Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 18990 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #225 on: December 24, 2022, 05:22:04 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> TricMagic   --2-- Jim Groovester*, Knightwing64*,
Deus Asmoth    --1-- Maximum Spin*,
Jim Groovester --1-- webadict*,
webadict       --1-- TricMagic*,
Knightwing64   --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
-> No One      --2-- Deus Asmoth*, ToonyMan*,

Not Voting     --0--

4 to Hammer. Day ends on December 24, 2022 at 18:30 Central Standard Time (2 hours and 7 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #226 on: December 24, 2022, 05:23:09 pm »

Dues Asmoth

Times ticking down.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 24, 2022, 05:24:07 pm »

Webadict
Follow up for Webadict

I have literally public acknowledged ignoring entire players as Town, I don't see this as a viable method of attack on Max.

Have you publicly acknowledged your intent to ignore players you've never played with before while asking other players (who you claim to think are scum) what you should think of them?

Not because he's doing that, but because you're egging him on for no reason, and he's actively trying to de-escalate.
Explain to me how this isn't you just making shit up? The first thing I've said that I would consider even coming close to egging him on is saying he's bad at the game for using his meta of doing something I would consider bad play as a defence for when I said that his behaviour was scummy. I can't see a single instance of him attempting to de-escalate either, mainly since he was the only one escalating to begin with.
Further follow up for Webadict

Joining a bandwagon isn't inherently scummy.  In fact, it's one of the only ways to actually win as a Town player.  But, that's not really what Maximum Spin is doing.  If anything, I'm the one that's bandwagoning, and that's really loosely using the term.  Voting people for no reason is scummy, yes, but it's (1) Day 1, so there's a lot of leeway on what's acceptable, (2) NOT joining a bandwagon for no reason at all, and (3) expressing an idea for something that you explicitly believe is the correct decision.  Are you saying that joining what you think is the right decision is wrong?  No, of course you're not.  So, you must instead point out that the motivations behind that decision are wrong.  His actions don't look like they have ill intent, so I don't think this is a viable method to attack Max.

I can only assume you're intentionally misrepresenting what happened here, and I'm not sure why you're doing that. Max has explicitly claimed he was lying about wanting to No-lynch, so either he was lying then or he's lying now. Either way, it's not possible for you to honestly argue that he was joining a movement that he believed was correct.

If you're accepting the claim that him joining to idea of a No-lynch was somehow a bait for Jim then I'd really like it if you'd explain how that makes an iota of sense.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 24, 2022, 05:25:22 pm »

Tric:
Dues Asmoth

Times ticking down.

I'm genuinely at a loss about what you want from me here, or if you even want anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 24, 2022, 05:32:51 pm »

Tric:
Dues Asmoth

Times ticking down.

I'm genuinely at a loss about what you want from me here, or if you even want anything.
Mostly for a decision to be made one way or the other. Even if you lynch me, it's better than running down the clock. Or not lynching anyone in the first place, who voted says a lot about the mafia. And why.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 24, 2022, 05:42:22 pm »

PFP

I'm not voting Tric but I'll vote someone to prevent a tie if I have to.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 24, 2022, 05:42:56 pm »

Oh, those?  I ignored them because they seemed to be provoking you to anger, and they were rather pointed questions that didn't appear to be performing the task you would've intended them to do.

If you want a real answer to them, then I'll ask that you stop attacking literally everyone that questions you because all you're doing is stealing everyone's attention and accomplishing nothing.  I should know.  I do it a lot.

Have you publicly acknowledged your intent to ignore players you've never played with before while asking other players (who you claim to think are scum) what you should think of them?
Yes.  Hydra Mafia on the MU forums with Vector and 4maskwolf.  There were several groups I was unfamiliar with that I had to take several people's opinions on, and thus ignorring them completely was the optimal strategy.

Not because he's doing that, but because you're egging him on for no reason, and he's actively trying to de-escalate.
Explain to me how this isn't you just making shit up? The first thing I've said that I would consider even coming close to egging him on is saying he's bad at the game for using his meta of doing something I would consider bad play as a defence for when I said that his behaviour was scummy. I can't see a single instance of him attempting to de-escalate either, mainly since he was the only one escalating to begin with.
He's doing a terrible job at de-escalating, but you're doing a much worse job at de-escalating.  But, that doesn't mean he's not trying to de-escalate.

