Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 19073 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2022, 12:24:53 pm »

@Max:
I don't see a miller in the previous game, where?
My role power doesn't really seem to be based on the player's actual role from that game
It seems to me like my role is more based on EuchreJack's interpretation of how the previous game worked. I assumed the other roles were also like that, so are you saying yours is exactly the power the player had?
That's maybe partially true?  My role says the MOD feels bad about my person dying first, so my unnamed person takes matters into their own hands to stop others from dying.

Mine doesn't say it's a 1-shot though.. shrugs.
... That's broken, yo!  Mine absolutely says 1-shot.  This is garbage!

Both of you support no-lynching
(I don't.)
No elimination is for cowards!

I can protect you Tonight, so there's no worries about you dying if that's what you're worried about.  I'll probably be protecting Max and you Tonight unless I come up with a target that's better, but there's not really much reason to think too hard about it.

I can't really tell on Deus, but maybe Max is right and it really is Jim + Toony.
There's no reason to say your protect targets.

Your words feel malicious in nature here.
The worst you can get from this is that I'm setting up a future where I can simply choose someone to kill that doesn't belong to Max or TricMagic.  If I'm trying to frame you and Jim, I'd have to kill Deus or Knightwing and my partner would be in Max or TricMagic.  I don't think you think any of those are my teammate, and it's also not a very good plan on my part.  There's worries that I might be roleblocked, but that only makes me look scummier if Tric or Max die, so that's a really bad plan on my part.  Quite silly.

There's two other interpretations here that are far more plausible:  I'm trying to bait the kill in the hopes that there is a Tracker or Watcher as well as remove myself from the equation as a suspect; Or, I'm trying to WIFOM the Mafia into killing Deus or Knightwing and removing someone that's hard to read or to last-second shift my protect to save him.

I guess it comes down to what you think is more likely for me to do as scum, but since that's a question that nobody really wants to think about, understanding the outcomes if I'm scum or Town is the better option.  I don't really see this move as a solid advancement of a scum strategy.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2022, 01:19:46 pm »

Maximum
Maximum Spin: You brought up the idea that Webadict was buddying with Toony before, but you're directly asking him to provide his read on me. Why are you asking someone who you already have said is doing scum behaviour to do your scum hunting for you?
That's a weird and somewhat shady interpretation.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking a player in a mafia game a question. It's actually kind of important. I wanted his read on you because it's useful information.
I have to give you the benefit of the doubt for not having played a game together that I can remember, but man.

Two part response here:
1: Can you explain what's weird about my interpretation rather than gesturing vaguely and acting offended?

2: I agree that there's nothing wrong with asking a question. I do think there's something wrong with asking Webadict to tell you what your read on me should be when Webadict is one of the players you've said you're leaning scum on and you have yet to actually ask me a question.

Bonus:

I like that plan because it gives mafia an incentive to kill Tric tonight.
I'm firmly open to this plan.

Why do I feel like the weird one here?
If it helps, I wasn't really open to the idea. I just wanted to encourage him.

Why should anyone believe you're telling the truth about this now?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2022, 01:43:36 pm »

Maximum
Maximum Spin: You brought up the idea that Webadict was buddying with Toony before, but you're directly asking him to provide his read on me. Why are you asking someone who you already have said is doing scum behaviour to do your scum hunting for you?
That's a weird and somewhat shady interpretation.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking a player in a mafia game a question. It's actually kind of important. I wanted his read on you because it's useful information.
I have to give you the benefit of the doubt for not having played a game together that I can remember, but man.

Two part response here:
1: Can you explain what's weird about my interpretation rather than gesturing vaguely and acting offended?
I thought I did? If I wasn't clear enough, it's weird that you think I'm asking him to do my scum hunting for you when I first, didn't even ask him in particular anything, but just offered him as a possibility after asking a general question, and second, only asked a normal and reasonable question.

