Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47726 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #645 on: April 20, 2023, 07:49:08 am »

It's from the Latin pugnare, meaning to fight (compare pugilist, repugnant, impugn, pungent, all from the same roots). I'm saying you're vociferous, cantankerous, but you've got verve, moxy, fighting spirit.

You're somewhere between a yappy dog snapping at the ankles and a rampaging gorilla.

In a good way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 20, 2023, 08:30:55 am »

Reviewing my play so far, it has sucked.
I was going through a lot, and not feeling well.

I'm going to switch to FallacyofUrist upon Egan_BW's appearance, because I think Fallacy is scum and I don't want to deal with them tomorrow.

I'm also generally uninterested in Fallacy's claimed reveal, that he's been stringing along and not sharing.

I got three fairly powerful abilities, plus the hat. I assume most of you are the same. We probably have multiples of some stuff.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 20, 2023, 08:49:39 am »

Pfp

Knightwing looks like town to me.

Juicebox looks town to me.

Jim's latest big post felt really good.

I've turned around on Toaster and feel better about them.

I'm cautious of Max and Hector.

Jack doesn't seem interested in voting NQT for me. I have mixed feelings about both but I think I like Jack more.

@Lenglon:
I'll explain this just for you.

There are four possibilities about Tric/Jim:

1. Both are town.
2. Tric is town. Jim is scum.
3. Tric is scum. Jim is town.
4. Both are scum.

Let's assume scum means mafia so we can pair them as partners, but the reasoning works either way.

I believe #3 is the least likely possibility. Scum!Tric fooling most of the playerbase, including me and Jim, is not likely.

Both being scum is probably not true, it could be if Jim wanted to go that route to keep Tric alive. We lynch Jim first here.

Both being town is possible. This is the reason we wouldn't want to lynch either.

Tric being town and Jim being scum is very possible. I don't believe it's true, but it would be the correct reasoning to attack from.

I'm not manipulating players to kill each other like you're accusing. I was telling FoU the best way to approach his suspicions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 20, 2023, 08:57:04 am »

You mostly learned that I can gift hats. Not much else. I'm still waiting for that Thunderdome Fallacy, have some Conviction in your case. As is(and Toaster said it better), voting me while making that lynch my guilt. But you built that vote around people who I don't have any connections with personally. I haven't really pnged them as much, so.

The heck is 'pnged'?

(You claim Jack is a bad lynch, a trash read by me. Yet someone you can't trust and has yet to really be seen could be a possible Day 1 lynch. Why the Change of Heart?{I swear if that's actually your role I will laugh.})
(post-edit.) Fallacy has called my putting forth Jack as lynch a bad read. Or whatever it was. But he doesn't actually trust him. As a doublevoter, they are rather dangerous if left alive. But they can't be seen as backing Jack either. I'm not sure what is going on with Fallacy here. Well, I do... I'm doing the same thing of waiting to see, but what I've seen so far doesn't reassure me. Which is why I put them forward in the first place, see how FoU reacted, while not being someone I would mourn.

I don't understand your thought process here at all? It's a bit incoherent, sorry. If you'll elaborate I can give a proper response.

(How is it low? They've participated, should be readable. What makes the drop in Genuineness? IMPORTANT: Timeline does not line up. Fallacy voted Jim first, after Jim voted Fallacy for his read. See Mamobo *links.
A point of order. Toaster was voting me before all of this. It's an outright fabrication of events to fit a theme.)
This is why having a lot of discussion is good, lies like these pop up. All you need to do is look for them. (You can say you made a mistake, but it's still a fault in your reasoning.)
(post-edit) The vote order was Jim votes Fallacy, Fallacy votes Jim back. Not even remembering why you voted someone? Or twisting the events to make up a reason to suspect them. As Jim is part of his suggested scumteam, this is a major crack in his reasoning. As for Jim's defense of me, well. We've talked about that. As stated lower in this post, Fallacy is making his case based upon me being Mafia/Third Party, guilty before proven innocent.

Uh.

Going to try to keep this brief by posting reads and thoughts about players rather than a gigantic wall of text with a million little quotes.

