Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47236 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #1005 on: April 22, 2023, 11:33:26 pm »

Ok ignore the brackets section just realized based of claiming its either none of em or both of em but main point still stands.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 22, 2023, 11:38:38 pm »

Hmm, if Toonyman was Leng's partner and Max + Jim are team A, maybe it's better to take out one of Max or Jim today. Divide and conquer; two weakened scum teams are weaker than one full strength one.
What the heck are you talking about? Two mafia teams can kill twice as many people as a single full-strength one in 99% of situations! Even if max or jim are mafia (and I wouldnt doubt atleast one of them are frankly) we would be much better off finding Lenglons partner then going for "two weakened scum teams" memery.
I wasn't thinking very well earlier, it's true.

Under this metric even if Max and Jim are suspect they're very likely not with Lenglon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 22, 2023, 11:39:16 pm »

There will be more kills in play, but rather than coordinating, those two kills will be aimed at one another. They still have to kill the other to win, while two mafia can focus entirely on dismantling the town. And once one of the two remaining mafia teams eliminate the other, which they have to do to win the game, there will just be one scum left for us to mop up.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 22, 2023, 11:43:04 pm »

There will be more kills in play, but rather than coordinating, those two kills will be aimed at one another. They still have to kill the other to win, while two mafia can focus entirely on dismantling the town. And once one of the two remaining mafia teams eliminate the other, which they have to do to win the game, there will just be one scum left for us to mop up.
This is a pretty dangerous assumption to make while it is true in the very likely situation that there are two mafia teams that they would probably eventually gotta kill eachother there is nothing stopping them from setting aside their differences for a bit and silently agreeing to take out all the town first instead besides if we take out Lenglons partner and your right on Max and Jim being mafia then we can just kill them next! I dont get why this is that hard to understand.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 22, 2023, 11:48:47 pm »

Also ill go ahead and unvote Toony since apparently inspects kinda suck or something.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 22, 2023, 11:58:48 pm »

What the heck are you talking about? Two mafia teams can kill twice as many people as a single full-strength one in 99% of situations! Even if max or jim are mafia (and I wouldnt doubt atleast one of them are frankly) we would be much better off finding Lenglons partner then going for "two weakened scum teams" memery.
That's... actually a really good point.
I don't think juicebox is Lenglon's partner. He either got a whole new role or a new ability, and it's suspicious that he lied about it, but I don't see why he would be with Lenglon.
unvote

I'm not convinced hector is, either. Toony, what's your theory here? I know what he did to Jim but I'm not sure Jim wants to claim in thread yet, but let's say it was "mean". I could see him wanting to buff Fallacy somehow as Lenglon's partner, and kill Toaster for some reason? Or did the other team kill Toaster?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 22, 2023, 11:59:58 pm »

God damn there’s a lot to process here, and that’s challenging for me to do undisturbed at the moment.

I’ll think things over and hopefully have something to post later this evening, if not tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 23, 2023, 12:03:33 am »

I can try to figure out Lenglon's partner. I think Hector makes sense but I want time to look into everyone. I'm probably going to bed soon because it's late.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 23, 2023, 01:07:35 am »

Right. This post brought to you by horrible tiredness and flights of fancy.

Let’s see if I can sort this mess out after being screamed at by a 2.5ft creature for a few hours.

So. We have 10 players.

1 very likely town in Egan based on FoU’s flip.
2 claimed town Masons in Max and Jim.
1 scum outed in Toony by 2 investigations, one of which was Egan.
1 investigator in Cat, the other one to find scum!Toony
1 town confirmed by probably scum!Toony in NQT.

That’s 6, and the other players are unconfirmed right now.

Chances are we have 3 scum remaining in all of that, so assuming all the above is correct, 2 scum in me, Fluffe, juicebox, and KW.

From my perspective that’s a 67% chance to hit scum if we do this at random, which is pretty good odds… I think it would be in the order of juicebox, Fluffe, KW

So let’s think about this. If Toony is Lenglon’s partner, I think we’d basically be golden because there’s one team left and there wouldn’t be a whole lot they could do, at least during the day with me in the game.

However, if Toony is not Lenglon’s partner, that means there are still two teams with two different kills out there, and I think Egan’s right that they’ll probably be gunning for each other, because they can’t both win.

Given we know about Toony, we can presumably deal with them in the night. Does Jim still have a superkill? That would come in handy if Toony has some sort of in-built protection in the night. Otherwise hopefully someone has a block.

I think we’d have to deal with juicebox during the day because they disappear during the night. Fluffe seems to be panicking a bit, not sure if that means they’re Toony’s partner or Lenglon’s though. Or, indeed, juicebox’s. That’s why I think they’re more likely scum than KW.

This seems a bit too easy. Like it could be Max and Jim being very ballsy, but… Jim seems to be still putting thought into the game.

In addendum to that, I also realize I am a prime choice for pocketing given my role. A Max/Jim team would understand that, though given I was the next wagon they could also have just got me eliminated today instead, even if I control so many votes.

Man I should probably just sleep on this. If Max and Jim are scum it all falls apart anyway, but that’s feeling less and less likely as it goes on.

There’s probably some mistakes in here but it’s broadly what’s on my mind right now. We’ll see how I feel after hopefully more sleep than I got last night…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 23, 2023, 01:20:17 am »

If only four people targeted Egan last night and three dead players to do so didn't have a frame ability then either Juice is also the framer or Egan's inspect on Toony is real. We have to eliminate Toony today, and then shoot Juicebox in the night if Toony somehow flips town.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 23, 2023, 01:25:09 am »

Oh and yeah Curious Cat also got the mafia inspect too. I suppose someone might have cast the frame on Toony instead (or some dubious global behaviour) or whatever but either way, the simplest thing is to go with the inspects.

Toony was one of my candidates for scum on D1, so this works for me.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 23, 2023, 01:34:38 am »

If there are two teams it would probably implicate Curious Cat because I don’t think they mentioned much about you D1, and there are better options for an inspect (me, or a lurker, for example) that they could have inspected;

As I said before, I was looking for town.  I wanted to find someone I could trust.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 23, 2023, 01:44:55 am »

That does raise a funny possibility of a Curious Cat / Toony team, in which Toony is outed and so instructs his team mate to confirm the outage and thereby distance in the process.

--

I can believe the four team setup. This is BYOR16, we know Wuba likes high concept setups (like the time no one was mafia, it was all serial killers). It would explain the high number of kill powers floating around. Fallacy's mafia team being able to swap sides implies some conversion abilities too, so Masons might not always be confirmed town. Conversion also explains the overabundance of inspects.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 23, 2023, 02:51:00 am »

Going to bed.  I’m already caught up and it’s past my bedtime.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #1019 on: April 23, 2023, 10:54:50 am »

If Toony and Lenglon are a scum team, this interaction becomes even funnier:

These seem like very silly questions for "No Fun Allowed" Lenglon to make.
I walk up to Toonyman and lean into his personal space, looking up to him while only just barely not touching him, my hands holding each other behind my back as I sway back and forth.
"Toony-kun Toony-kun Toonykun, there's nothing wrong with having a little fun early in the day now is there?"
my left hand drifts out from behind me and slowly traces its way up his right arm
"I might be serious when it comes time to make a proper lynch case later on, but later. is. not. now."
my hand drifts from Toony's shoulder up to before his mouth
"shhhhhhhhh. Let me have my fun."
I pull my hand back behind me and hop backwards one step as my hands re-clasp each other.
"Besides, there might be a method to my madness, you know?"
I spin around and walk away, eyes tracking certain other individuals in the room.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 92