Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47461 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #945 on: April 22, 2023, 05:41:15 pm »

Lenglon killed Fallacy to ascend to Godhood, right?
They ascended all right.

Any reason an inspect might provide a wrong result on you, Toony?
I think mafia framed me. It wouldn't have been Hector I can say at least.

Hector thinks there are 4 (now 3) mafia in total split between 2 teams but this feels... wrong? Cause this would mean at minimum assuming Max is town mafia killed 3 people at night which feels like alot for such a small mafia team... anyway my main point of thought right now is I think that it may genuinely be a possibility that half the players left are mafia of some variety which is uh quiet a scary thought.
It could be 2 and 2 mafia if there's third party killers. Max isn't cleared town because of the Lenglon kill for this setup.

You're right that it's pretty possible that half the players alive are not town.

If I had to make two groups of players it would look something like this:

Good Pile
Egan
NQT
Knightwing
Cat

Bad Pile
Fluffe - sorry
Juicebox
Jim
Max
Hector

Why are people certain that there are two scum teams? There might be (and would explain why a scum Toony has an inspect) but is there a compelling reason? We know town players can and do have kill powers in this setup.
It's not clear. This is based on the amount of kills, specifically unclaimed kills.

PPE:

Why are people certain that there are two scum teams? There might be (and would explain why a scum Toony has an inspect) but is there a compelling reason? We know town players can and do have kill powers in this setup.

Leng's mafia team seems to have thought it likely. I don't remember if we were told a reason why.

...I think it's because she knew herself to be member of mafia team b.
Or this.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 22, 2023, 05:41:44 pm »

Quote from: did you visit Egan?
Maximum Spin: did not.
NQT: did not.
Cat: did not.
Toonyman: did not.

hector13, Fluffe9911, juicebox, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64: Answer question?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 22, 2023, 05:46:45 pm »

Right, I know that Leng visited me. Looking over her actions, I can tell that she used Pink Wig on me because I'm not dead. That doesn't seem consistent with her betraying me and fallacy, unless she was planning to play it off to me somehow. But we wouldn't be in communications so she wouldn't have the chance. Her killing Fallacy would be a bad idea because then I'd have no reason not to just out her as scum, yes?

Therefore I strongly believe that someone else killed Fallacy, using a protection-bypassing method.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 22, 2023, 05:47:42 pm »

I did not visit ya

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 22, 2023, 05:51:46 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 22, 2023, 05:55:22 pm »

Bad Pile
Fluffe - sorry
:(
I think Curious Cat is possible in place of you, but their naive innocence is really convincing.

There has to be bad dudes inside Juicebox/Jim/Max/Hector.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 22, 2023, 05:58:17 pm »

Question: for mafia teams A and B, will they want to focus on taking down town first right now, or the other mafia?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 22, 2023, 05:59:48 pm »

This is very interesting. To answer Max's question, I used several shotted abilities. I also did target Egan last night. I targeted Fluffe and Toonyman as well. I need some clarification from Web before I claim any results though

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 22, 2023, 06:07:49 pm »

I mean, it’s all WIFOM, but how am I meant to kill three people in one night, also giving one of them a vote (without knowing whether or not Egan gets FoU’s night results) and taking one from another? ‘Cause I can tell you I did something else to Jim too.
Let me get this straight:
1. You took Toaster's vote and gave it to FoU.
2. You did something mysterious to Jim.

Yes.

I mean nobody’s mentioned it so far but I have three votes, and I stole and gave a vote away. Take from that what you will.

So that leaves 2 scum teams out of 7 players if I can count right. We’ve already caught 1, so… if there’s 2 per team there’s 3 left, otherwise half the town is scum lol.
Who do you think is the mafia with Lenglon?

I mean… you’ve been inspected as scum by a confirmed (more or less) Mason whose Mason buddy flipped town so… probably you. Max is really rubbing me the wrong way, so possibly with him, and/or Jim/NQT, but only because you inspect as scum and said they’re town.

