Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47721 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2023, 12:13:33 pm »

Okay this might be sleep inertia and distractedness talking, but if we’re going to eliminate a claimed Mason, would we not be better eliminating the less active one so the more active one is confirmed town?
I'd honestly rather have a confirmed Egan than a confirmed Fallacy, provided Egan can actually start being present again.
This doesn’t strike me as town logic, necessarily.

Okay this might be sleep inertia and distractedness talking, but if we’re going to eliminate a claimed Mason, would we not be better eliminating the less active one so the more active one is confirmed town?

If they’re lying scum then it doesn’t necessarily (super power role game aside) matter which order they go in.

The thunderdome challenge I just issued aside, I'm okay with doing this.
Like, if you absolutely have to execute one of us, it may as well be the person who… doesn’t seem to enjoy playing the game and has less energy to spend on it.

I can't recall a game where killing the mason claim first waa the right move. I'd like to be wrong here, but it seems a ridiculously high risk move for a mafia Fallacy.
Oh, obviously it’s wrong, but Jim and Max still seem pretty convinced I’m scum. I’ve also lost all faith in Jack.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2023, 12:14:56 pm »

I can't recall a game where killing the mason claim first waa the right move. I'd like to be wrong here, but it seems a ridiculously high risk move for a mafia Fallacy.
I agree.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 20, 2023, 12:17:18 pm »

No.  Flips may be hidden/REDACTED, but they will never be outlight lies.
All right, in that case a town Fallacy should be taken to imply a town Egan and I guess the game is weirder than I thought, but I'm not so convinced that a scum Fallacy (which I obviously expect) will imply a scum Egan. He may easily have picked the player who's least likely to contradict it to tar.
He might say that I'm attributing too much competence in the weird mix of competence and incompetence, though.

This doesn’t strike me as town logic, necessarily.
I genuinely think Egan is a better town player.

Ugh, I really don't want to go into why I don't believe this but if you two (NQT and Toony) tell me I should accept it for now, I will. Even though Jim obviously wants to fight it out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 20, 2023, 12:17:30 pm »

Changing to FallacyofUrist, since that's now the same as voting Egan_BW for not participating.
Not okay with this.

EuchreJack. Since my vote shouldn't be on Lenglon at this point. No more sheep, only baa.
Look FoU, a player that isn't tunneling you.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 20, 2023, 12:31:11 pm »

Im just gonna keep my vote on Jack for now he took like a day to make any response and when he did he never actually addressed my post at all.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 20, 2023, 12:32:25 pm »

Tric, the voice of reason

Is… is it Jack/Jim??????????
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 20, 2023, 12:33:55 pm »

And we won't see them again. Given they don't seem to be paying attention. I could let that slide, but his vote is a bit bandwagony. I reframed from voting cause day wasn't over yet.

Ninja. In case you haven't noticed, I've been poking at you cause there were.. is a lot to poke at. And no, it's not likely Jim, your push was just bad given no one seems to have been convinced.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 20, 2023, 12:40:04 pm »

I haven't had the time or energy, but yes I'm Mason with Fal.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 20, 2023, 12:46:41 pm »

Town
Tric
Curious Cat

Townlite
Jim - good vibes
Max - I'm being optimistic here
juicebox - effortposts
Lenglon - extremely hyper active, good sign
Knightwing - mafia more important than school
Toaster - interested in finding scum, I see a light of passion

Null
Jack - cannot determine
NQT - starting to rub me the wrong way
Fluffe - meh
Egan - who

Suspicious
Hector - lots of words but I don't see any value, I expect a wall of text complaining in response
FoU - completely unreasonable

Harumph :(

Haha I put Toony in my would-eliminate list and now I'm starting to rub him the wrong way. Oh man I am so dying tonight if Toony is scum.
I probably kill Max tonight if I was mafia.

I'm a pretty emotion based detective. What I mean by that is I make my deductions based on feelings and intuition. Obviously I can form logical conclusions, but that's not how I like to catch scum. A player like Fluffe strikes me as someone that needs to evidence or hard facts to make deductions they're confident about. I can see that angle. I think you're the same way NQT.

I think that's why you made a post earlier comparing past BYORs with nonvoters and the statistics of who were scum. That part is fine. What bothers me, and drives me as a detective, is I don't get the feeling you're using your evidence to really find scum. That's what rubs me the wrong way. Maybe Egan is scum and your logic and vote are completely valid, but it's these actions that make me suspect you harder.

Or like, how can you write a big write up about three players voting habits and then not realize I was voting someone? I'm willing to give this more of a pass because you missed a ton of stuff as town in FBYOR5 and I value meta rather highly as a player, which Jim supports and Hector is dismissive of.

I’m not dismissive of meta reads as a concept, I have them myself - I actually have some agreement over Tric’s behaviour - but I also don’t think that they shouldn’t be the main justification of a series of reads.

I’m probably not going to explain it very well because today is the first day in two weeks I have some responsiblty for a baby and it’s difficult writing posts while trying to make sure they’re not trying to put bad things in their mouth, but here goes.

From my reading of Jim’s case he is reading Tric as not scum because of meta - fine, I agree - but because FoU does not agree with that he seems to be going way into confirmation bias territory by citing games in which Tric was scum and not acting like this to support his view, and then games in which FoU was scum and acting like this, when games in which FoU was acting like this and wasn’t scum are also available, and games in which FoU was scum and acting differently are available too.

I’m needed elsewhere so can’t do what I normally do and try to clean up the post for clarity but… I mean I don’t know if it’s of value to clear it up, but if anyone needs it just ask.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 20, 2023, 12:48:34 pm »

I haven't had the time or energy, but yes I'm Mason with Fal.

Thank you friend Egan

Gate of Dreams this Night

Now can the conspiracy theory that I faked being masons in order to kill a townie, cease?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 20, 2023, 12:48:55 pm »

Tric, the voice of reason

Is… is it Jack/Jim??????????
I don't think Jim's reaction to you claiming mason is "Bullshit, fight me to the death" if he's mafia.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 20, 2023, 12:49:36 pm »

I think Jim would totally do that as mafia.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 20, 2023, 12:57:05 pm »

What's the wording on you not giving proper alignment results?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 20, 2023, 12:59:25 pm »

I think Jim would totally do that as mafia.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 20, 2023, 01:15:42 pm »

Damn, I was just about sure to vote Fallacy.

So….

what now?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92