makhios - I Lost Count of the Turns (8/8, waitlist open)  (Read 11078 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 4 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2023, 06:07:36 pm »

Spoiler: Arek (click to show/hide)

Arek, driven by a manic force, relentlessly searches for any trace of his past in the area. FIND IT

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2023, 07:41:11 am »

"Field Testing and identification.  If I die, my compatriots will return the equipment, but if I survive, and only like one, then I will return the one I don't like, and will likely know and tell you what it does.  if I like both, I will pay you back"  irregardless of the results, I follow the party. 
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2023, 10:38:48 am »

Sorry, thought I posted a action. Will post later
Sounds good. I will be posting the next turn at some point later today.
Busy weekend boss?
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - Turn 5 (8/8, waitlist open)
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2023, 12:24:28 am »

"Field Testing and identification.  If I die, my compatriots will return the equipment, but if I survive, and only like one, then I will return the one I don't like, and will likely know and tell you what it does.  if I like both, I will pay you back"  irregardless of the results, I follow the party. 

Roll Conviction: 5

The guard hesitates for a moment before nodding.

"Sounds fair enough to me. It's all yours. I'm even willing to cover a little bit of your debt if you can figure out what all that junk does - Master Lodovico will be pleased if we can sell it again for an even higher price. I've marked down your debts - you are free to go. Stay safe up there."

With that out of the way, Vaolu heads up the stairs to the first floor. To the West is a large group of people - likely the others who entered with him - while directly ahead, to the North, are a series of connected rooms that stretch out beyond what Vaolu can make out in the faint light of the Tower.

Spoiler: Arek (click to show/hide)

Arek, driven by a manic force, relentlessly searches for any trace of his past in the area. FIND IT

Roll Hidden

It's been here all along... and it has been beckoning. Only a fool flees from the world. The strong, the deserving, those chosen for greatness... they stride confidently ahead, taking what is theirs to take, always coveting more, for what is life if not the playground of desire? There's no point in searching for your past in here. A wall stands without this place, erected by a god. It is meant for keeping memories within, but any memories lost without are barred all the same. Your patron is ever curious to see if you are more than just a vessel... go forth boldly, and take what is yours to take! If you follow this path, we are certain to meet again, Arek.

Whatever it is, it sends a chill down Arek's spine. Familiar, but a memory hanging just out of reach... or perhaps held there by another. No matter - the sensation passes, and Arek is left only with a dull pain in his head and the taste of blood in his throat.

Xing Xing nods. The room is cleared. She then proceeds to take anything useful off the corpse at her feet with a small smile

"Don't mention it, 'm just glad you're okay. Was that fire?"

Look for anything I could use as a weapon in this room. Then West.

Spoiler: Isolde (click to show/hide)

The only remaining object of note that is yet to be examined is the pouch on the mangled corpse's belt. Taking it and undoing the drawstring, Xing Xing hears the clatter of metal on metal before seeing the wealth inside - a pouch of coins, each bearing the scowling visage of the Warrior God, Makhios on the face, and his characteristic winged helmet on the inverse. Pouring the contents out onto her palm, Xing Xing counts 6 coins. Each coin being roughly the size of a 50 crown piece, and clearly wrought of gold, she can reasonably estimate the value of the coins to be around 300 crowns total.

+300 Crowns!

Meanwhile, Isolde scours the room for a weapon of any sort - anything is preferable to facing creatures such as these ghouls bare-handed - but nothing presents itself readily. The only objects of note within the room are the bodies of the fallen, and while using the poison-tipped arm of a ghoul did cross Isolde's mind at first, such an idea was quickly rendered useless, for already, the bodies of the ghouls are decomposing, bones crumbling to powder and flesh seemingly melting away into the floor. As Isolde watches the bodies wither and desiccate, it returns with the next blink.

Chains criss-cross her vision, running up, down, left, right, and at every diagonal, depth, and orientation. They are numerous, perhaps hundreds, thousands, or even millions, an uncountable number all the same...

As the vision fades, Isolde is somewhat pleasantly surprised: instead of coming to her senses to find herself dizzy and collapsed on the floor, she is still standing as she was, as are the others. No more than a mere second could have passed. Isolde waits for the rest of the group, ready to proceed West.

"I... I did it! I di-woah!"
I scramble away (abandoning the rings) after being saved by Isolde, still carefully cupping my newfound flame in my hand.
"T-thank you!"
I take a moment to inspect my new flame, get a feel for how I control it and how it is connected to me.

EDIT: After I finish, I'll be following the group as we head west.

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)

Roll Focus: 6+2 = 8
Result: Overwhelming Success

Meleria is completely taken aback. Never before has she felt this feeling, yet it feels so natural... finally channeling her energy into this tiny, roiling flame provides an indescribable, undeniable sense of relief. The warmth of the flame brings neither pain nor damage to her hand, while the mass of flame itself feels and moves naturally, as if it is an extension of her body, some tiny appendage growing from her palm. Meleria's relief quickly turns to concern, however, as the flame continues to burn even after she tries to will it away. Energy continues to siphon from her body to fuel the ever-growing flame like water pouring from an opened floodgate! Meleria only manages to snuff the flame after expending a great deal of energy, and the rapid release of that energy leaves her arm wracked with pain... but she is left even more keenly aware of the magic residing in her.