If we were to play devil’s advocate, there are two Frame tagged actions from the flipped players (if I remember rightly without checking) which were not traditional frames, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t one in the game. If there are two teams it would probably implicate Curious Cat because I don’t think they mentioned much about you D1, and there are better options for an inspect (me, or a lurker, for example) that they could have inspected; that probably also implicates a more experienced player (which I think leaves me Jim and Max) as one of their teammates to direct that in case of trackers/watchers.

If there are multiple teams, you’re with Lenglon, Max and Jim are the other team. If you’re being framed in this instance… Lenglon can’t be with Cat because Lenglon’s frame doesn’t work like that. Cat probably isn’t scum in this instance, but I am struggling looking beyond Max and Jim as a team, and that’s colouring my thoughts. I may need to think on this more when there are fewer distractions.

PPE: lots of posts since I got distracted typing this out that have not been factored in.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 22, 2023, 06:10:44 pm »

I arsed that post up, goodness me. No wonder it got really long if I’m typing the same shit out twice.

I should do this in a computer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 22, 2023, 06:27:01 pm »

This is very interesting. To answer Max's question, I used several shotted abilities. I also did target Egan last night. I targeted Fluffe and Toonyman as well. I need some clarification from Web before I claim any results though

Hmm, that seems like the relevant bit.
Maybe I should have held off mentioning I knew that leng visited me in case I could catch juicebox in a lie. Eh, probably doesn't matter.

In addition to learning who tric and toony visited, I also know exactly who visited me. These were FoU, Tric, Lenglon, and juicebox. Naturally, 3/4 of those are dead.

I know exactly what FoU and Tric did, and surmise that Leng used pink wig on me without any real effect. juicebox did something strange, particularly considering that they weren't in the game at the time they did it. Not sure what will come of it, but I am optimistic!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 22, 2023, 06:27:28 pm »

Fluffe

Ok so we have 4 kills in total 3 town 1 mafia

Max claims they killed the mafia while we are uncertain who killed the 3 town although some people think hector somehow killed all three of them which I find VERY unlikely (although as I was writing this now NQT thinks Lenglon killed Fallacy)

Hector thinks there are 4 (now 3) mafia in total split between 2 teams but this feels... wrong? Cause this would mean at minimum assuming Max is town mafia killed 3 people at night which feels like alot for such a small mafia team... anyway my main point of thought right now is I think that it may genuinely be a possibility that half the players left are mafia of some variety which is uh quiet a scary thought.

I was speculating what I thought would be the makeup of two scum teams. Max is not cleared from being scum in a two team game, also, and Egan, very likely town, claimed killing Tric. FoU and Toaster’s kills remain unclaimed, and I’m being suspected of it.

There might just be one team and Max is trying to make whoever killed his teammate Lenglon counterclaim.

NQT

Lenglon probably used By Any Means Necessary to make sure the kill went through, and might have second cell phoned (which did nothing because she died for real).

Ppe: Egan, okay, that's interesting...

--

I’m not certain, it was brought up by someone else (maybe Egan?) as a possibility and I speculated from it.

See above.

Egan

Leng's mafia team seems to have thought it likely. I don't remember if we were told a reason why.

...I think it's because she knew herself to be member of mafia team b.

… the phrase “mafia team b” specifically came up?

Toony help us out, are you a or b? or, indeed, any other letter/number?

Quote from: did you visit Egan?
Maximum Spin: did not.
NQT: did not.
Cat: did not.
Toonyman: did not.

To be perfectly honest Toony answered the question for me already, but I did not target you last night.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 22, 2023, 06:32:19 pm »

"mafia team b" is the phrasing Fal gave me. There may have been some game of telephone going on because I was hearing the goings on in loverschat from masonchat and fal was hearing the goings on of scumchat from loverschat.

To paraphrase "leng says she's in mafia team b."

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 22, 2023, 06:36:42 pm »

"mafia team b" is the phrasing Fal gave me. There may have been some game of telephone going on because I was hearing the goings on in loverschat from masonchat and fal was hearing the goings on of scumchat from loverschat.

To paraphrase "leng says she's in mafia team b."

I'll also point out that Lenglon mentioned there being two mafia teams here.

It seemed to be in jest at the time, but maybe it was also a softclaim?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 22, 2023, 06:39:15 pm »

That would track.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 92