Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 18986 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2022, 01:39:51 am »

I like that plan because it gives mafia an incentive to kill Tric tonight.

Worst case he shoots anyway and misses leaving us probably at a 5 player lylo instead of straight up losing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2022, 05:07:03 am »

Really, I was pushing that because I wanted Max and Knightwing to comment on each other a bit, since they tend to have a fixation on the other.
Oh. Why didn't you say so? I don't usually comment on people just because someone arbitrarily associated me with someone else.

I think this is town Knightwing being needlessly sketchy instead of mafia Knightwing trying to avoid having to play, but I'm not convinced of that.

The best strategy may in fact be no-lynching today and Tric not killing anyone tonight, since that leaves us with six players and the option for Tric to shoot someone in the case of a mislynch (assuming that they don't get killed).
I'm firmly open to this plan.

I have one last thing I want to say before day end but I don't want to say it YET. Don't let me forget though, it's important.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2022, 06:06:10 am »

Official Votecount:
(1) Maximum Spin: Web
(2) Tric: Jim, Knight
(0) Jim: Max
(0) Knightwing:
(1) Webadict: Toony
(0) Toonyman:
(0) Deus Asmoth:

(0) No Lynch:

4 to Hammer

Not voting: Tric, Deus

Day will END at 7:30pm EST Saturday December 24th AKA Christmas Eve. That is 37 hours 24 minutes from NOW.

Also, you all live in Baltimore.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2022, 07:39:17 am »

Max with no vote?

ToonyMan

Worst case he shoots anyway and misses leaving us probably at a 5 player lylo instead of straight up losing.
I disagree with this plan on several levels, but also for role related reasons.

If you want to control how Tric shoots, just use a vote, what the fuck, Toony?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2022, 09:27:28 am »

Actually, I have reason to believe that there is a Mafia AND an SK, but I won't share why.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2022, 09:29:57 am »

Always fun to see what pops out of the woodwork when I burn it.

As for me, think Knightwing is either SK or Mally. (Or Mafia if there is only one of them this game.)

From my morning analysis of gut feelings. I surprisingly don't have any town reads other than knightwing, what the hell?

So can only ask questions. Why are you voting me Jim? Web, you see votecount and push Toony for early hammer? Dues where's your vote?

Ninjaweb.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2022, 09:30:54 am »

I think this is town Knightwing being needlessly sketchy instead of mafia Knightwing trying to avoid having to play, but I'm not convinced of that.
This is how I feel so maybe we're on the same page.

Max with no vote?

ToonyMan

Look, Tric is a scary mofo with a gun, but I'm not voting a player I think is town. You said earlier you were totally going to roleblock Tric so I see even less of a reason why you would disagree.

Are me and Max both wrong about Knightwing? I think it's possible, but unlikely.

PPE:
Actually, I have reason to believe that there is a Mafia AND an SK, but I won't share why.
Wouldn't that make the odds of Tric also being a town vig absurd? Why the lack of concern over Tric when he initially claimed?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2022, 09:33:36 am »

As for me, think Knightwing is either SK or Mally. (Or Mafia if there is only one of them this game.)

From my morning analysis of gut feelings. I surprisingly don't have any town reads other than knightwing, what the hell?
"I think Knightwing is third-party."

"My only townread is Knightwing."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2022, 09:44:31 am »

"I think Knightwing is third-party."

"My only townread is Knightwing."
I think he just meant "any reads other than knightwing" and made a mistake.

Mafia AND Serial Killer, with 7p? Okay, EuchreJack is maybe not a genius of balance so I can buy it, but ToonyMan is right, I don't see Mafia && SK && vig with 7p unless there's something that also prevents this from bringing the game down to three players at d2 open. So who's lying here, web?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2022, 10:18:14 am »

How am I acting needlessly suspicious? I’m….

Mannnnnn whatever

Tric isn’t acting obviously scummy, this is strange.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2022, 10:32:40 am »

This is how I feel so maybe we're on the same page.

Max with no vote?

ToonyMan

Look, Tric is a scary mofo with a gun, but I'm not voting a player I think is town. You said earlier you were totally going to roleblock Tric so I see even less of a reason why you would disagree.

Are me and Max both wrong about Knightwing? I think it's possible, but unlikely.

PPE:
Wouldn't that make the odds of Tric also being a town vig absurd? Why the lack of concern over Tric when he initially claimed?
Why do you assume that I thought there were an SK and a Mafia when Tric claimed?

But, no.  It's also not unreasonable to believe that there is an SK, Mafia, AND a Vigilante in this setup nor is it unreasonable to believe that I am wrong about the SK nor is it wrong to assume that TricMagic may still be an SK instead of a Vigilante.  That is not entirely out of scope, given that I am a One-Shot Double Doctor.  I am allowed to protect two people during the Night.  Why claim?  Eh!  What is the Mafia or SK gonna do to me?  Murder me?  LOL, ya got me, boyos!  Maybe I'm lying, what then?

The point is that I think this game has more kills than 1, so I have no reason to believe that TricMagic is lying about being a killing role.  Maybe he really is just Vigilante and I exist purely to stop him from murdering accidentally.  But, I'd much rather we voted someone out instead of No Elimination because it makes me more comfortable.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2022, 10:53:38 am »

When did you start thinking a SK was possible then?

I really don't believe we have 3 kills in a 7 player game.

Right now I think we have the mafiakill and then whatever Tric's kill is. I think it's reasonable to say we likely have more than 1 kill in this game, because Tric would have to be lying in some mafia gambit for there to be only 1. Plus, if we believe your double protect claim the role makes more sense if there's two kills.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2022, 10:55:05 am »

Actually I guess 1 kill is still just as possible with the double protect ability...it just gives you better odds to protect someone.

I should probably look at the past game again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2022, 11:11:59 am »

That's fair.  I'll just leave the conclusion at TricMagic is definitely not Mafia, and only that.  So, is it worth going after TricMagic?  I don't think so.  I'm also a little wary of No Elimination, but only because I've cemented my fate to die.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2022, 01:40:55 pm »

Webadict : why are you more comfortable with lynching (presumably Toony?) than not? You mentioned that you think you think you're going to get killed, but I don't see how that makes a practical difference at six players rather than seven.

No lynch
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26