Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Cure  (Read 11795 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cure
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2022, 09:56:40 pm »

((I'd just like to say: The art is gorgeous!))

Explore the dungeon. Carefully.

Also, check the torches. Can they be removed from the sconces?

Not sure if it's a good idea to take one with us right now, or maybe later (before a fight/leaving the dungeon). The torch would sure come useful, but it'll also announce our presence as a moving light source, and we're trying to sneak now. Ideas?
+1

Is it weird that the thing that impresses me most is all those bricks, perfectly in perspective? That kind of thing is so tedious to do :-X

Not sure if it's a good idea to take one with us right now, or maybe later (before a fight/leaving the dungeon). The torch would sure come useful, but it'll also announce our presence as a moving light source, and we're trying to sneak now. Ideas?

Check the torches, but don't take one right now. It'll be good to know either way.
Also, +1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2022, 02:54:59 am »

Move quietly. Check all the other cells before moving on. Don't go in or delay much, just scan them.

+1

Is it weird that the thing that impresses me most is all those bricks, perfectly in perspective? That kind of thing is so tedious to do :-X

Check the torches, but don't take one right now. It'll be good to know either way.
Also, +1
+1 All the things!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2022, 03:46:34 am »

+1 to the other things, also, put the creature on our head to free up our arm that's holding it.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2022, 12:01:37 pm »

+1 to the other things, also, put the creature on our head to free up our arm that's holding it.

-1 to putting it on our head.  It might fall off there.  We should empty one of our pockets into the other one and then put the creature into the pocket that we just emptied.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2022, 12:10:56 pm »

-1 to putting it on our head.  It might fall off there.  We should empty one of our pockets into the other one and then put the creature into the pocket that we just emptied.

-1 to emptying pockets. They are strategically unknown right now, it's best to keep them that way until they are needed again. Unless that one where we keep a lockpick, but then the cute critter might find sharing the pocket uncomfortable.

Maybe the pet could perch on our shoulder? Though short and stubby, those legs are probably sufficiently [GRASP].
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2022, 02:09:40 am »

A shoulder for the critter sounds like a good place for it +1.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2022, 05:10:39 pm »

Thank you! It did take a lot of time and it was frustrating, but I'm trying to manage it. I'm glad someone noticed how tedious it is ^^;

Thank you everyone for your compliments, if you have any criticisms please let me know.

sincerely,

ih oh

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2022, 05:20:59 pm »

I'm calling to complain about how cute that 'thank you' image is. :v

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2022, 07:26:49 pm »

PTW, and to hop on the "that art is really cool train." I like the style and the lighting is great atmosphere

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2022, 07:54:40 pm »

Thank you everyone for your compliments, if you have any criticisms please let me know.

you update too frequently, it makes other comic makers look bad.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2022, 02:26:59 am »

Thank you! It did take a lot of time and it was frustrating, but I'm trying to manage it. I'm glad someone noticed how tedious it is ^^;

Your art looks amazing!  Have you considered using screentones to speed up shading your work?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2022, 03:20:56 am »

The art here is top quality.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2022, 08:40:57 am »

Your art looks amazing!  Have you considered using screentones to speed up shading your work?

Thank you! I actually did, but I decided against it. Because in a way, the drawings I make for Cure are studies for my university exam (environments, people in environments, perspective, hatching, etc.). And in my university exam I won't have any tools to use, so I try to limit myself to drawing just by hand.
sincerely,

ih oh

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2022, 11:49:58 am »

Thank you! I actually did, but I decided against it. Because in a way, the drawings I make for Cure are studies for my university exam (environments, people in environments, perspective, hatching, etc.). And in my university exam I won't have any tools to use, so I try to limit myself to drawing just by hand.

Ohh, that's smart!

For what it's worth, your art (especially that corridor! very fancy!) strongly reminded me of an acclaimed and commercially sold web graphical novel, so you are definitely slowly shaping up for the professional league, IMHO. Hope our silly suggestions will eventually help you pass those exams with flying colours!  :D
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2022, 12:17:07 pm »

-1 to emptying pockets. They are strategically unknown right now, it's best to keep them that way until they are needed again. Unless that one where we keep a lockpick, but then the cute critter might find sharing the pocket uncomfortable.

Maybe the pet could perch on our shoulder? Though short and stubby, those legs are probably sufficiently [GRASP].

You try putting the strange little creature on your head first, and are a little surprised when it nestles into your fluffy hair almost immediately.  It's quite light, and you can heaer it give a tiny little sigh as it lays down, which is really just too cute.  So you decide to leave it there for now, it's happy and isn't being a problem.

You step out of your cell warily, being careful to be as quiet as you can be.  Your ears stay alert for any kind of sound.  You don't want to be found and thrown back into your cell, this time without a lockpick.  Or worse.

The torches... seem to be removable.  They're just held there by a little metal loop.  You can just lift them out.  They also look pretty sturdy, you're sure you could give someone a painful whack with one if needed.  Though it'd be better to just not need to fight at all...

Move quietly. Check all the other cells before moving on. Don't go in or delay much, just scan them.

Right.  The cells on the opposite side of the hallway seem to be empty.  There's a few more further past your cell, in the direction the monster went, but you're not exactly eager to go that way.  In the other direction...

...The cell next to yours does have someone inside.  A child, clutching a teddy bear anxiously.  She trembles, looking at you--with two heads.  You blink a few times, wondering if you're seeing things.  The first head looks towards the other nervously, and is met with a small, visibly forced smile.  Then both return their gazes to you, the girl's arms clutching her stuffed bear a little tighter.  Before you can think of what to say, the shy one begins to speak.

"Uhm..." she starts, before immediately trailing off quietly.  The other head continues for her.  "...Hello?  Can you help us?  We didn't do anything wrong."
sincerely,

ih oh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13