Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 18917 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair.

... That's about it. I could be an SK again, right? You can't call me mafia without also finding my partner though. So it's a moot point for now.

I am in reality a killer, but that's not scum-indicative.
This is horrifying because I believe you.

In that other game Knightwing was town and also had a oneshot kill.

I can confirm I also have one of the abilities of the player I'm the spirit of.

Do I think you're mafia and using this vig claim as cover? Maybe, honestly not really. However, my instincts tell me that letting a town vig Tric survive into the night is a guaranteed town loss.
I mean, you're not wrong. Kinda makes me want to burn you at the stake.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Anyway, Deus, who do you wanna vote off?  Whatcha got?

Toonyman, at the moment. From what I can tell he tried to bait TricMagic into revealing more about his role and has said he believes Tric is town but is also too dangerous to leave alive (hasn't voted though).

Toonyman: Can you square that for me? Is Tric worrisome enough to deserve a policy lynch in your eyes and do you actually want to lynch him?

Knightwing:
Hah!

Tric, you fell into my trap!

You fool, if you have my spirit, you must be mafia!

Because I’m a asshole!

Tricmagic
Can you clarify your vote here? You do seem to have been Town in the previous game.

TricMagic: Do you have a plan of some kind or can we expect insanity for the entire game?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I'm not comfortable with these ToonyMan-webadict interactions. Too much agreement between them makes me nervous. I don't think they're a team, though. (I tend to assume they don't make it so obvious when they're both mafia, although... I guess they would know that I assume that by now.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The main issue here is that we'd lose by day 2 if I kill someone and they aren't mafia. We'd be down to 2/2 in an instant. Assuming Jack's actually balanced things, we're fine. Particularly if there is an SK.

Jack, should you be lynched? Also, what happens if mafia equals town but town/SK can still "win"?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Deus:
I think Tric is probably town and not a good vote. I just don't find this realization very inspiring.

I had people call me out for "rolefishing" with Tric in FBYOR5 and I was just as town there.

@Max:
I'm not comfortable with these ToonyMan-webadict interactions. Too much agreement between them makes me nervous. I don't think they're a team, though. (I tend to assume they don't make it so obvious when they're both mafia, although... I guess they would know that I assume that by now.)
Is one of us mafia then? If so, which is more likely?

@Tric:
The main issue here is that we'd lose by day 2 if I kill someone and they aren't mafia. We'd be down to 2/2 in an instant. Assuming Jack's actually balanced things, we're fine. Particularly if there is an SK.

Jack, should you be lynched? Also, what happens if mafia equals town but town/SK can still "win"?
That's true so I'm very curious how tonight will go.

Voting Jack is dumb.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Toony: Your instincts say that letting a vig Tric survive is a guaranteed town loss. You believe Tric's claim of having a vig role. You (presumably) don't want to town to lose. You are ok with Tric surviving anyway. What am I missing here?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Max:
Is one of us mafia then?
It's d1, man, I may be trying to be more open but you're not gonna pin me to something like that already. I just think it's suspicious.
If so, which is more likely?
But I will say that Web buddied you like this (in my opinion) back in choose-your-own-fallacy 5 where he was scum, and seemed to try to use that to throw you off Jack.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Addendum: If anyone can roleblock Tric, we can spare ourselves the worry. There's no need to claim that yet but Tric, would you agree to it?

I mean you could just promise not to shoot but I think you know and I know that ToonyMan knows that we know he's not gonna take your word for it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Sure, I'll roleblock TricMagic.

I mean, I won't, but I'll say that I will.  Or maybe I will?  Who can even tell?  I can't.  I'm probably not even a roleblocker probably.

Toony: Your instincts say that letting a vig Tric survive is a guaranteed town loss. You believe Tric's claim of having a vig role. You (presumably) don't want to town to lose. You are ok with Tric surviving anyway. What am I missing here?
Vig Tric will shoot every single Town player before he shoots the Mafia.  That isn't an unprecedented take, but it is a fact of life that we must live with.  I, for one, have accepted my fate to be shot by our Trician Overlord.  My jig is now one of sacrifice, and I will become a ghost of Christmas Past.

It would be fitting, based on my player.

@Max:
Is one of us mafia then?
It's d1, man, I may be trying to be more open but you're not gonna pin me to something like that already. I just think it's suspicious.
If so, which is more likely?
But I will say that Web buddied you like this (in my opinion) back in choose-your-own-fallacy 5 where he was scum, and seemed to try to use that to throw you off Jack.
True.  Although, it was less about throwing him off Jack as it was about escaping the torture chamber that was unkillability everywhere.

@ToonyMan:  Max is gonna be upset if I buddy you, but it's like a 1 in 3 chance you're not Town, so... I'll probably do it anyway.  What do I got to lose besides the game?

@Tric:  If I buddy you, too, you promise to not shoot me?  I don't wanna be shot!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm positive Tric would throw as town and lose us the game. Regardless, I'm not going to vote someone I think is more likely town than others. Plus to add to what Max said, things can happen at night.

PPE:
@Web:
You already know Tric is going to shoot me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Maximum Spin, Jim, Knightwing: I just want to confirm that we're all aware that players have been given roles based on players from another game and lynching people based on their usernames probably isn't the most productive use of our time.

Okay, killjoy.

Toonyman: Why is Knightwing an easy read and why keep Tric alive if you think he's an asset to the mafia regardless of his alignment?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh asked like we have lynches to spare.

Revenge is a hell of a drug though. It consumes reason and leaves only emotion.

Jim will feel my wrath.

Beginner BYOR 1 was months ago.

Give it a rest.

For the record, I am knightwing. Pay no attention to my scales and vote the 64th imposter Knightwing64. they even have 64 in their name, sus.
To be fair.

... That's about it. I could be an SK again, right? You can't call me mafia without also finding my partner though. So it's a moot point for now.

I am in reality a killer, but that's not scum-indicative.

This feels weird. Maybe instead of shitposting about lynching TricMagic I'll decide I actually want to lynch TricMagic.

The game isn't advertised as a bastard mafia and nothing in the rules says it is. I don't think trying to lynch the moderator is going to do anything.

Assuming Jack's actually balanced things

:|
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'm positive Tric would throw as town and lose us the game. Regardless, I'm not going to vote someone I think is more likely town than others. Plus to add to what Max said, things can happen at night.

PPE:
@Web:
You already know Tric is going to shoot me.
... Yeah, okay, if you're Town, you're absolutely right.

Although, I'm in the "Vote TricMagic even if he is Town" this game.  My hasty rationale is that karma only applies to everyone except me.

@Jim/TricMagic/Deus:  Who should I vote between Max, ToonyMan, and Knightwing?  At least one of them is scum, and at most one of you guys are (and it's probably not Tric)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Unvote

Webadict: from that trio I would be more inclined to vote Knight currently until I get more of a response from them. I can buy Toony being town and Spin trying to work around our apparent loose cannon means is at least useful to the town. Can you explain the logic behind your trios?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Response for what?

It’s D1. This is the time for trolling and fun before everyone reverts to tryhard mode.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Knightwing:
Hah!

Tric, you fell into my trap!

You fool, if you have my spirit, you must be mafia!

Because I’m a asshole!

Tricmagic
Can you clarify your vote here? You do seem to have been Town in the previous game.

I'm assuming that it's covered by the trolling and fun bit though. Do you have any thoughts about the game so far though?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26