Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Mercenary Shootout Mafia - Game Over - Healing Kinda Busted  (Read 15860 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (5 / 7) - Phase 3 - Bloody Pyre
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2023, 03:15:34 pm »

@Knightwing:  Then the only possibility here is that Jim was shot twice by a1s and Jack.  I wasn't shot by a1s.

You gave in way too fast here. Town Web wouldn’t have given in that fast. I suspect you were trying to buddy me
Well, there were other areas that I didn't do enough.  This one was less thorough, but it was an attempt for me to remain neutral on assuming it was you, and giving you the benefit of the doubt.  I'd likely have been more adamant it was EuchreJack, but the problem was that he was focused elsewhere.  I felt like drawing his attention would've ended with me being shot, and also, part of it was to get TricMagic on my side as well.  TricMagic shooting me would've been really bad, so I had to setup some plausibility elsewhere.  Really, I should've been telling TricMagic what to do, but that's... difficult.

Also, I had a lot less time this week, so I wasn't able to post as much.  I don't think I played exceptionally well, so it's not entirely unfair.

As a note, you could have sent in potential plans to shoot in advance and changed them as needed.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (3 / 7) - Phase 6 - The Few, The Fallen Many
« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2023, 06:16:56 pm »

Alright, I'm going to avoid prolonging this game any further than it needs to be. For these last moments, I'll resolve the Phase as soon as I receive all actions, with flavorless rapid-PMs.

Actually, scratch that. I've calculated things out, and either Loyalists win or it's a draw. The game has some good seeds, but the ruleset needs some heavy refinement - some new options added, various ones adjusted, probably phases extended to 48 hours...

Might run this or something like this again in the future, though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2023, 06:35:20 pm »

I am rather annoyed at you Fal. Also, who was the one who saved a1s from my shotgun?

Granted, you being mafia also means there wasn't a point to marking them instead. Fal, take note on that bit, vengeance should ignore cover. :P

Knightwing, you need to step up your game. We'd have beaten them in spite of you, not because of you. You showed every indication of being a1s's partner to me. No alibi adds up to you looking like a traitor. Especially since I got killed in one round. That only has a small number of potential outcomes, you'd need someone who didn't have a confirmed action to do that. Web could have won if he stayed silent cause of that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2023, 06:47:20 pm »

I enjoyed the game, but

friend, please, give me fucking break from the game. 24 hour phases with no break between to reflect and contemplate and not actively play the game is very demanding.

either Loyalists win or it's a draw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJHbQEbP79w

I don't see how a traitor win isn't at least possible unless Knightwing64 has more health than I think he does.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2023, 06:48:19 pm »

Depends on if Medic or not, I think?

Or webs been trolling.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2023, 06:52:23 pm »

Tric, I hope you at least regretted marking me a little.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 21, 2023, 06:56:12 pm »

Depends on if Medic or not, I think?

Or webs been trolling.
Trolling?  No.  Lying?  Sure.  I don't have Evasive.  I've just been claiming I do.

I don't see how a traitor win isn't at least possible unless Knightwing64 has more health than I think he does.
Hey man, I have no idea either, but it's entirely possible that Knightwing has a bunch of shit that no one knows about.  I claimed because the game was dragging, and there was a LOT of elements that made for bad strategy.  If Knightwing also had Evasive, then this game was literally rigged against Traitors for no fucking reason.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 21, 2023, 07:00:07 pm »

Web could have won if he stayed silent cause of that.
Meh.  That's not a win worth having.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2023, 07:03:37 pm »

Tric, I hope you at least regretted marking me a little.
Honestly no. It revealed a1s hard on my end of things. I was sorta expecting to either live and murder them, or die and murder them. As is it at least gave me an ally in Jack, for how long that lasted. (Who was the one who suggested I shot Jack? Web would have cottoned on to mafia-jack, and since he didn't, it ended up being normal web fallacies.)

If that doesn't make any sense, now you see how hard it is to direct me yeah? I never shoot jack in that instance I died, they'd effectively tied themselves to me when we killed you, with no signs of mafiadom..

