Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 159

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 209164 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #600 on: May 31, 2023, 12:08:33 pm »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 31, 2023, 12:15:56 pm »

This feels relevant.
https://i.imgur.com/y4r4Quo.mp4

(I tried to post it using the code for an image but it just disappeared, not sure if there is a better way to do it)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 31, 2023, 01:25:33 pm »

This feels relevant.
https://i.imgur.com/y4r4Quo.mp4

(I tried to post it using the code for an image but it just disappeared, not sure if there is a better way to do it)
MP4 is (most often) video and audio... Without going there, are you sure what it actually is?

(edit: That is, if someone's using it as an image container, it's probably well beyond what this SMF forum's code recognises as a legitimate image-embed.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 01:28:57 pm by Starver »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 31, 2023, 01:51:14 pm »

It's what Medvedev does. His role us to spout extreme hyperbolic crap, so that the official Russian stance may seem more moderate and sensible.

And he was assigned this role after Zhyrinovsky died. Before that Medvedev never produced this level of nonsense.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 01, 2023, 12:25:39 am »

I've never seen MP4 used as an image format before.

According to Dmitri Medvedev, the UK is waging 'an undeclared war against Russia'. He says that British officials who are in any way aiding Ukraine in it's fight are 'legitimate military targets'.
According to Medvedev, the UK is 'an eternal enemy' of Russia.

Inb4 article 5
I doubt they're gonna invoke article 5 because of that, especially since Russia has been saying shit like that the entire war.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 01, 2023, 12:36:09 am »

MP4 is (most often) video and audio... Without going there, are you sure what it actually is?
*Shrugs*

Of course I know that it isn't actually an image as a MP4 in the same way that GIFs aren't images either. However the forum IMG tag works for them just fine, so I figured I would try it out.

I was just wondering if there was an alternate way to post them on this forum using some other tag even though I figured that it *probably* wasn't possible.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 01, 2023, 02:49:44 am »

According to Dmitri Medvedev, the UK is waging 'an undeclared war against Russia'. He says that British officials who are in any way aiding Ukraine in it's fight are 'legitimate military targets'.

Inb4 article 5
I doubt they're gonna invoke article 5 because of that, especially since Russia has been saying shit like that the entire war.
Obviously just for saying it, nah. But if they actually do attack and kill a British official? I guess it depends if that happens on NATO soil or not.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 01, 2023, 05:07:51 am »

Liberty of Russia and VRC are raiding Belgorod again, now with serious artillery support.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 01, 2023, 05:27:16 am »

o\
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 01, 2023, 06:24:52 am »

*Shrugs*
 [..]
(Reply too long and meta, PMing instead.)

(edit: But, in short, probably not possible in any current way. Could technically be allowed to work, otherwise, but probably won't be.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 06:33:43 am by Starver »

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 01, 2023, 07:02:07 am »

Liberty of Russia and VRC are raiding Belgorod again, now with serious artillery support.

Russia already claimed they repealed the attackers and kill gazillion of them.

Meanwhile here a video from last raid, apparently they managed to stay there for three days:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/13sdg5t/legion_freedom_of_russia_showed_footage_of/

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 01, 2023, 09:17:11 am »

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1664226712824041473

(Video of Kadyrov's guy criticizing Prigozhin)

*Grabs popcorn*

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 01, 2023, 03:17:20 pm »

Inb4 article 5
Obviously just for saying it, nah. But if they actually do attack and kill a British official? I guess it depends if that happens on NATO soil or not.
Britain never did anything when Russia's FSB killed someone with poison on British soil.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 01, 2023, 03:52:46 pm »

Inb4 article 5
Britain never did anything when Russia's FSB killed someone with poison on British soil.

That’s not true. The biggest thing the UK and various other countries - including the US - did was expelling in total 153 diplomats suspected of being part of Russian intelligence spy networks, among other things like freezing accounts.

What were they supposed to do though? The person who died picked up a bottle of perfume from a bin that happened to be a potent nerve toxin, and the target was a Russian defector. Regardless of success in killing the target, the idea is to spread fear among other defectors, and more importantly, people thinking of defecting that they’re not safe anywhere. Nobody will start a war - never mind a war with a nuclear power! - over that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 01, 2023, 03:59:30 pm »

There's also a pretty significant difference between "a black op accidentally hits a random civilian in time of peace" and "deliberate strike on the political leadership as part of an active shooting war" as far as responses go.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 159