Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 19017 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2022, 08:45:52 pm »

Mannnnn, I always get voted out so fast whenever I feel like trolling. Why can’t I have funnnnnnnnn
Knightwing, you're not supposed to troll people, you're supposed to play mafia.

Why can’t I do both? I have nothing to go on. It’s D1, all we have is wild guesses at this point.
That's... What?  You have whatever you want to go on.

What?
AlL wE hAvE iS WiLd GueSsEs!1!1!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2022, 08:46:23 pm »

Hey Knightwing, am I Town or what?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2022, 09:04:39 pm »

Probably? I remember someone saying the more of a asshole you are, the more likely you’re town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2022, 09:31:05 pm »

Probably? I remember someone saying the more of a asshole you are, the more likely you’re town.
Okay, next question:

Is ToonyMan Town or not?

And then, after that, is Jim Town or not?

Have, after that, is TricMagic Town or not?

Oh, man, how about... is... Deus Town or not?

Or Max!  You haven't really commented on Max that much, have you?  Is Max Town or not?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2022, 09:52:08 pm »

Are you mocking me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2022, 09:56:57 pm »

Are you mocking me?
Only about 5% mocking, really.

The point of my mocking, though, is that we have as much to go on as we want to believe we do.  If you think someone is Town, then you have something to go on.  If you think someone is scum, you have something to go on.  If you don't think anyone is Town or scum, then you have nothing to go on.

But, someone's gotta die Today or no one dies.  And if someone has to die, who's it gotta be?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2022, 09:58:31 pm »

I just don’t like voting people out on D1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2022, 10:04:16 pm »

I just don’t like voting people out on D1.
Why not?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2022, 10:05:59 pm »

It seems rushed, I dunno. It rubs me the wrong way.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2022, 10:09:08 pm »

Do you not understand that this thinking conflicts with your earlier statement of not having anything to go on?  Or do you think that this matches those sentiments?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2022, 10:16:43 pm »

Looks like bumbling solo Knightwing to me.

Did Webadict roll mally again?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2022, 10:18:38 pm »

Why do you think I'm Mally?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2022, 10:40:38 pm »

Probably Town
Tric - claims vig for no reason, sounds like town!Tric to me
Knightwing - I think it's town KW, I don't think their actions so far come from a malicious angle

The Nebulous Void
Max - they read town to me, they're acting how I'd expect their townself to act (selfish, random observations) they also did that thing where they hinted at who their spirit is here but I don't think that's actually alignment indicative
Jim - don't really like them going after Tric but I guess they could do that as town

I don't know
Webadict - they are town's greatest asset or danger, they feel kind of helpful but it's D1
Deus Asmoth - looks like they're scumhunting I don't have any strong reasoning for anything

Why do you think I'm Mally?
I can't tell how sincere you're being, like here (emphasis on the KW part at the end). Is this town!Webadict trying to help? Or scum!Webadict mashing keyboard buttons? I don't feel very confident currently.

In addition, suspecting Max and KW being a pair is interesting since you're also aboard voting off Tric even though you said he was cleared earlier. I think these mixed messages are what bothers me the most. Maybe you're just saying that because you don't want Tric to shoot you? Looking at it again, you begged Tric not to shoot you here.

I probably need to think about Max/Jim/Deus more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2022, 10:59:43 pm »

True, true, I do tend to lie a lot about a lot of things.  That does make trusting what I'm saying is supposed to mean what I'm saying difficult.

Hmmm, maybe I'll need to do that less, but basically, I'm tired right now, so I'm just being straightforward and asking questions.  The only silliness was mocking Knightwing a bit, but I just want him to take a stance.

It's not so much that I suspect Knightwing (though, it would be a lie to say that I don't).  It's that the attitude he is taking could easily be construed as scummy for various reasons.  By not wanting to pick someone to vote out, he's avoiding being in the spotlight or avoiding controversy.  It's just so... unwilling to look like the bad guy.

I'm not willing to remove him from suspicion yet because I just want him to pick people to die so I can understand what he's looking for in scummy people.  So, if he doesn't pick, then what right does he have to hold someone culpable for their bad picks?  Is a bad scumpick worse than no scumpick?  A difficult proposition.

Also, I don't think being aboard the Vote Tric train is scummy, but that's me.  It's only a mixed message if it was literally anyone else but TricMagic, but TricMagic has... historical baggage...

Maybe you're asking about if I'm really going in on the Max + Knightwing team angle, and I'm not.  I think it's interesting to muse about, but I'm not committed to it.  I don't think it's worth going for team construction in this game because it's too unknown whether we have multiple scum or scum and ally or even just one scum.  Really, I was pushing that because I wanted Max and Knightwing to comment on each other a bit, since they tend to have a fixation on the other.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2022, 12:03:40 am »

This is actually worth considering. If we're assuming that Tric uses their kill tonight and misses, lynching today puts us at four players left after the scumkill which is a loss if there are two scum players. The best strategy may in fact be no-lynching today and Tric not killing anyone tonight, since that leaves us with six players and the option for Tric to shoot someone in the case of a mislynch (assuming that they don't get killed).

That said,
Knight, how do you plan on finding scum during D2, assuming that nothing crazy happens in the meantime?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26