Web could have won if he stayed silent cause of that.
Meh.  That's not a win worth having.
Fair. Just trying to drive it home for knightwing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2023, 07:06:15 pm »

As was expressed in Discord, weighted randomness is a much better idea for this sort of role generation than true randomness.

For example, nearly every town player received two secondary/passive abilities instead of one or none, which was a bit much. Would have been better if the scum had more of a chance to receive larger roles than the town did.

Which was nearly balanced out by town shooting themselves in the foot at nearly every occasion.

Quote from: Loyalist Roles
<Knightwing64>
(Primary) Assault Rifle: You shoot two targets for 1 damage each, or shoot one target for 2 damage.
(1-Shot, Secondary) Deployable Barricade: Your target and yourself gain Hard Cover for this phase. Hard Cover reduces all damage instances taken to 0. You and your target can still take damage from each other.

<EuchreJack>
(Primary) Long Rifle: You shoot your target for 2 damage. A Marked target takes an additional 2 damage.
(Secondary) Semi-Auto Pistol: You shoot your target for 1 damage.
(Passive) Evasive: You always have Soft Cover. Soft Cover reduces all damage instances taken by 1.

<TricMagic>
(Primary) Double Barrel Shotgun: You shoot your target for 3 damage.
(Secondary) Signal Flare: Your target is Marked for this phase. A Marked target does not benefit from Cover.
(Passive) Vengeful: You may use either a Primary or a Secondary ability the phase after your death.

<Maximum Spin>
(Primary) Sniper Rifle: You aim at your target and do 0 damage if you did not aim in the previous phase. If you aimed at your target in the previous phase, you shoot your target for 3 damage. A Marked target takes an additional 3 damage.
(Secondary) Semi-Auto Pistol: You shoot your target for 1 damage.
(Passive) Marksman: You do 1 additional damage with Rifle weapons, and your starting Primary weapon is a Rifle.

<Jim Groovester>
(2-Shot, Primary) Flechette Cannon: You shoot your target for 4 damage, bypassing Cover.
(Secondary) Medical Kit: You heal your target for 2 HP and remove Bleed from them.
(Passive) Medic: You may target yourself with a Medical Kit, and if a player other than yourself would drop to 0 or less HP when you use Medical Kit on them, you stabilize them at 1 HP. You gain a Medical Kit if you did not already have one.
Quote from: Traitor Roles
<webadict>
(Primary) Long Rifle: You shoot your target for 2 damage. A Marked target takes an additional 2 damage.
(Passive) Vengeful: You may use either a Primary or a Secondary ability the phase after your death.
<>(1-Shot, Primary) Flamethrower: You incinerate your target for 5 damage. It is publicly revealed that your target was incinerated.

<a1s>
(Primary) Machine Gun: You shoot two targets for 2 damage each.
<>(Secondary) Suppressed Pistol: You shoot your target for 2 damage.

I'll need to make some serious adjustments before the next iteration of this game, but it's not unsalvageable. The format has a lot of potential, as I think y'all have seen.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 21, 2023, 07:09:39 pm »

Literally everyone had a better role than I did.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2023, 07:10:18 pm »

Web would have cottoned on to mafia-jack, and since he didn't, it ended up being normal web fallacies.
Especially the part where he changed his mind on Jack toward the end there. Only scum web does that! I already figured it was him by that point, but still.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2023, 07:11:20 pm »

TellmehowmuchHPweallhadinthefinalstandoff

I had 4
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 07:12:57 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2023, 07:14:39 pm »

TellmehowmuchHPweallhadinthefinalstandoff

I had 4
Then it was a tie.

I killed you the Phase after.  Then Knightwing and I killed each other.

Wow, this game really was rigged.

Why do I always get screwed by my role?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2023, 07:16:18 pm »

Literally everyone had a better role than I did.
I think we have learned that 100% random role generation is shit.

I'd argue you had a better role than Knightwing, if that helps?

Spoiler: Hit Points (click to show/hide)

So essentially, Knightwing shoots web, then web has to choose to shoot either Knightwing or Jim and Jim has to choose to heal either himself or Knightwing. This results in a messy tangle of WIFOM.

Since Jim has the Medic perk for saving someone who would otherwise die, Knightwing survived the previous Phase's barrage of attacks with 1 HP remaining.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22