Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 19037 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2022, 08:04:49 pm »

What?

Is that hammer?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2022, 08:05:41 pm »

Ohh. Whoops.

I didn’t realize I already voted you. Your still at 3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2022, 08:09:11 pm »

No, just a trick to see how you would react. I'm good at those.

Consider this, how many people are interested in me not shooting them tonight? If town, they more want me not to shoot them. If scum, they want me dead so I can't shoot them.

For now your response seems townish enough, I guess. So Knightwing64.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) ROLES SENT
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2022, 08:11:08 pm »

TricMagic because the game says to kill him, now.

Also I still have a lot of Christmas preparations I need to do, so I might be scarce at times.

To note, before we start lynching me, given Jim a chance to react, yeah webadict?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) ROLES SENT
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2022, 08:15:21 pm »

Pretty quick reaction webadict.  Why so red? Not like you can't stop it if you want to right? Or was that setup for an excuse later on?

I don't think you ever answered my question either.
You had a question?  I'll be honest, I didn't see it.

TricMagic because the game says to kill him, now.

Also I still have a lot of Christmas preparations I need to do, so I might be scarce at times.

To note, before we start lynching me, given Jim a chance to react, yeah webadict?
Would you like to vote out Jim?  I'm down with that, honestly.

I'll vote Jim Groovester for now, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2022, 08:17:29 pm »

Also, if you actually think I'm scum, you're gonna lose.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2022, 09:25:29 pm »

Consider this, how many people are interested in me not shooting them tonight? If town, they more want me not to shoot them. If scum, they want me dead so I can't shoot them.

I would shoot someone tonight if we no lynch, that way if mafia kill someone else you're pretty cleared as not mafia. (I think Webadict realizes this and is trying to pin you as a SK which makes sense to me if he's mafia.)

If two people die tonight we're still at 5 people and even better if Tric hits mafia.

Also, if you actually think I'm scum, you're gonna lose.
If you're against no lynching I'm still fine seeing you flip.

I checked, there were some protection roles but I didn't see any that protected two, maybe Jack gave a buff? Mafia also had a special kill that could bypass protection (Jim had it I think).

I'm not entirely confident in my read of you, but I'm suspicious of your attitude towards Tric and Knightwing.

I think I'm also willing to vote Jim or Deus right now, but still prefer just no lynching. My role likely favors us no lynching anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2022, 09:28:33 pm »

I can only tell you what my role is, Toony.  I can't make you believe me.  So, how about this Toony?  If you agree to being shot by TricMagic, I won't mind voting for a No Elim.  I won't protect you, naturally, so there is that.

I'd agree to that.  Sounds pretty fair.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2022, 09:28:45 pm »

I'm not actually voting no lynch I realize. I can switch sometime tomorrow unless I really want someone dead.

Speaking of tomorrow, it'll be Christmas Eve and I'm not going to be around much.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2022, 09:34:56 pm »

I can only tell you what my role is, Toony.  I can't make you believe me.  So, how about this Toony?  If you agree to being shot by TricMagic, I won't mind voting for a No Elim.  I won't protect you, naturally, so there is that.

I'd agree to that.  Sounds pretty fair.
I'm dead either way. If mafia don't kill me then Tric will, they may even both kill me which makes Tric look suspicious I guess but at least only one player dies.

Okay how about this, statement time: If I'm the only dead person tonight don't vote Tric. Or Knightwing. I'm banking all my holiday marbles on this. If I'm dead along with someone else tonight then Tric is not mafia. Web could be correct in suspecting SK, but I don't believe this.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2022, 09:36:32 pm »

I would shoot someone tonight if we no lynch, that way if mafia kill someone else you're pretty cleared as not mafia. (I think Webadict realizes this and is trying to pin you as a SK which makes sense to me if he's mafia.)
^ This is not a Townie understanding of my response to TricMagic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2022, 09:40:21 pm »

What?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2022, 10:03:42 pm »

I'm dead either way. If mafia don't kill me then Tric will, they may even both kill me which makes Tric look suspicious I guess but at least only one player dies.

Okay how about this, statement time: If I'm the only dead person tonight don't vote Tric. Or Knightwing. I'm banking all my holiday marbles on this. If I'm dead along with someone else tonight then Tric is not mafia. Web could be correct in suspecting SK, but I don't believe this.
How does that make Tric look suspicious?  I already believe that Tric isn't (teamed) Mafia?? 

Like, there's already the possibility that I protect a kill.  What then?  Would that not cause the same amount of possible suspicion to you then?

What?
(I think Webadict realizes this and is trying to pin you as a SK which makes sense to me if he's mafia.)
If you think that I'm trying to "pin TricMagic as the SK", then you're essentially buddying TricMagic into believing that I'm trying to frame him to keep his vote on me.  I think, in that particular case, I'd just stay voting TricMagic, but let's give me the consequence of the doubt, and say that I'd do everything the exact same as Town or scum no matter what because I'm simultaneously a genius and also an idiot.  I thought that his response was fairly reasonable (for him) to being voted, which is to immediately OMGUS me for voting him, something he tends to do fairly often as Town to the detriment of others.  Also, wanting Jim Groovester time to reply felt like he was resigned to his fate to die, which I could see him doing as Town.  Now, how would he react as SK?  Not sure.  I don't think he spends his time defending Knightwing like that.  I'm not really in the mood to vote TricMagic, but I think relying on TricMagic to do TricMagic things is so very silly.

There was a reason why I said I was okay voting out Jim Groovester there.

