Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)  (Read 1802 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)
« on: January 26, 2023, 06:07:36 am »

(Forgive the rather generic name, my name creativity's hardly great)

You don't know where you are. You're really stumped as to how you got here in the first place. You were going about your day and suddenly there was a weird lurching feeling and like a cut in a film everything around you changed. You suddenly found yourself out in the wilderness, or at least a wilderness. You don't recall David Attenborough narrating about trees that are wider than a house and so tall that that you can't see their tops through light mist. You certainly don't recall him talking about what look like mutant stinkbugs, if stinkbugs were the size of a full grown man, living on them. Either you've been living in ignorance or you've found yourself somewhere... else. At least the bug-things don't seem remotely interested in you.

Or maybe the lurching sensation was moments before you blacked out and smacked your head on the ground, and everything here is you dreaming while you drool on the ground unconscious. Although for some reason that doesn't feel right. You're pretty sure you're here, wherever here is. You take your eyes away from the sheer enormity of everything around you and notice that you're not alone. There are three other people with you looking equally as dazed.

A four person game. Things are simple, do what you want in the situation and I'll narrate what happens. I'm not going to run with any hard-and-fast rules, if there's something you're unsure about just yell at me (Or colour your question green, your choice) and I'll give you my ruling on it.

To start with, a simple background on your character: Name, age, quick description, what things they have on them, and any random stuff you want to add that's appropriate. You've all been yoinked out of the present day (Although where from is your choice) so keep that in mind.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Wilderness (Four person RPG)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 05:51:18 am »

You don't need a fancy name for a game if you've got a good idea.

Name: Henry Goldstine
Description: A rather generic looking man with a mustache, wearing a security uniform.
Inventory:
 Security Uniform
 Tac Vest
 Holster
 M16A2
 4 M16 Mags
 Flashlight
 Radio
 Beretta M9
 3 M9 Mags
 Cellphone
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 03:23:42 am »

Name: Caelia
Description: a handsome female nurse. Dark skin, long black hair.
Inventory:
Needle with tranquilizer
Scalpel
Labcoat (worn)
Face mask (worn)
Skirt, jeans, bra, string, socks and shoes (worn)
Small red notebook
pencil
Cell phone

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 01:45:20 am »

Just gonna bump this so people see it and we get the last two players needed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 02:07:52 am »

Name: Sophia
Description: Small and malnourished, though decently strong in spite of it. Brown hair.
Inventory: Worn t-shirt and skirt, 3 loose nails, can of beer, bag of chips

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 05:48:21 am »

Secondary more reasonable character maybe afterwards.  Considering a soldier/survivalist from some weird small nation who does not speak or understand English.  Just go with someone else if you don't want Weathervane, I'm not able to come up with any other concepts I really like.  Someone else would enjoy the game more.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 06:18:51 am »

Name: Bobbert Johnsmith but he goes by "Haruto Hiroshi", no he can't spell that.
Description: 'Fat', on the verge of being 'obese', has long greasy black hair and a beard that's gone a few too many years unshaved, Currently wearing a barely safe-for-work Anime(?) T-shirt, and a pair of shorts that would look cartoonishly oversized on anyone else. smells like he died already.
Inventory:
 (1) Empty wallet
 (1) Anime Body pillow
 (1) Box of Dr Dewtm brand Soda
     (11) cans of Dr Dewtm brand Soda
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 04:10:19 am »

Hey Great Order we've got five people now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 04:25:11 am »

Or four people and a cat.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 05:56:32 pm »

Whoa, sorry. Hadn't realised, I thought that it had died with only two so I didn't check. I don't use the little "X thread had activity" thingy so I wasn't aware until I thought to check on it now.

And yeah, little sentient cat's not what I had in mind, sorry.

You find that you're all utterly unrelated to one another. An armed security guard, a nurse, a wiry teen and a neckbeard.

Looking around again you start to notice more things that are unusual about the place you're in. There's no grass, instead you're halfway up your calves in what looks like some sort of wiry moss, the ground is weirdly flat aside from the occasional tree-sized fallen branch, and it's silent. Not quiet, but aside from the noises you and the others are making, nothing is making noise. No wind, no birdsong, not even the stinkbug-things.

Something rises from the back of your mind. It can't say anything but it doesn't need to. You feel adrenaline steadily trickling into your system as your brain warns you something predatory is nearby.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 10:13:38 pm »

Bobbert stumbles away, trying to hide by one of the twigs.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 10:26:22 pm »

Let me guess, it's the fat guy? Grab something to defend myself with if one of these creeps attacks me.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2023, 02:46:17 am »

"Oh god what the hell is happening?"
Have my M16A2 at the ready and look around for whatever the hostile thing is.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 02:58:23 am »

roll over from shock, then dust my self off and look around in flabbergastedness

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2023, 07:58:38 am »

Bobbert stumbles away, trying to hide by one of the twigs.
Still reeling from finding yourself in a natural environment, even one as weird as this, you go towards the nearest twig you can find. You find a suitable one rather quickly and half-dive-half-stumble into the shelter it provides.

Let me guess, it's the fat guy? Grab something to defend myself with if one of these creeps attacks me.
Concerned with your own survival, especially from other people, you look for a weapon. Obviously the security guard's a good bet, except he'd probably shoot you before you got close. A quick search pulls up what looks like a giant pine needle about the length of your arm. It's unwieldy, but it comes to a sharp point.
roll over from shock, then dust my self off and look around in flabbergastedness
Oh God, why does this sort of thing always happen to *you*? Years of dealing with various patients, unstable or not, has given you the capacity to utterly ignore your brain screaming "danger" at you, and you get up and start picking bits of moss off of yourself.

"Oh god what the hell is happening?"
Have my M16A2 at the ready and look around for whatever the hostile thing is.
You get your bearings quickly. You're not at the building you're guarding and your brain tells you something nasty is about to happen. You ignore the first bit in favour of the second and pull up your weapon, flicking off the safety and scanning the horizon.

You're the first one to notice it. What looks like some sort of giant four-legged insect is running in your general direction, although it doesn't seem to have spotted you specifically. Its mandibles look large and strong enough to shear you in half, its legs have ridges of spines running down them, and it has some comparatively small wings folded against its thorax. The thing's about the size of a double-decker bus.

More worryingly, despite its size and speed it's moving in utter silence.
Pages: [1] 2 3