SUSPICIOUS
FallacyofUrist - his read on TricMagic is amongst the worst I've ever seen. I'd feel pretty confident hammering FallacyofUrist this early in the day if he were within range
PFP

Jim is voting me just because I don’t agree with him on Tric?

This is especially aggravating because he simultaneously implies I’m competent enough to easily figure out Tric’s alignment but too incompetent to hide my scum strategies when I’m mafia.

That’s not a reasonable stance to take. I’m doing my first investigation on Tric, to try and validate my read or prove it wrong, but Jim Groovester gets my vote for that garbage.

No, uh, Jim literally voted me first. Look at the dates of the posts. What the heck Tric.

From the looks of things I voted Maximum Spin, then Jim Groovester, then TricMagic.
Skipping the rest of this. You said Jim was voting you because you voted me. But Jim voted you first, and then you voted Jim back.

Toony is right, you are a mafia ally. (Though I was pretty sure that might have been the chaos given your only goal was stated to cause chaos by voting me.)

The first bit is supposed to be pinged, not pnged.

Is a serial killer a bad execution? You're eliminating a threat to the town. If I had Tric's alignment confirmed to me as SK I'd rate his execution as fair, as opposed to good (executing scum) or bad (executing town).
I can cut things out too, ya see? That post you said makes no sense? It was missing your part of the post where you said you Jim was voting you cause you voted me. So, where does lynching a neutral third party fall?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #649 on: April 20, 2023, 09:04:49 am »

Town
Tric
Curious Cat

Townlite
Jim - good vibes
Max - I'm being optimistic here
juicebox - effortposts
Lenglon - extremely hyper active, good sign
Knightwing - mafia more important than school
Toaster - interested in finding scum, I see a light of passion

Null
Jack - cannot determine
NQT - starting to rub me the wrong way
Fluffe - meh
Egan - who

Suspicious
Hector - lots of words but I don't see any value, I expect a wall of text complaining in response
FoU - completely unreasonable

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 20, 2023, 09:07:36 am »

Jim and Max pushed a case against FoU involving problems with his case against Tric. You should ask for them to give you their own summaries of their cases, especially Jim, because I don't think they'd agree that my summary of their cases would be fair.
Alrighty sure
@Jim
@Max
@FoU
@Tric

What's your summary of the argument so far? Would you say Lenglons is close to being right?

Fallacy first used me as a Divisive Element, creating a list and splitting people into two groups. Group 1, those that believed me not to be mafia/defending me. Group 2/those who did not interact with me. And maybe a group 3 of people who didn't believe what group 1 was saying, maybe...

He then used that info to determine Genuineness, or perhaps it was just a badly formatted read list. Before using that to determine who was least Genuine.And then making me the CENTERPIECE. The results were that we had two people who didn't want to interact with my hatstuff. And 1 person who was defending me. (Jim, who had voted Fallacy and who Fallacy voted back.)

The key factor is he made the first post using me as a divisive element, then made the second post using me as a binding element. But his final result was a mixture of elements, not a singular whole. With me presumed guilty until proven innocent, and Jim by association.

Fact: He did not even attempt to determine my Genuineness. As the two posts were made back to back, he went into it determined that I was Mafia, and built up a wall of text to support his conclusion, rather than determining it through others actions. After which he went into Meta Arguments to protect himself when it failed horribly.

nin.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 20, 2023, 09:09:13 am »

Haha I put Toony in my would-eliminate list and now I'm starting to rub him the wrong way. Oh man I am so dying tonight if Toony is scum.

--

Tric, can you talk about another player for a bit, just to mix it up a bit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 20, 2023, 09:13:35 am »

oh, really quick:

Cat: You've stopped participating. Don't do that.

Well… I'm typing this reply for the third time.  First time was aborted due to what I think are problems caused by the web browser on my main computer and the fact that bay12 forums.com doesn’t use HTTPS, and also problems that I think are being caused by the touchpad (insertion point moving around randomly, text being deleted randomly, and text being highlighted randomly).  The second time was because the battery on my tablet ran out.  Hopefully this time will be better…

In any case, I just barely got caught up (which is a task as I’m actually a bit of a slow reader).  I’m currently leaning towards lynching FallacyofUrist.  He’s made enough posts and interacted with enough people that how he “flips” should be quite informative.  Of course, the same could be said about TricMagic, however I think (or at least hope; -I’d make investigating his alignment a top priority if I were a cop-) that he’s a town-allied 3rd party and that his powers would make him a great benefit to the town.