The reason why I'm in favor of voting out TricMagic is that he's a wildcard.  If I'm scum, there is literally no reason for me to go after him, because he will (almost) never shoot me if I'm scum.  And even if I was afraid of that as scum, I'd absolutely take that bet a million times because it's hilarious to do so.  It's why you buddying him is definitely something you'd do as scum.  I don't say that because it's what I feel like you'd do, it's because you do it often in games with him.  I don't really feel like finding the examples of that, but just reread the last Day of Totem Mafia if anyone really cares.

You not being in favor of voting TricMagic is highly concerning, since you are often a proponent of removing TricMagic from the equation often and early as Town.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2022, 11:36:25 pm »

I was going to post last night but I started drinking and drunk a little too much a little too quickly and ended up indisposed.

There's a lot of other things going on that are catching my focus and I value those things more than this game.

I probably will not be around at all tomorrow.

@Jim/TricMagic/Deus:  Who should I vote between Max, ToonyMan, and Knightwing?  At least one of them is scum, and at most one of you guys are (and it's probably not Tric)

*flips three sided coin*

Maximum Spin.

I really don't think it's any of those three, or at least, I wouldn't pick those three first.

I tend to think it's Jim no matter what

wedothiseverygame

webadict patiently interacts with Knightwing64, encouraging him to actually play mafia

Is this exchange alignment indicative? Probably not. Does my opinion about webadict improve from this interaction? A little bit, I think.

Response for what?

It’s D1. This is the time for trolling and fun before everyone reverts to tryhard mode.

Have we really been playing in the same games together on the same board?

People tryhard more on Day 1 than any other time.

Webadict: from that trio I would be more inclined to vote Knight currently until I get more of a response from them. I can buy Toony being town and Spin trying to work around our apparent loose cannon means is at least useful to the town. Can you explain the logic behind your trios?

I like you asking this question.

It seems rushed, I dunno. It rubs me the wrong way.

This is actually worth considering. If we're assuming that Tric uses their kill tonight and misses, lynching today puts us at four players left after the scumkill which is a loss if there are two scum players. The best strategy may in fact be no-lynching today and Tric not killing anyone tonight, since that leaves us with six players and the option for Tric to shoot someone in the case of a mislynch (assuming that they don't get killed).

I don't like this suggestion for a couple of reasons.

We don't know the makeup of the scum team or what abilities the Jim/Jack/Tric roles have so there's no reason to believe that this plan will go off without a hitch even if TricMagic would be on board with it. E.G., we follow this plan, do a Day 2 mislynch, scum have a redirect, we lose anyway.

There's also that the town needs to come to some kind of consensus about how to solve the game and then use the lynch to test one of the proposed solutions, and no lynching takes that opportunity away from us and leaves us only the night kill for information to help solve the game, which is guaranteed to be as uninformative as possible.

I like that plan because it gives mafia an incentive to kill Tric tonight.
I'm firmly open to this plan.

Why do I feel like the weird one here?

I disagree with this plan on several levels, but also for role related reasons.

If you want to control how Tric shoots, just use a vote, what the fuck, Toony?

At least webadict????????????????????

agrees with me.

When did you start thinking a SK was possible then?

The rules say it's a possibility.

Why are you voting me Jim?

It was a shitpost to start with but you're my strongest scumread.

I dislike that in your second post of the game you immediately try to deflect suspicion by saying 'if you think I'm scum then who's my partner?'

I am Dragon, your argument is invalid.

DRAGON DEEZ NUTZ

I have one last thing I want to say before day end but I don't want to say it YET. Don't let me forget though, it's important.

What difference does it make whether you say it now or later?

I feel like I worry about a doctor Tric more than a vig Tric anyway.

Every time TricMagic is a doctor we should lynch whoever he protects since he always protects scum.

I'm pretty ambivalent about you shooting me honestly.

I'll vote Jim Groovester for now, though.

I'm pretty ambivalent about you voting me honestly.

READS

webadict - I'm finding myself on the same page as webadict on a couple different points so I'm inclined to feel like he's town here but this could be a game losing assumption.
ToonyMan - Fine I guess. He's not making me feel like he's town as strongly as he normally does but I don't have any particular objections to anything he's done.
Maximum Spin - Fine I guess. Not really objecting to anything he's done but like ToonyMan he's also not making me feel super strongly about him being town.
Knightwing64 - Fine I guess. I'd have a hard time saying this is scum Knightwing64 honestly.
Deus Asmoth - There are parts of Deus Asmoth's play I don't like and other parts I do like. I don't remember the last time I played with him but I feel like part of the reason why I dislike some of the things he's done is because he's playing a bit more like the older B12 style which I generally don't like that much and find suspicious whenever I see it.
TricMagic - Like I mentioned above I don't like that in his second post of the game he's deflecting suspicion by demanding people identify his partner. My opinion hasn't changed much or improved since then.

TricMagic is my strongest scumread but I'm having trouble identifying who he could be partnered with.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2022, 12:04:58 am »

@Webadict:
There are plenty of games where I don't want Tric voted. I was a pretty staunch defender of him in Dragon Deez Nuts Mafia and he wasn't even town. I also defended KW there too.

I'm not siding with Tric to gain his favor. I'm 100% certain Tric would shoot me no matter what I said because when N1 starts he'll impulsively pick the player that rubbed him the most wrong. This isn't necessarily me, but you get the point.

I think mafia would be more afraid of a "wildcard" loose cannon than town would be.

I don't like how you don't think Tric is mafia but are still in favor of voting them.

@Jim:
I don't think Tric is with anybody, but at least you want to vote him because you think he's scum.

This is weird for me to say, but I'm seeing this premonition now where lynching Tric today loses us the game.

I think your increased opinion of Webadict thanks to his interactions with Knightwing feels genuine, as I had the same feeling there. If Web is legit his misgivings towards me are very unfounded.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26