Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)  (Read 1796 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2023, 02:39:20 am »

"Holy shit will you look at the size of that thing!"
Open fire on that big ass bug while moving towards some form of cover.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2023, 03:17:34 am »

Ok, this is too much for Caelia. Starts screaming and ducks into the moss, hands folded behind her head in a reflex. 

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2023, 03:22:51 am »

Muttering something about Isekai Bobbert crawls deeper (well as “deeper” as a dangerously fat man can get) under the woods
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2023, 09:53:53 am »

Run.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2023, 03:25:19 pm »

Run.
You take off at a sprint with no heed for where other than "Not where the giant bug-thing is". If you had the mental overhead for thinking, you'd probably think how this is the fastest you've run in your whole life, but right now all you care about is getting the fuck away from here at full pelt.

You manage to get a couple hundred meters away before falling into a... ditch? No, looking at it it's more of a trench, that you didn't notice due to the moss growing over it.
Muttering something about Isekai Bobbert crawls deeper (well as “deeper” as a dangerously fat man can get) under the woods
Right, you're in an anime now. Of course you are. It's the only logical explanation. Now that you've determined that you can work on the next step: Living long enough to get to your inevitable power-up scene. You start wedging yourself further next to the log before spotting a hole in it, just large enough for you to squeeze into. You commando-crawl as best as you can towards it and hide in there. As best as you can tell the whole thing's hollow and just wide enough to comfortable accommodate you.

Ok, this is too much for Caelia. Starts screaming and ducks into the moss, hands folded behind her head in a reflex. 
You dive to the floor. The moss swallows you, providing quite a bit of concealment while you scream. The scream is almost entirely muffled, as best as you can tell the moss is absorbing the sound.
"Holy shit will you look at the size of that thing!"
Open fire on that big ass bug while moving towards some form of cover.
You train your sights on the giant bug-thing and start making a sideways jog towards the nearest cover you can. The bug still hasn't spotted you right until the first shot rings out. The bullet smacks into it and sends a spray of blood, a small amount compared to the thing but you have its attention.

For the first time it makes a noise. A deep hissing noise comes out of it and it stops running, stares in your direction as if determining whether you're worth the effort, then comes directly at you. You fire more shots, but the overall effect is minimal beyond possibly upsetting it more. You eventually come to the cover...

And see a pair of eyes peering out at you from inside the trunk, and someone muttering some words that sound like Japanese.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:37:25 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2023, 02:25:36 am »

"Oh fuck!"
Get away from whatever's in the log and don't bother shooting anymore and just keep running trying to find some different cover.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2023, 02:34:21 am »

First instinct is to follow the little girl, but I probably lost sight of her.

Run after the guy with the gun, then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2023, 03:49:04 am »

Check both directions of the trench for incoming, mindful of the fact that sound doesn't work right here so I should pay all the more attention to my eyes. If I can't see that far ahead, then climb out.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2023, 08:57:08 am »

yah, from the sounds of things I don't want to be out THERE where there's REAL sunlight and strange green things.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2023, 07:07:57 pm »

"Oh fuck!"
Get away from whatever's in the log and don't bother shooting anymore and just keep running trying to find some different cover.
Your bullets doing nothing, and facing what might be some bizarre creature, you decide that simply sprinting is the best course of action. The giant bug, however, is faster than you and it doesn't take long for it to get on top of you. The next few moments are fragmentary - An instant in the air, the next on the ground being savaged by the thing, searing but distant pain in your arm and belly, then the black of unconsciousness.

First instinct is to follow the little girl, but I probably lost sight of her.

Run after the guy with the gun, then.
You get up and sprint for the man with the gun, figuring they're the best bet despite the giant bug chasing them. You manage to actually catch up a bit, but in your panic you lost track of the thing chasing him. You notice it because it runs straight over your head and, instinctively, you throw yourself back to the ground. There's a rush of air and by the time you're back on your feet it's in the middle of savaging the security guard. Within moments it's torn a chunk out of his arm and made what looks like a massive gash in his belly. After he finally falls limp it stops attacking, contemplates him for a moment, then continues running on its previous trajectory.

Check both directions of the trench for incoming, mindful of the fact that sound doesn't work right here so I should pay all the more attention to my eyes. If I can't see that far ahead, then climb out.
You look up and down the trench. The moss and mist together block out most of the light, but there's enough to see by and as far as you can tell it's made of bare dirt and perfectly straight. There's not the slightest deviation in it despite it not looking freshly dug. Not even a single stone out of place. In fact, looking at it, the few stones mixed in the soil have been cleanly sliced through to make the trench.

Doesn't look like there's anything else in the trench though.

yah, from the sounds of things I don't want to be out THERE where there's REAL sunlight and strange green things.
The security man dives into view while you're complaining about the state of affairs (The state of affairs would be summed up as "shit") in the superior language. He spots you, goes wide-eyed (As anyone would seeing someone with your potential) and sprints off, followed by a deep hissing noise and large shadow moments later. You retreat further into the log.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2023, 02:09:40 am »

Regain consciousness and try not to die.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2023, 02:33:49 am »

Do a best effort at first aid to keep Henry the wounded man alive, tearing apart some clothing with my scalpel to use as improvised bandage if there is any chance it would help.

edit: damn, I actually have no idea his name is Henry.  :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:04:44 am by Quarque »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2023, 12:33:53 pm »

Stay still and rest here.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2023, 05:32:03 pm »

Sorry for the lack of an update, my brain's going all wonky since I'm basically having Sertraline withdrawal right now. I'll update when I can.

Also crazyabe, you need to let me know what your character's doing.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2023, 06:35:16 pm »

Yep, I'm getting far too comfortable hiding here.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3