In any case, it’s way past my bedtime and I’d like to get some sleep.

FallacyofUrist, why should I vote someone other than you?  And why should that person be TricMagic (and not, say, Jim Groovester)?

TricMagic, what is your alignment (and how can we be sure)?
Haha I put Toony in my would-eliminate list and now I'm starting to rub him the wrong way. Oh man I am so dying tonight if Toony is scum.

--

Tric, can you talk about another player for a bit, just to mix it up a bit.
Not quite yet not quite there. Still going through all the posts.

To Cat. In response to your previous post, about me not answering a question I never answer, I give you Honesty. I'll never answer those types of questions, ever, town or mafia. And you can't be sure, that's kinda self-defense for all games.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 20, 2023, 09:16:50 am »

Alright, Day will be extended by 1 hour to 19:00 CDT

I'll have a Mamobo up in a couple hours.

Also, any Day actions should be sent in sooner than later.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2023, 09:18:05 am »

If it actually looks like I'll be executed, I'll share the reason why I'm deviating from my own meta. It'll be helpful, but I'd rather not claim it earlier than that, because reasons.

There's still a lot of room for the vote to swerve, at least. Probably onto Jack instead of Jim, unfortunately.
So... Chinese Fire Drill Hopes and Towns? (Let's please not go through that again.)

On that note, FallacyofUrist, you are now on hammer warning.
Or would be if I didn't scroll down through the latest posts. But the point stands.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2023, 09:19:14 am »

It's from the Latin pugnare, meaning to fight (compare pugilist, repugnant, impugn, pungent, all from the same roots). I'm saying you're vociferous, cantankerous, but you've got verve, moxy, fighting spirit.

You're somewhere between a yappy dog snapping at the ankles and a rampaging gorilla.

In a good way.

Hurrah?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2023, 09:23:42 am »

Alright, Day will be extended by 1 hour to 19:00 CDT (01:00 GMT)
This is anti-British.

KW, why should everyone be voting Toaster? What do you think about Egan? Or Toony? Or Euchrejack?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2023, 09:24:27 am »

I probably kill Max tonight if I was mafia.

I'm a pretty emotion based detective. What I mean by that is I make my deductions based on feelings and intuition. Obviously I can form logical conclusions, but that's not how I like to catch scum. A player like Fluffe strikes me as someone that needs to evidence or hard facts to make deductions they're confident about. I can see that angle. I think you're the same way NQT.

I think that's why you made a post earlier comparing past BYORs with nonvoters and the statistics of who were scum. That part is fine. What bothers me, and drives me as a detective, is I don't get the feeling you're using your evidence to really find scum. That's what rubs me the wrong way. Maybe Egan is scum and your logic and vote are completely valid, but it's these actions that make me suspect you harder.

Or like, how can you write a big write up about three players voting habits and then not realize I was voting someone? I'm willing to give this more of a pass because you missed a ton of stuff as town in FBYOR5 and I value meta rather highly as a player, which Jim supports and Hector is dismissive of.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 20, 2023, 09:31:03 am »

Quick thought: Tric claims his role is to give hats. Other players have indicated that hat ownership seems to be widespread. It seems like the hats Tric could give are already owned by others.

Tric is probably lying and his role actually takes hats.

Ppe: Jim, I could have said the exact same thing about Jack as you say in your last post
Not reading the thread NQT. Fair given computer...

One of my first posts mentioned I stole hats. After FoU's attempt before I went to sleep, I said I also Gave hats. Rather obviously, Robin Hat is accurate. Even made the joke in that post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 20, 2023, 09:35:51 am »

Alright, Day will be extended by 1 hour to 19:00 CDT (01:00 GMT)
This is anti-British.
Tea goes in the harbor!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 92