Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59167 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1290 on: October 30, 2022, 08:49:14 am »

So.. You're a double actor then/

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 30, 2022, 08:49:19 am »

Heya, I just finished reading the update. I won't be able to keep a constant presence over the week-end, but I will try to compensate by contributing as puch as possible.

My claims
True to what I said on D3, I targeted EuchreJack with my delay. This time I wasn't roleblocked, so I assume it worked. I will know next Night if Jack used a kill action, but that will be too late considering the bomb that dropped.

There is nothing to suggest anyone acted on me, so I assume no one targeted me. Unless Jack targeted me, which if I managed to delay means I won't be afdected until next night.

I will need a bit more time before processing what was said. I will follow up with another post as soon as possible.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 30, 2022, 08:50:48 am »

(Rather I'm just unavailable today from 11am to 11pm, but I can probably check my phone if need be. Replies will be short though because typing on mobile is not ideal)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 30, 2022, 08:53:56 am »

Put more simply NJW. Your actions are not town-aligned. You're more worried about being town than helping town. Which is a sign of mafiahood if there ever was one. A question to you, who would hit jack?

You just threw your bus on the one person with an investigative action that is publicly known. That is not town behavior. Had they targeted you, you would have just robbed town of an investigation. (Which you did since I roleblocked them.) Had they targeted TolyK, you would have been converted instead, causing the same thing you claim to have been avoiding. Which makes you the mafia-ally.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 30, 2022, 08:58:41 am »

It does not help that that status would have been really nice to know about yesterday. Or the day before. Which day did you get it?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 30, 2022, 08:58:47 am »

So far I noticed people missed one obvious claim.

TolyK was limited to three targets, which is ToonyMan's ability. So it is very likely ToonyMan targeted TolyK last night, all that remains is for Toony to confirm.

Next I'm surprised Toony was roleblocked. Unless someone was hiding a roleblock, I wzs under the impression only Jim and NJW had roleblocking abilities.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 30, 2022, 09:15:25 am »

Put more simply NJW. Your actions are not town-aligned. You're more worried about being town than helping town. Which is a sign of mafiahood if there ever was one. A question to you, who would hit jack?

You just threw your bus on the one person with an investigative action that is publicly known. That is not town behavior. Had they targeted you, you would have just robbed town of an investigation. (Which you did since I roleblocked them.) Had they targeted TolyK, you would have been converted instead, causing the same thing you claim to have been avoiding. Which makes you the mafia-ally.
Yeah, I wanted to stay town and win, as scum have been repeatedly eliminated - in no small part thanks to me. If you genuinely believe I was scum at the start of the night, after Web's flip and Vector's flip, I don't really know what to say.

You chose to target the person with a self-bus, when they were very clearly going to use the bus unpredictably. Targeting someone there was a clear rationale for me to target would have increased my chance of conversion. If you ended up blocking someone with an inspect, that's on you for not thinking through your night actions.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 30, 2022, 09:18:25 am »

In reply to your previous question "who would hit Jack"... you really need to convey your ideas more clearly, because I do not know what you are asking

It does not help that that status would have been really nice to know about yesterday. Or the day before. Which day did you get it?
D3, when I talked about Vector giving me a status that stops any kill actions I have killing mafia. The status that was then revealed on Vector's flip.

This is in the thread... you could have known about it. You really could.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 30, 2022, 10:20:53 am »

Hua... I just don't trust you at all NJW. Doesn't really change the fact you bussed with the dude that had the investigation.

NQT, can we get a chart of all night actions from the nights?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 30, 2022, 10:42:38 am »

Hua... I just don't trust you at all NJW.
Tric.

Tric.

NJW isn't mafia. Everything they're saying makes sense.

1. They bussed themselves with TolyK so it wouldn't be possible for Vector to convert him, if mafia even tried.
2. I made TolyK have to target me, Tric, or Vector so the fact they were roleblocked (and presumably set on fire) means that you are the one that can confirm that NJW actually did bus themselves with TolyK, since you were the one that roleblocked TolyK and set them on fire.
3. Everything I said here about NJW on Day 3.

I don't even think they were converted, not that it matters.

