Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59213 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1320 on: October 31, 2022, 08:14:48 am »

DUN DUN DUN

Apologies. My power went out, so I haven’t gone online period for the past couple days.

Nice going Tric. You got me.

I’m a dragon.

Dragon deez nuts all over you

Nah. I’m just kidding, I’m a town dragon. I assume you’re the other one? Good show chap! Jollly good show!

I’m thinking Toony and someone else is mafia. I know Toony couldn’t have used Countdown, because I blocked/protected him.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m 80 percent sure Toony is either Mafia or turned mafia ally.

I might have to re-read the game with this newfound enlightenment.

I don’t think we should vote him out because he didn’t start the countdown though.

I would scroll through the game and point out times he has been acting suspicious, but I’m on a tight schedule at this exact moment.

I was hoping that the other dragons would die out, if I’m being honest.

When I’m the only dragon left, I would be pretty much immune to night kills. Not exactly but basically is what it would be. It wasn’t really a nessitate but rather it was a nice bonus so I haven’t been push in g for people I thought were dragons.

Sorry for any misspellings, I gotta dash. Brb

Knightwing, you've long known I'm a dragon. And I sincerely doubt immunity to nightkills is your special power here. If you were to die today I have a number of options I could choose from. At this point you're an SK rather than SK-miller, though the lack of kills is odd if there is an SK.

(Jim might also be a dragon, eh.)

I'd be okay with a Jack lynch, followed by a Juice nightkill. Or other way round I suppose. Or even Nakeen given their post today. (Knightwing dying is also fine-ish, I guess. But not going to hit mafia by any metric.)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 31, 2022, 08:29:07 am »

I can probably extend the day with a day action. Basically, I can become a big dragon, but it's a pretty shitty dragon TBH.

Toony, what was your idea with me having to target Tric or you?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 31, 2022, 08:29:48 am »

"I am become dragon deez nuts" can also be useful in preventing any of the dragon players from growing too powerful.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 31, 2022, 08:36:23 am »

Least until I dragonmurder you. :D

More seriously, Knightwing can't actually kill me right now. So I'm fine. It's a question of who shall go first, Jack, Nakeen, or Juice?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 31, 2022, 08:37:48 am »

Oops. I was rushing and assumed it was a night action.

Also I just said I was rushing and couldn’t give a list of reasons.

Can somebody help me out with that?
List of reasons...that I'm mafia?

I think that's one thing I can't help you with Knightwing.

Look, I plan on day actioning a player today so they should be able to confirm this tomorrow so it at least makes it more doubtful I performed a second day action.

Heck I'll even full-claim my entire role for you.

I am Angry USPS Worker Goes Postal.

I started the game with two night actions and two day actions.

One of my night actions watches my target, but also steals an item they have. I've tried to use this one every night, but got blocked by Web on N1 and KW on N3.

My other night action will remain a secret until I use it.

My first day action forces a player to target one of three players the following night or they'll be roleblocked. I used this on Jim D1, Nakeen D2, and TolyK D3.

My second day action I haven't used and gave to TolyK on D2. They can claim what it does if they want.

That's it, that is all of me Knightwing.

PPE:
I can probably extend the day with a day action. Basically, I can become a big dragon, but it's a pretty shitty dragon TBH.

Toony, what was your idea with me having to target Tric or you?
You already gave both of us offers. In the off chance the game doesn't end with the mafia dying I wanted to limit your reach.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 31, 2022, 09:11:30 am »

Wait there's something even better I can do today as my day action.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 31, 2022, 09:53:05 am »

For some reason, I don't like the sound of that ???

Flavour + Day actions is convincing-ish, but I'm pretty worried about where we go next if that doesn't work. We still have very little material from some people.

On the plus side, Juicebox has been pushing Nakeen over Vector, mostly townreading people and pushing people weakly on inactivity or minor points, also interacting with Vector kind of oddly. So reasonably confident this is going to find scum. More and more confident that the game started with three mafia and a mally though.

I can see a mod giving a day-actions-only mafia member godfather status, to balance out the fact that they'd be highly likely to come under scrutiny for the nightkill. Checks and balances.

