Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47790 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #660 on: April 20, 2023, 09:39:47 am »

Alright, Day will be extended by 1 hour to 19:00 CDT (01:00 GMT)
This is anti-British.
Tea goes in the harbor!
No!!!!

NQT, would you say you're a logical hunter?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 20, 2023, 09:49:43 am »

'Logical hunter' is an aspiration, sure. And you're right I've definitely missed plenty in the thread. And Tea in the harbour would explain why he stopped playing here.

OK, while I'm on a real computer for a moment:

A player like Fluffe strikes me as someone that needs to evidence or hard facts to make deductions they're confident about. I can see that angle. I think you're the same way NQT.
True, I tend to be more analytical, but I am trying to listen to my instincts more and more.

Or like, how can you write a big write up about three players voting habits and then not realize I was voting someone?
Yes, that's true, I did miss the Toaster vote. It wasn't a big write up though, it was a rapid fire squeeze-into-a-lunch kind of post.

I'm willing to give this more of a pass because you missed a ton of stuff as town in FBYOR5 and I value meta rather highly as a player, which Jim supports and Hector is dismissive of.
I missed some dumb stuff in FBYOR5, but I figured most of the game out while many players weren't even looking. I was particularly exuberant in the pirate phase and that led to sloppy posting. I guess the similarity here is, when I'm moving quickly I'll sometimes miss things... but at least I'm moving. If I'm not even bothering, then that's when people have to worry.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2023, 09:58:47 am »

I’m mason partners with Egan_BW. My death will confirm that I’m a mason, thus confirming him as town.

Tric is lying about me voting Jim first. He voted me first, as documented by the timings of the post I quoted.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 20, 2023, 10:02:28 am »

Wow.

Is there irony in NQT's logic being immediately shattered by a hard claim?

Yes, yes there is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 20, 2023, 10:04:38 am »

Ugh. Parsing Tric is such a pain. I think I half misread that.

Sequence of events, as far as I recall
I vote Max
I vote Tric
Jim votes me
I vote Jim
I vote Tric
I unvote

The point is my vote on Jim wasn’t an OMGUS, it was a response to Jim chainsaw defending Tric.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 20, 2023, 10:06:37 am »

That's convenient!

Let's revisit the list from before:

+++++++ Egan
++++++ Euchrejack
+++++ Fluffe
++++ Juicebox [NOT VOTING]
+++ Fallacy
++ Toony
+ Knightwing

So let's see who Juicebox settles on now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 20, 2023, 10:06:45 am »

At least two suspicious players are towncleared now. You are town confirmed with each other right?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2023, 10:10:08 am »

PFP

Incidentally, the fact that I’m a mason is the role information I mentioned that has the result of me deviating from my meta.

I don’t see any reason to claim any other role information at this time, currently. There’s at least a chance this is enough to save me (both of us) and if that happens I don’t want to give away our advantages so scum can exploit them.

I didn’t want to claim because the mason reveal would have had much more impact on a later date, and the scum will now be much more motivated to eliminate me and Egan.

At least two suspicious players are towncleared now. You are town confirmed with each other right?
Correct. We know each others’ alignments. We’re both Town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2023, 10:23:26 am »

I’m mason partners with Egan_BW. My death will confirm that I’m a mason, thus confirming him as town.

Tric is lying about me voting Jim first. He voted me first, as documented by the timings of the post I quoted.
Your alignment can't be confirmed. You're mason partners that has to confirm your alignment. You see an issue? Roles aren't Alignment in this game. sigh.. Egan can probably be poked to confirm this, but given they're lurking anyway...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2023, 10:26:47 am »

Ugh. Parsing Tric is such a pain. I think I half misread that.

Sequence of events, as far as I recall
I vote Max
I vote Tric
Jim votes me
I vote Jim
I vote Tric
I unvote

The point is my vote on Jim wasn’t an OMGUS, it was a response to Jim chainsaw defending Tric.

This appears to be fundamentally incorrect.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> juicebox    --4-- EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*, notquitethere*, Maximum Spin*,
Lenglon        --2-- Jim Groovester*, A_Curious_Cat*,
Maximum Spin   --2-- FallacyofUrist*, Lenglon*,
Egan_BW        --1-- TricMagic*,
EuchreJack     --1-- hector13*,
Toaster        --1-- ToonyMan*,
TricMagic      --1-- Toaster*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
FallacyofUrist --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --4-- Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911, juicebox, Knightwing64,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~67 hours remaining).

Between this votecount and the next page, your vote was still on Max.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 20, 2023, 10:29:42 am »

Got caught up again after watching a very large rocket blow up.  Currently 99.99% convinced Fallacy is scum.  So no reason to change my vote right now.  Currently tired.  Going to take a nap...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 20, 2023, 10:32:42 am »

Tric.

Being masons has the effect of confirming our alignment as Town with each other. Since our role flips on death will reveal that we are masons, and also that we are Town, it will confirm that our paired partner is also town.

And for fuck’s sakes, can a neutral party please verify the order of votes, please. I don’t trust my or Tric’s analysis at this point.

Got caught up again after watching a very large rocket blow up.  Currently 99.99% convinced Fallacy is scum.  So no reason to change my vote right now.  Currently tired.  Going to take a nap...
If I was scum, why would I claim being part of a mason pair?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 20, 2023, 10:35:48 am »

Maybe, but that's two mafia dead to rights. Don't really think they can win from this position so I think I believe them.

And for fuck’s sakes, can a neutral party please verify the order of votes, please. I don’t trust my or Tric’s analysis at this point.
I don't care. Nobody cares.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 20, 2023, 10:37:29 am »

Everything about how you are playing is screaming to me that this cannot be true.

This is also true of Egan_BW. Egan_BW being non-participant scum is familiar for the little I've played with him.

You two are my two strongest scumreads. I really don't feel a Day 1 lynch that does not include one of you. I'll go verify that Egan_BW's brief effort at the start of Day 1 is better explainable in the context of a mason team, because from my recollection of the rest of Day 1 there is very little in terms of associative tells that tie you together with Egan_BW which would otherwise look scummy but are also consistent with a mason team.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 20, 2023, 10:40:07 am »

Honestly, I'm shocked FoU didn't claim masons with Lenglon.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 92