Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47770 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #690 on: April 20, 2023, 11:58:29 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> FallacyofUrist --6-- Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*, Toaster*, A_Curious_Cat*, EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*,
EuchreJack        --2-- Fluffe9911*, ToonyMan*,
juicebox          --1-- notquitethere*,
Lenglon           --1-- TricMagic*,
notquitethere     --1-- hector13*,
Toaster           --1-- Knightwing64*,
A_Curious_Cat     --0--
Egan_BW           --0--
Fluffe9911        --0--
hector13          --0--
Jim Groovester    --0--
Knightwing64      --0--
Maximum Spin      --0--
ToonyMan          --0--
TricMagic         --0--
No One            --0--

Not Voting        --4-- Egan_BW*, FallacyofUrist*, juicebox*, Lenglon*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 19:00 Central Daylight Time (6 hours and 57 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 20, 2023, 12:01:07 pm »

I'll go verify that Egan_BW's brief effort at the start of Day 1 is better explainable in the context of a mason team, because from my recollection of the rest of Day 1 there is very little in terms of associative tells that tie you together with Egan_BW which would otherwise look scummy but are also consistent with a mason team.

So I briefly skimmed the game looking for anything that would tie Egan_BW and FallacyofUrist together as a team and didn't really find anything, which isn't surprising given Egan_BW's lack of activity. So literally the only thing to go off in support of FallacyofUrist's mason claim is the little hint he dropped about it a day or two ago.

I don't believe it. And if it's true then my understanding of the game is fundamentally wrong and I don't think that's the case since my read on FoU is screaming to me that he's scum, so I'm going to do something stupid that I shouldn't probably do.

THUNDERDOME ME FALLACYOFURIST

MANO A MANO

THE GAME WHERE YOU'RE TOWN WITH EGAN_BW IS NOT THE GAME WE'RE PLAYING
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 20, 2023, 12:03:11 pm »

Nah, I’m dead.

But you know Jim, Jim, Jim

Is there any reason I shouldn’t take you down with me, if I’m going to die anyways?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 20, 2023, 12:03:18 pm »

Lenglon, I think, mentioned death millers before. I would have assumed these weren't on the table in a non-bastard game. If they are, I have deep concerns about the current gamestate, while if they aren't I think everything's fine.
webadict, are death falsifiers on the table?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 20, 2023, 12:04:00 pm »

Okay this might be sleep inertia and distractedness talking, but if we’re going to eliminate a claimed Mason, would we not be better eliminating the less active one so the more active one is confirmed town?

If they’re lying scum then it doesn’t necessarily (super power role game aside) matter which order they go in.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 20, 2023, 12:04:35 pm »

Jack: In other circumstances, I'd be taking that vote as an amusing joke. In these circumstances, it's sketch. I wasn't happy with ya anyway, and my vote needs a place to be. Enjoy!

Lenglon, I think, mentioned death millers before. I would have assumed these weren't on the table in a non-bastard game. If they are, I have deep concerns about the current gamestate, while if they aren't I think everything's fine.
I mentioned them on the side when explaining why inspection results aren't 100% in a BYOR. I don't think we actually have any.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 20, 2023, 12:05:40 pm »

Okay this might be sleep inertia and distractedness talking, but if we’re going to eliminate a claimed Mason, would we not be better eliminating the less active one so the more active one is confirmed town?
I'd honestly rather have a confirmed Egan than a confirmed Fallacy, provided Egan can actually start being present again.

I mentioned them on the side when explaining why inspection results aren't 100% in a BYOR. I don't think we actually have any.
I understood that. I just mean that you bringing them up is the reason they're on my mind.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 20, 2023, 12:06:22 pm »

Nah, I’m dead.

Is there any reason I shouldn’t take you down with me, if I’m going to die anyways?
Take me instead. I'm still waiting on that Thunderdome you promised. (I know you didn't, but better me than Jim right?)

Egan can be eliminated as a lurker, yes. But more likely that trickery is going on I think, the best thing Egan can do to survive is just stay silent so FoU dies instead. Ironically the town response will just get him lynched, so good job FoU.

Also, that Jack vote is a perfect example of my misgivings.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 20, 2023, 12:06:48 pm »

No.  Flips may be hidden/REDACTED, but they will never be outlight lies.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 20, 2023, 12:06:55 pm »

If they’re lying scum then it doesn’t necessarily (super power role game aside) matter which order they go in.

Obviously I don’t like the idea of eliminating town. But that logic does make sense, from the perspective of someone who genuinely thinks I’m scum.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 20, 2023, 12:07:17 pm »

EuchreJack. Since my vote shouldn't be on Lenglon at this point. No more sheep, only baa.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 20, 2023, 12:08:10 pm »

Nah, I’m dead.

NONE AT ALL

BRING IT

The thunderdome challenge I just issued aside, I'm okay with doing this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 20, 2023, 12:10:17 pm »

I'd prefer to keep both masons alive personally, but if we MUST lynch one, lynching one that isn't playing the game is better, I will admit.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 20, 2023, 12:10:42 pm »

I can't recall a game where killing the mason claim first waa the right move. I'd like to be wrong here, but it seems a ridiculously high risk move for a mafia Fallacy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 20, 2023, 12:12:21 pm »

NQT: I just caught myself fixating on the FoU situation and need to fix it. could you re-summarize, or simply link to where you said it before, your reasons for voting juicebox?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 92