Joining a bandwagon isn't inherently scummy.  In fact, it's one of the only ways to actually win as a Town player.  But, that's not really what Maximum Spin is doing.  If anything, I'm the one that's bandwagoning, and that's really loosely using the term.  Voting people for no reason is scummy, yes, but it's (1) Day 1, so there's a lot of leeway on what's acceptable, (2) NOT joining a bandwagon for no reason at all, and (3) expressing an idea for something that you explicitly believe is the correct decision.  Are you saying that joining what you think is the right decision is wrong?  No, of course you're not.  So, you must instead point out that the motivations behind that decision are wrong.  His actions don't look like they have ill intent, so I don't think this is a viable method to attack Max.
I can only assume you're intentionally misrepresenting what happened here, and I'm not sure why you're doing that. Max has explicitly claimed he was lying about wanting to No-lynch, so either he was lying then or he's lying now. Either way, it's not possible for you to honestly argue that he was joining a movement that he believed was correct.

If you're accepting the claim that him joining to idea of a No-lynch was somehow a bait for Jim then I'd really like it if you'd explain how that makes an iota of sense.
Cool.  I don't care if he was lying about wanting a No Elim.  Wanting a No Elim doesn't make him scum.  Not wanting a No Elim doesn't making him scum.  Lying about either of them doesn't make him scum.  The only thing that makes someone scum is that their reasons for doing any of these try to make a Town win less likely.

My argument was instead that you can't argue against people joining you on your bandwagon unless you don't believe in it, and if you don't believe in it, you're basically guilty of the exact thing you're arguing he's guilty of.  Projection is much worse in my eyes.  Also, I'm the one that said Jim because I quickly read the context and misinterpreted it because I really didn't think the core of your argument was worth looking into, and now that you've made me delve deeper into it, I'm more likely to side with Maximum Spin, so it must've been a bad argument.

I'm not scum, and I'm not here to vote you out wantonly.  If I wanted that, I'd just push for your elimination.  Or disappear.  I don't have to be here, arguing with you.  Maximum Spin doesn't have to be here, arguing with you.  You don't have to be here, arguing with us.  But, I'm trying to find scum.  I think you are less likely to be scum than Jim Groovester, but not by a whole lot right now.  If you think I'm scum, then that doesn't matter to you.  But, look at everyone turning on you and reconsider that maybe I'm actually Town and maybe I actually do want to win.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 24, 2022, 05:44:06 pm »

PFP

I'm not voting Tric but I'll vote someone to prevent a tie if I have to.
I don't really care if there is a tie, frankly, but I'll do my best to avoid one for the most part.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 24, 2022, 05:47:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure we should not tie, although tying an actual mafia member with No Lynch and forcing the scum to pick would be kind of funny.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 24, 2022, 05:49:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure we should not tie, although tying an actual mafia member with No Lynch and forcing the scum to pick would be kind of funny.
That would be funny.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 24, 2022, 05:51:03 pm »

Or tying two Mafia members.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 24, 2022, 05:52:47 pm »

Tric
Tric:
Dues Asmoth

Times ticking down.

Mostly for a decision to be made one way or the other. Even if you lynch me, it's better than running down the clock. Or not lynching anyone in the first place, who voted says a lot about the mafia. And why.
... What?

Webadict the only thing that's annoying me here is you insistence on misrepresenting everything I do. How am I attacking 'everyone who questions me' when even among the people you're pretending that I've attacked, you're the only one who actually asked me anything? How is asking you to explain your overt lies unreasonable of me?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 24, 2022, 05:55:02 pm »

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.

Everyone Do not end the day on a tie.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 24, 2022, 05:56:42 pm »

Sorry for not being able to post much, but Deus just seems like a particularly zealous town member.

Why are we voting them, exactly? 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 24, 2022, 05:59:40 pm »

Webadict the only thing that's annoying me here is you insistence on misrepresenting everything I do. How am I attacking 'everyone who questions me' when even among the people you're pretending that I've attacked, you're the only one who actually asked me anything? How is asking you to explain your overt lies unreasonable of me?
Because you're calling them overt lies.  It's entirely reasonable for me to misunderstand things.  It's entirely reasonable for me to misspeak.  I don't think I'm overtly lying in this case, so I'll need a better idea of what you think I'm lying about here.

I'm trying to get you to refocus your attention, here, because it's going in the wrong direction.  Would you like to work together to figure this out?  It's entirely possible to work together on this without being hostile.  Doesn't that sound better?  Or is that not a possibility for you?  I'm just here to look for Town players.

Sorry for not being able to post much, but Deus just seems like a particularly zealous town member.

Why are we voting them, exactly? 
Only Tric and Max are, though I know Max will likely switch to Jim if given a situation to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26