Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)  (Read 1787 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2023, 12:25:05 pm »

Regain consciousness and try not to die.
You wake up in your bed, looks like the whole thing was a dream. You get up and start your usual morning routine, before finding yourself in your car. You don't remember what happened between but it doesn't concern you. Again time skips and you're at work, you don't recognise the place but you know it's work, and someone tells you while you're guarding the place that there's a fire and you need to leave. You start running off as fast as you can but find yourself surrounded by it. You try to get out-

And for a moment you're back. Everything's fuzzy and there's what appears to be a nurse standing over you. You try to move but your limbs feel like they're made of solid lead. You slip back unconscious after a few moments.

Do a best effort at first aid to keep Henry the wounded man alive, tearing apart some clothing with my scalpel to use as improvised bandage if there is any chance it would help.

edit: damn, I actually have no idea his name is Henry.  :P
After the thing's run off, you head over to maybe-Henry. Up close you get a better look at his wounds - A large flap of skin and muscle has been torn from his arm and the abdomen wound, though large, isn't deep enough to have perforated any organs. A large lump is present on his head, at a guess that's what made him fall unconscious.

You set to work, removing your labcoat and alternately tearing and cutting it into improvised bandages. They're unclean, they're poor, and they're utterly unsuited to the job, but the alternative is letting him bleed to death. You bind him up as best you can while moving him as little as possible. He's still bleeding, but it's been reduced to the point he might live long enough for the wounds to clot.

Stay still and rest here.
Your heart pounding, you stop and rest in the trench. You heard what might have been some very muted gunshots but nothing else. At a best guess, the danger's passed but you're still feeling exhausted from the manic sprint.

Yep, I'm getting far too comfortable hiding here.
Getting into the tree was a good, tactical (And definitely not cowardly) decision. However, tactically speaking, you can't sit here forever. You take a quick look outside of the log. The nurse? Lab technician? Potential nerd-wiafu? Is bent over a form on the ground and moving about, the other waifu isn't anywhere to be found, the man is presumably the form on the floor (Wouldn't have happened to you, especially if you had your katana), and the giant bug is nowhere to be found.

In the half-light inside the branch, you notice that your Limited Edition Her Princess Adventurer Body Pillow caught on a shard of wood and has a hole in it! NOOOOOOOOOOO!
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2023, 01:11:16 pm »

Put the scalpel in my pocket, take a deep breath and look around me for signs of the others. Or bus-sized monstrosities.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2023, 06:53:57 pm »

"Shit. I need a drink."

Catch my breath, but stay alert.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2023, 07:02:14 am »

Dream healing dreams and think healing thoughts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]