Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47329 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #960 on: April 22, 2023, 06:40:30 pm »

"mafia team b" is the phrasing Fal gave me. There may have been some game of telephone going on because I was hearing the goings on in loverschat from masonchat and fal was hearing the goings on of scumchat from loverschat.

To paraphrase "leng says she's in mafia team b."
Why didn't you or FoU share that with us on D1?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 22, 2023, 06:43:24 pm »

Because we could have both won along with Lenglon, or used Fallacy's godlike role to become scum opportunistically. Was better to hedge our bets.

I'm telling you now because we obviously can't win like that with leng and fal both dead.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 22, 2023, 06:46:20 pm »

Question: for mafia teams A and B, will they want to focus on taking down town first right now, or the other mafia?
Mafia are going to want to kill the other mafia first.

"mafia team b" is the phrasing Fal gave me. There may have been some game of telephone going on because I was hearing the goings on in loverschat from masonchat and fal was hearing the goings on of scumchat from loverschat.

To paraphrase "leng says she's in mafia team b."

I'll also point out that Lenglon mentioned there being two mafia teams here.

It seemed to be in jest at the time, but maybe it was also a softclaim?
This is probably why Lenglon died, which implicates Max. Although Max claimed very openly.

I'm pretty sure Max and Hector are mafia, but they wouldn't be allied in this case and puts Hector with Lenglon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 22, 2023, 06:52:23 pm »

Because we could have both won along with Lenglon, or used Fallacy's godlike role to become scum opportunistically. Was better to hedge our bets.

I'm telling you now because we obviously can't win like that with leng and fal both dead.
You were effectively mafia-allies on D1 then by behaving that way. I count that as a correct read on my part.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 22, 2023, 06:54:03 pm »

Right.

(Innate, Setup) Yandere:  During the first Day, Choose a Player.  That Player becomes your Sweetheart for all remaining Abilities.  That Player can use a 0AP Mafiakill, even if they normally couldn’t use the Mafiakill.  You join a Loverchat with your Sweetheart, if they are not allied with you.  You win the Game regardless of each other's alignment so long as both of you are alive at the end of the Game.
Tags:  Innate,  Setup

So that’s presumably whatever ability linked Lenglon and FoU. If they won together regardless of alignment… does it make sense for Lenglon to tell FoU about another team so he helps in finding them for her?

Right… webadict said flips won’t contain wrong information somewhere… and FoU flipped town.

FoU’s Mason ability:

(Innate) But It Was Me, Nee-ko:  Oh boy, looks like your sister’s here.  Say hi to REDACT in the Masonchat for me.  Whenever you change alignments, REDACT changes to your alignment.
Tags:  Redacted,  Innate,  Recruit

Okay. Egan is town insofar as FoU flipped town.

FoU didn’t share the rest of team b with you by any chance? Even how many are on the team?

There’s too much empty space to fill in the gaps, either we assume Lenglon is lying or she wasn’t. But if she was lying, and there’s one scum team, who would kill a claimed Mason outside of scum? That would be such a bad, bad thing to do as Town. Maybe TP. But I’d rather not think on that right now.

I think there’s probably two teams, and it’s probably Lenglon/Toony and Max/Jim.

PPE: I think Max claimed before Egan dropped the multiple scum team bombshell?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 22, 2023, 06:57:32 pm »

This is very interesting. To answer Max's question, I used several shotted abilities. I also did target Egan last night. I targeted Fluffe and Toonyman as well. I need some clarification from Web before I claim any results though

Hmm, that seems like the relevant bit.
Maybe I should have held off mentioning I knew that leng visited me in case I could catch juicebox in a lie. Eh, probably doesn't matter.

In addition to learning who tric and toony visited, I also know exactly who visited me. These were FoU, Tric, Lenglon, and juicebox. Naturally, 3/4 of those are dead.

I know exactly what FoU and Tric did, and surmise that Leng used pink wig on me without any real effect. juicebox did something strange, particularly considering that they weren't in the game at the time they did it. Not sure what will come of it, but I am optimistic!

Can you tell us what juicebox did?

juicebox are you willing to claim what you did to Egan?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 22, 2023, 07:02:56 pm »

I'd rather wait to see what Juicebox says about it, if anything.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 22, 2023, 07:16:25 pm »

I just made Egan an offer. If you accept Egan I learn one of your targets N2 and I get to learn one of your abilities

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 22, 2023, 07:31:11 pm »

I was told that I must Choose an ability to give to an unknown player, along with the rest of my night results. That seems pretty different from what you're claiming it does.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 22, 2023, 07:34:03 pm »

That seems like an odd thing to do to a claimed Mason.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 22, 2023, 07:46:40 pm »

I was told that I must Choose an ability to give to an unknown player, along with the rest of my night results. That seems pretty different from what you're claiming it does.

Yeah I left that part out, I didn't think you would accept if you knew about that. I mainly wanted information on you to know if I could trust the mason claim. Everything else I said was accurate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 22, 2023, 08:06:55 pm »

No worries, I chose something ‼️FUN‼️ :3

I don't think it's an offer I can refuse, actually. I was required to choose something.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 22, 2023, 08:34:32 pm »

Since when do you have that ability, juicebox? Are you claiming someone else's actions now?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 22, 2023, 08:41:20 pm »

No, I'm claiming my own action. I'm pretty sure I know what my own abilities do

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 22, 2023, 08:45:46 pm »