I do think there's something wrong with asking Webadict to tell you what your read on me should be
See, there you're doing it again. What the hell makes you think that's what I'm doing? I just asked for opinions on you. That doesn't mean "tell me what my read on you should be", it just means I want to hear thoughts so I can make judgements based on them. You know, like... playing the game.

But anyway,
You know what? I agree with Jim on at least one thing: fuuuuuuuck this ancient meta.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2022, 01:45:14 pm »

Both of you support no-lynching
(I don't.)
Firmly open, supporting, whatever.

@Max:
My role power doesn't really seem to be based on the player's actual role from that game
It seems to me like my role is more based on EuchreJack's interpretation of how the previous game worked. I assumed the other roles were also like that, so are you saying yours is exactly the power the player had?
That's maybe partially true?  My role says the MOD feels bad about my person dying first, so my unnamed person takes matters into their own hands to stop others from dying.
This sounds legit to me.

There's two other interpretations here that are far more plausible:  I'm trying to bait the kill in the hopes that there is a Tracker or Watcher as well as remove myself from the equation as a suspect; Or, I'm trying to WIFOM the Mafia into killing Deus or Knightwing and removing someone that's hard to read or to last-second shift my protect to save him.
If they kill me there won't be any tracker/watcher results. O_O

Your attitude annoys me personally but I don't think I should be taking this game too seriously for my own health.

Since I don't know if I'll be available for deadline (I'm going to be away) I'm going to No Lynch and see what happens.

1. I want Tric to kill someone if the no lynch goes through, I think that's optimal. If he purposely doesn't kill then I will be very annoyed.
2. Web can protect whoever he wants. I don't think he believes me but I don't care.
3. I'm going to track (or maybe watch) someone.
4. Everyone else, do your thing I guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2022, 02:01:30 pm »

Two part response here:

2: I agree that there's nothing wrong with asking a question. I do think there's something wrong with asking Webadict to tell you what your read on me should be when Webadict is one of the players you've said you're leaning scum on and you have yet to actually ask me a question.
I'm on Max's side in this argument.  I don't think you're onto anything suspicious.

@Max:
This sounds legit to me.

If they kill me there won't be any tracker/watcher results. O_O

Your attitude annoys me personally but I don't think I should be taking this game too seriously for my own health.

Since I don't know if I'll be available for deadline (I'm going to be away) I'm going to No Lynch and see what happens.

1. I want Tric to kill someone if the no lynch goes through, I think that's optimal. If he purposely doesn't kill then I will be very annoyed.
2. Web can protect whoever he wants. I don't think he believes me but I don't care.
3. I'm going to track (or maybe watch) someone.
4. Everyone else, do your thing I guess.
Lol, see, that's all you gotta claim, man!  I'll Protect you, you track/watch me (or don't, ooooo, spooooooky~~!) and confirm who I double-protected.  Look at that, we're all in this together!  See how easy that is?

Psh, you think I'm not gonna believe you on something that's really easy to verify Tomorrow.

But, here's the problem I've got with you, Toony:  If you're Town, then I don't think Jim can possibly be Town unless Maximum Spin is pulling a fast one on us.  Like, it's probably not TricMagic, and I'll just call that one settled for now.  If you think it's not Knightwing, and I'm willing to totally accept that and call it good (... he probably is Town), then I think it's probably Jim + Deus.  Max seems to think Deus is suspicious but wasn't willing to go all in because I called it okay, but the truth was really that I wanted Deus to have a bit of freedom to try and build some cases, and also see who he interacted with.  Max kinda continued to stick with it (which is totally fair of him to do), but their interactions don't feel like a Max + Deus team.  I know you're against thinking Jim is scum, but I don't really see how it's possible for Jim to NOT be scum if you're Town unless you think Max + Deus is possible.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2022, 02:04:20 pm »

I just went through the votes and I'm pretty sure that right now, we're in a three-way tie.

I don't like that.

