Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59214 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1335 on: October 31, 2022, 12:21:39 pm »

More seriously, I've got a kill. Knightwing might/should have a kill. Jim has a kill(and dragon deez nuts). Just wondering if they're a dragon godfather to make a trinity. (Unlikely, but I could kill them tonight.) As is, going to None tonight on account of NJW shenanigans. Do not want to protect a kill on mafia by accident. (again.)
Hey, I'm willing to none! I'm basically out of useful things to do, at this point.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 31, 2022, 12:42:57 pm »

@NQT:
Juicebox used Pot of Greed on themselves D1 though, they can't double action normally. The problem now is that they claim to have targeted Tric on D3, which even if it was an honest mistake means we can't prove anything since Tric doesn't have any shots to fill left, right Tric? But also, Juicebox claims to have targeted Jim today, which Jim has been unable to confirm. So either something is afoot or one of Jim/Juice is boldfaced lying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 31, 2022, 12:46:27 pm »

ToonyMan

@Jim: My role came with an Extra Life.  It had nothing to do with Vector.
I don't understand your vote on Vector during D2 or D3. They didn't seem to have any reasoning behind them. What's going on?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 31, 2022, 01:43:34 pm »

Per previous note, it filled my oneshots. So Dragon Scales is now a 2 shot.

Also TolyK, make sure to check toony or someone else. Maybe NJW since they normally can't be investigated with the self-bussing, since they're abstaining.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 31, 2022, 01:45:14 pm »

Toony, please don't restrict TolyK from investigation this round? If another offer comes up we know they're probably devil. (And said person shouldn't take it.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 31, 2022, 02:03:32 pm »

Also TolyK, make sure to check toony or someone else. Maybe NJW since they normally can't be investigated with the self-bussing, since they're abstaining.
Well that makes me like Juicebox slightly more. We should at least wait to see what's going on and if Jim is being impatient.

Please don't waste an inspect on NJW.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 31, 2022, 02:05:26 pm »

Toony, please don't restrict TolyK from investigation this round? If another offer comes up we know they're probably devil. (And said person shouldn't take it.)
I ain't restricting anybody today.

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh

Also hey, forcing TolyK to inspect me or you sounds good to me? You're the one that roleblocked them anyway.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 31, 2022, 02:09:32 pm »

I am a dragon.

DRAGGING THESE NUTS

Being a dragon (deez nutz) I get more powerful if I'm the only dragon (deez nutz) left alive; when I hand out my dragon (deez) nuts if I'm the only dragon (deez nutz) remaining I also get to take one for myself. I've been avoiding claiming that I'm a dragon (deez nutz) out of worry that there's a dragon (deez nutz) related third party whose win condition is related to being the sole remaining dragon (deez nutz) compared to me and TricMagic apparently where we only get powerups to our role if that happens. If such a third party exists I'd probably expect it to be TolyK first and then Knightwing64 after that.
The plot thickens! Tric managed to sniff the other dragons out.

Though if each dragon does have a kill action, then that makes at least half the players with a claimed or confirmed kill action. Not great for NQT's 2 shot inspect.

Delaying Jack again sounds like a decent option for tonight. Unless someone has a better idea because I don't.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 31, 2022, 02:15:32 pm »

... Right.. The delay. (Preps dragonbreath against Nakeen.)

Seriously though, can't have a mafia ally around messing with results. NQt's report says knightwing jailed someone? Might be better to hit them then if third party. Cause that sounds like the kidnapping sort of dragon.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 31, 2022, 02:22:27 pm »

Well that makes me like Juicebox slightly more. We should at least wait to see what's going on and if Jim is being impatient.

Please don't waste an inspect on NJW.

Still no juice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 31, 2022, 02:24:32 pm »

At least, according to juicebox's explanation for why he couldn't change targets from TricMagic to me, day actions take effect immediately, so he must surely not have submitted his action to recharge my kill yet. Surely.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 31, 2022, 02:55:34 pm »

I only got it after the day had ended.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 31, 2022, 03:07:26 pm »

Hmph... question is then whether the recharge still works at the end of the day, even if we elim Juicebox today?

Juicebox: - would you mind commenting on the above?

Refilling Jim's kill could never be a proof of innocence, as mafia have gambled basically everything on this kill. So we'd probably Juicebox anyway, especially as we have reason to believe investigative powers won't work. Might be a reason to kill them tomorrow rather than today though if it doesn't?

Also:

Claim: the item Toony stole from me was my Cool Shades which allow him to give himself an extra vote at any point in the day.

I no longer see any reason to hide this information, and suspect it would be actively detrimental not to reveal it.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 31, 2022, 03:15:13 pm »

I only got it after the day had ended.
Well then, Jim isn't going to know whether Juice fills him up until the day is over yeah?

Do I think Juice is a bad lynch today? No, I do not still. There are multiple factors that make Juice a desirable vote.

1. Their connection with Vector.
2. Their connection with the Final Countdown ability.

The only hard counters I see are NQT's non-killing result from N1.

Claim: the item Toony stole from me was my Cool Shades which allow him to give himself an extra vote at any point in the day.

I no longer see any reason to hide this information, and suspect it would be actively detrimental not to reveal it.
Yep. I already sent in the action to use it today. I believe using items counts as an action (confirm?) so this should publicly show my day action now as opposed to having someone else have to confirm my restrictive redirect tomorrow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 31, 2022, 03:16:50 pm »

I was hoping FoU would be on to give the dramatic reveal.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 113