KnightWing: If it helps, I agree that Toony has appeared dubious at moments, although not as flamboyantly as other players. But if you want to convince people of something, you have to explain why you think it, at least a bit more. Nobody's doing a full-reread a ninety page thread to pick out a case for you just because you posted some vague suspicions.
One wheel short of a wagon

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 31, 2022, 10:28:13 am »

Tric are you kidding me

Why would I block Toony instead of killing him if I was a SK?

Why would I redirect people away from Web when I suspected that people were going to attack him?

My actions would make no sense if I was a SK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 31, 2022, 11:06:06 am »

Still no juice.

Hey I wonder where EuchreJack's bee-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why he's even made posts elsewhere on the forum. Confounding.

EuchreJack is worth lynching for shamelessly lurking but I think juicebox is the wiser choice today.

I’m a dragon.

Dragon deez nuts all over you

HA

GOTTEM

Oops. I was rushing and assumed it was a night action.

Also I just said I was rushing and couldn’t give a list of reasons.

Can somebody help me out with that?

You're going to have to do this work on your own. I think ToonyMan is town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 31, 2022, 11:37:03 am »

ToonyMan

@Jim: My role came with an Extra Life.  It had nothing to do with Vector.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 31, 2022, 11:50:36 am »

Juicebox Juicebox to establish that that's what we're probably doing today. I don't have much to add.

TricMagic: why might Jim be a dragon?
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 31, 2022, 12:00:27 pm »

Juicebox Juicebox to establish that that's what we're probably doing today. I don't have much to add.

TricMagic: why might Jim be a dragon?
Dragon deez nuts.

More seriously, I've got a kill. Knightwing might/should have a kill. Jim has a kill(and dragon deez nuts). Just wondering if they're a dragon godfather to make a trinity. (Unlikely, but I could kill them tonight.) As is, going to None tonight on account of NJW shenanigans. Do not want to protect a kill on mafia by accident. (again.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 31, 2022, 12:01:10 pm »

I am a dragon.

DRAGGING THESE NUTS

Being a dragon (deez nutz) I get more powerful if I'm the only dragon (deez nutz) left alive; when I hand out my dragon (deez) nuts if I'm the only dragon (deez nutz) remaining I also get to take one for myself. I've been avoiding claiming that I'm a dragon (deez nutz) out of worry that there's a dragon (deez nutz) related third party whose win condition is related to being the sole remaining dragon (deez nutz) compared to me and TricMagic apparently where we only get powerups to our role if that happens. If such a third party exists I'd probably expect it to be TolyK first and then Knightwing64 after that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 31, 2022, 12:03:19 pm »

Granted, I could roleblock you again if you promise not to bus to a kill target. Or TolyK/Jim given that would kill. But not much of a point to that other than confirming our night actions, and mafiakill is disabled now.

(Dragon deez ninjanuts.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 31, 2022, 12:03:53 pm »

QuickScan™ — A Macro Scan product

Updated Reports Since Previous Scan...

JimGroovester: Claims Dragon role (alongside TricMagic, TolyK, KnightWing)
EuchreJack: Votes Toony (reason: NOT FOUND)
juicebox: Claims to have submitted a Yugioh role. This matches day mafiakill ability. Previously inspected as Not A Killer. Possibilities: Godfather or town. Puts forward highly implausible NQT/Jack scum team.
Knightwing64: Obsessed with Dragon aspects of own role. Possible 3rd party. Claims to have jailkept Toony (block confirmed by Toony).
Nakéen: Delayed EuchreJack. Target confirmed by this unit. Possibly this is the reason for lack of night kill.
NJW2000: Sufficiently defended night action targets.
TolyK: Claim: Can extend day with day action.
ToonyMan: Argues that Juicebox be spared due to having a day action. Juicebox has already claimed to be a double-actor during the day, perhaps Toony has forgotten this. Gives another role claim, but given previous false claims it should not be taken as having 100% fidelity.
TricMagic: Took umbrage at NJW2000 action rationale.

Analysis
- Team is most likely EuchreJack/Juice as others have suspected. Juicebox is prime candidate today.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 113