If nobody else changes soon I'm switching to Tric, I'll take Tric over No Lynch any day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2022, 02:06:10 pm »

Deus Asmoth for now, but I'm willing to shift.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2022, 02:08:27 pm »

Deus Asmoth for now, but I'm willing to shift.
... I want to follow but it would just reconstruct the tie.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2022, 02:09:31 pm »

I thought I did? If I wasn't clear enough, it's weird that you think I'm asking him to do my scum hunting for you when I first, didn't even ask him in particular anything, but just offered him as a possibility after asking a general question, and second, only asked a normal and reasonable question.

God in the form of a moth is giving me bad vibes here, but I don't really have any experience playing with him. Can anyone give me any tips? Webadict, maybe?

You said a player was giving you 'bad vibes' and rather than actually follow up on it yourself by asking them anything (which you still haven't done) you asked other players to weigh in on it, specifically mentioning one of the players you had already said were scum-leaning. If that isn't asking other players to do your scum hunting for you then I don't know what you were hoping to achieve.

I do think there's something wrong with asking Webadict to tell you what your read on me should be
See, there you're doing it again. What the hell makes you think that's what I'm doing? I just asked for opinions on you. That doesn't mean "tell me what my read on you should be", it just means I want to hear thoughts so I can make judgements based on them. You know, like... playing the game.

The thing that makes me think that's what you're doing is the fact that it's literally what you did.

But anyway,
You know what? I agree with Jim on at least one thing: fuuuuuuuck this ancient meta.

If the current meta involves glossing over a player admitting to blatantly lying for no reason then I don't have any particular interest in modernising.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2022, 02:10:31 pm »

Official Votecount:
(0) Maximum Spin:
(2) Tric: Jim, Knight
(1) Jim: Max
(0) Knightwing:
(1) Webadict: Tric
(0) Toonyman:
(1) Deus Asmoth: Web

(2) No Lynch: Deus, Toony

4 to Hammer

Not voting:

Day will END at 7:30pm EST Saturday December 24th AKA Christmas Eve. That is 5 hours 22 minutes from NOW.

Looks like No Lynch and Tric are TIED. I wonder which Scum will choose?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2022, 02:11:20 pm »

Here's an easier for me to read version:

Vote Count
------------------------
-> TricMagic   --2-- Jim Groovester*, Knightwing64*,
Deus Asmoth    --1-- webadict*,
Jim Groovester --1-- Maximum Spin*,
webadict       --1-- TricMagic*,
Knightwing64   --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
-> No One      --2-- Deus Asmoth*, ToonyMan*,

Not Voting     --0--

4 to Hammer. Day ends on December 24, 2022 at 18:30 Central Standard Time (5 hours and 19 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2022, 02:12:39 pm »

If the current meta involves glossing over a player admitting to blatantly lying for no reason then I don't have any particular interest in modernising.
But he did have a reason.  He stated he was egging Jim on.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2022, 02:17:20 pm »

No? That interpretation of what he said makes absolutely no sense.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2022, 02:26:13 pm »

No? That interpretation of what he said makes absolutely no sense.
Oh, whoops, I misread that quote block.  Not because of it having no reason, but because it wasn't anything that mattered to me.

I don't consider that type of lie to be egregious, nor is it in any way destructive towards Town.  If you can argue for why that lie in particular furthered a scum wincon, I'll agree.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2022, 02:33:02 pm »

I don't think that his lie furthered a scum wincon. I think it's indicative of a pattern of behaviour from Maximum Spin, by which I mean he's unwilling to commit to anything. He's suspicious of me but seems to be refusing to directly engage with me any further than I force him to. He says he's willing to go with one plan, but when that plan receives any pushback he was actually lying the whole time. Why are you framing this as though the only way to decide if someone is scum is for them to directly hinder the town? Trying to avoid suspicion by dodging direct confrontation seems equally scummy to me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26