Perk gained!
Flame Attunement - Your spells that have a change to ignite enemies will always do so.
Meleria receives 3 Arcana!
Meleria receives 0.25 Wounds!

Head WEST

Spoiler: Mu (click to show/hide)
She glances at the suddenly closed northern and southern doors.
"If there are, they're ahead of us."
"In that case be ready for that. Come along then."

Move forward, but before opening the door we did not enter from, put an ear to it and listen for anything.

"Quiet yourselves a second." the old merc hissed, holding up a finger

Spoiler: Siegrid (click to show/hide)

Before departing the room, Siegrid puts an ear to the door ahead. It's ever so faint, but he hears a faint rustling noise, like cloth sliding on cloth. Slowly opening the door alongside Mu, Siegrid reveals the next chamber. Two more unfortunates lie slain on the ground, rent to pieces and picked apart in brutal, grotesque fashion. The center of the room is dominated by a tall statue, not depicting Makhios, interestingly enough, but rather an unremarkable hooded figure clutching a scroll in one hand and a scimitar in the other. It seems like something was once inscribed on the plaque at the statue's base, but whatever it was is worn to the point of illegibility. An open chest sits directly at the statue's base, revealing a small heap of glimmering valuables within.

Roll Focus: Hidden

Siegrid is quick to notice the uneven mass clinging to the ceiling, already wary after hearing the noise coming from the room. Mu, though not privy to the noise, also manages to discern the twitching shapes. Opening the door further allows just a touch more light in, revealing the features of the mass - leathery wings folded over vaguely humanoid forms, bristling with mangy black fur... and heaving, slowly, with the measured breathing of slumber. Giant bats, about 8 of them, hang from the ceiling, stained with - and gorged on - the blood of their victims.

Shanks shall grab the other dagger and pocket the strange paper! Then assuming nothing bad happens Shanks shall head upstairs AND assuming nothing bad continues to happen for Shanks, Shanks will rest a bit and study the paper while Shanks waits for others to catch up to Shanks.

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)

Rest doesn't do the excited and still energetic Shanks much good, nor does studying the scroll. The intricate runes running across its surface remain indecipherable, and though Shanks understands that magic can sometimes manifest through the physical properties of magical items, nothing particularly special seems to be happening even as he gives the surface a delicate sniff. Waiting for the group also seems to be of little use - the noise of their passage fades away as they head further away. Just as Shanks is about to give up on them, another familiar face ascends the stairs - one of the other new tower-delvers, carrying a pair of staves.

Sorry, thought I posted a action. Will post later
Sounds good. I will be posting the next turn at some point later today.
Busy weekend boss?

Stupidly busy. Exam week rears its ugly head...
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2023, 12:39:49 am »

That was scary. I should rest and see if that makes me feel better.
move up to Siegrid and Mu at the entrance to the next room so I don't get left behind, then rest for the turn and see if my arcana recovers.

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Makhios - OPEN
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2023, 01:02:39 am »

"I saw... chains. Zillions of 'em, going everywhere. Trapping something? What could need so many..?" Isolde whispers.

Take a peek into the room ahead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2023, 01:08:11 am »

((Welp, if only one of our group had the Silent trait, that could guarantee sneaking past those sleeping bats, to get at the treasure without a fight. Though that would assume it's not trapped loot, and let's be honest here it's certainly trapped.
If Xing Xing is willing to share those coins, we could go back down and purchase some basic weapons at least. A staff for each of us, or I guess Xing Xing could hoard and buy a nice bardiche.))

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2023, 01:47:36 am »

"Finally! Shanks is done waiting! Onwards with Shanks!"

Onwards regardless if they follow Shanks or not! Shanks shall get the best loot!

Spoiler:  Shanks The Monsters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:14:13 pm by Fluffe9911 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2023, 07:49:18 am »

Quickly head back to the start to pay off the debt and cash in some new gear. Armor would be helpful.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2023, 10:56:51 am »

"I saw... chains. Zillions of 'em, going everywhere. Trapping something? What could need so many..?" Isolde whispers.

Take a peek into the room ahead.

A fucking cudgel wouldn't do no good if he or anyone else got swarmed by god's damned bat's "Hold it, we ain't looking like our chances are great up ahead. There're eight big bloodthirsty buggers hanging from the ceilings ahead, and only a few of us..." Siegrid said in a hushed tone, disgruntled he spat after as if his words were distasteful in his mouth "Got any fuckin' ideas?"

Spoiler: Siegrid (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2023, 03:44:39 pm »

"They restin'. Someone sneaks in and takes the treasure, then we leave."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2023, 07:03:01 pm »

Do i see any groups i could join?  If so, I do. 
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2023, 07:07:18 pm »

Do i see any groups i could join?  If so, I do. 
((You see the group according to your turn.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2023, 07:48:04 pm »

Will post action tomorrow, I’m in testing week for school and it’s breaking my soul

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2023, 12:00:23 am »

Will post action tomorrow, I’m in testing week for school and it’s breaking my soul
Take your time. Best of luck!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12