So far I noticed people missed one obvious claim.

TolyK was limited to three targets, which is ToonyMan's ability. So it is very likely ToonyMan targeted TolyK last night, all that remains is for Toony to confirm.

Next I'm surprised Toony was roleblocked. Unless someone was hiding a roleblock, I wzs under the impression only Jim and NJW had roleblocking abilities.
Yes, I targeted TolyK and basically forced them to target me or Tric. I didn't want them handing out any more offers to new players just in case, and they'd also maybe able to use the inspect they got from Tric on one of us too.

I have no idea why I was roleblocked. There was no status effect or anything so it wasn't Tric.

My claims
True to what I said on D3, I targeted EuchreJack with my delay. This time I wasn't roleblocked, so I assume it worked. I will know next Night if Jack used a kill action, but that will be too late considering the bomb that dropped.
Maybe this is why no one died last night?

Also, Vector probably didn't do the kill N1. They probably tried to target Web to hit them with Congregation, so Web wouldn't kill mafia. Hence the stuff with the mod error giving Web what looked like the Congregation status. Obviously.
I agree. Vector tried to Congregate Web on N1 and me on N2.

Someone like Jack or Juice killed Max on N1. Although Juice would have to be a godfather if they actually killed Max. Would Final Countdown show up as a killing ability? Probably...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 30, 2022, 10:46:10 am »

Wait... I had assumed it wouldn't.

NQT: Would your inspect discover final countdown as a killing action?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 30, 2022, 12:39:17 pm »

My claims
Maybe this is why no one died last night?
Maybe, but we would only know next day which is a bit late.

(Reference) (Status) Congregation: You are claimed by an unearthly power. If you would be killed, the kill action fails without informing its user. If this occurs, you lose this Status. However, if you use a kill action on a Mafia-aligned player, it will fail without informing you. (Conditional kill actions don’t count if they don’t trigger their lethality.)

This status can be used to prevent a player from killing Mafia, or protect a Mafia player from any kill once.
N1 Vector must have given it to web to prevent a mafia being killed by web on N1 and setup a flip.
N2 Vector could have given the status to NJW to setup a flip, or to protect a potential mafia!NJW from one kill.

If NJW was a mafia all along then that would be very clever.

Also unlike NJW got more than 4 abilities, I am certain NJW can't be the countdown player as we know all their abilities:
- a bus
- a redirection on self
- some auto double vote
- a day one shot additional vote (cool shades)

Apart from webadict's case, it seems the standard set is made of 4 abilities.

So even on the pretty unlikely off chance NJW would be a mafia or mafia-ally, voting them makes no sense with the Final Countdown ticking down.

Also what's the point of trying to find out who made the N1 kill at this point of the game? That seems totally pointless.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 30, 2022, 12:40:43 pm »

Also unlike NJW got more than 4 abilities, I am certain NJW can't be the countdown player as we know all their abilities:
I messed up that sentence.

UNLESS instead of unlike.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 30, 2022, 12:50:48 pm »

The N1 kill is just another piece of the puzzle. But yes, it's not the priority... especially as I strongly suspect the countdown player has no standard kill, given Vector's lack of a mafiakill.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 30, 2022, 12:55:57 pm »

This status can be used to prevent a player from killing Mafia, or protect a Mafia player from any kill once.
N1 Vector must have given it to web to prevent a mafia being killed by web on N1 and setup a flip.
N2 Vector could have given the status to NJW to setup a flip, or to protect a potential mafia!NJW from one kill.
N1
Vector wanted to Congregate Webadict to stop them from maybe killing a mafia and also to maybe convert them to mally later. Mafia definitely didn't realize at this point that Webadict was already a mally. In any case, this got redirected to Max thanks to Knightwing.

N2
Vector wanted to Congregate me probably so that they could convert me to mally at a later date, this got redirected to NJW thanks to NJW. Vector had no intentions of Congregating NJW on N2 so I really don't think we should suspect NJW here.

Side note:
This also means I'm unlikely to be mafia since why would Vector try to Congregate me on N2? It's a waste if we're both mafia. I already have obviously hinted protection from both Jim and TolyK which I would have told Vector if we're partners.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 113