Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47387 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #990 on: April 22, 2023, 10:18:18 pm »

Hmm, if Toonyman was Leng's partner and Max + Jim are team A, maybe it's better to take out one of Max or Jim today. Divide and conquer; two weakened scum teams are weaker than one full strength one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 22, 2023, 10:24:08 pm »

Also, Fallacy told me to say Toonyman mentioned double scum teams before Egan gave the info. Soooo, I’m trusting the sources

Toonyman
Uh, no I didn't?

Jim and I are also masons.

Hmm, if Toonyman was Leng's partner and Max + Jim are team A, maybe it's better to take out one of Max or Jim today. Divide and conquer; two weakened scum teams are weaker than one full strength one.
I mean, Max and Jim both killed people last night as "masons" so I think I'm okay with this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 22, 2023, 10:30:40 pm »

Killing one of the Max+Jim team today is also ideal, because if there's only one of them left with Hector tonight then they are now in a spot where if they kill each other they lose, but if they target town instead we're also going to pick them off the following days. It's very unlikely town can lose from that position.

Max is probably more dangerous and I've suspected them more even if they're claiming together, so Max first.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 22, 2023, 10:34:10 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> ToonyMan    --3-- Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911*, Knightwing64*,
juicebox       --1-- Maximum Spin*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- ToonyMan*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --7-- A_Curious_Cat*, hector13, hector13, hector13, juicebox, Jim Groovester, notquitethere,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on April 26, 2023 at 19:00 Central Daylight Time (~92 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 22, 2023, 10:34:29 pm »

I’m about to slump, so take all my info.

Fallacy: 

(Jim just admitted to superkilling me, He shot a claimed mason Is there any world where he's not scum With his superkill, too!)

Lenglon:

(Hey Medium, please pass along this: First, I confirm what Egan said about there being more than 1 scumteam. Second, I'm almost completely certain that Max is a member of the other one, and that he killed me because I accidently gave away the presence of two scumteams. Third, my top canidate for Max's scumbuddy is Jim.)
Thank you medium Knightwing. These are all great points dead people!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 22, 2023, 10:40:47 pm »

Hmm, if Toonyman was Leng's partner

I don't think ToonyMan is Lenglon's partner. I really wonder if he spends as much time as he does weighing in on the Tric/FoU argument and even calls FoU a mafia ally if in the back of his mind he's thinking there might be a way for FoU to eventually join his team.

If anything, any player who weighed in against FoU is less likely to be Lenglon's partner and any players who came in on the side of FoU or mostly avoided it are more likely to be Lenglon's partner. Players in the first category are ToonyMan, A_Curious_Cat, juicebox. Players in the latter would be notquitethere, hector13, any of the other lurkers. hector13 weighed in in FoU's favor, which I'll grant he could genuinely do as town.

I suspect Toony and juicebox are a scumteam, and Lenglon's partner is still out there.

If the Mafia result on ToonyMan is legit then I could see this pairing.

Jim and I are also masons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do I thunderdome FallacyofUrist at the end of Day 1 if I'm not myself on a mason team?

I didn't believe it either until I saw FoU's flip.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 22, 2023, 10:41:37 pm »

Yeah okay mafia ally mason team.

Yeah sure, call me a mafia ally. I'm gonna go trust the reads of dead scum and confirmed scum because they're players good at finding scum and they currently have a fine incentive to do so.
Maximum Spin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 22, 2023, 10:58:43 pm »

Do I thunderdome FallacyofUrist at the end of Day 1 if I'm not myself on a mason team?
You're right, it's pretty understandable to doubt a mason claim when you yourself are a mason. I didn't really get the impression you were masons on D1 though. You're either really good at hiding it or came up with this idea after D1.

It's frustrating because I have a hard time doubting you, and I still want to read you as town. But now that I've learned you're associated with Max it makes me feel dirty. I'm suspicious of you killing FoU. It lines up with your motivation, but that's a reasoning you could have built up as part of a mafia agenda.

I don't think ToonyMan is Lenglon's partner. I really wonder if he spends as much time as he does weighing in on the Tric/FoU argument and even calls FoU a mafia ally if in the back of his mind he's thinking there might be a way for FoU to eventually join his team.

If anything, any player who weighed in against FoU is less likely to be Lenglon's partner and any players who came in on the side of FoU or mostly avoided it are more likely to be Lenglon's partner. Players in the first category are ToonyMan, A_Curious_Cat, juicebox. Players in the latter would be notquitethere, hector13, any of the other lurkers. hector13 weighed in in FoU's favor, which I'll grant he could genuinely do as town.
This shows someone seriously considering the events of D1. I think this looks good.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 22, 2023, 11:02:26 pm »

You're right, it's pretty understandable to doubt a mason claim when you yourself are a mason. I didn't really get the impression you were masons on D1 though. You're either really good at hiding it or came up with this idea after D1.
Is this a joke. I was breadcrumbing it the whole ass time.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 22, 2023, 11:03:13 pm »

Max had my back all of Day 1.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 22, 2023, 11:05:51 pm »

I'm clearly ass at seeing mason pairs then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 22, 2023, 11:06:24 pm »

Calling it now: Mason chat is mafia chat.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 22, 2023, 11:11:49 pm »

Toony "literally outed scum by two different people" Man: "suddenly I feel really good about lynching mason claims."

Which one of us did you and your partner try to kill last night?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 22, 2023, 11:14:58 pm »

Fine. I believe Jim enough in my heart to believe you too Max. I rated Jim and Egan rather highly, but failed to not hold suspicion against Max or FoU. This could be the same thing. Unvote.

Which goes back to Hector. They are still the most likely Toaster killer and it says they have three votes now.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 22, 2023, 11:30:25 pm »

What the heck are you talking about? Two mafia teams can kill twice as many people as a single full-strength one in 99% of situations! Even if max or jim are mafia (and I wouldnt doubt atleast one of them are frankly) we would be much better off finding Lenglons partner then going for "two weakened scum teams" memery.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 92