Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58945 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #960 on: October 21, 2022, 12:39:18 pm »

I agree that the stuff where it seems Webadict tried to hide Euchrejack's Soaked status is sus.

I cannot for the fucking life of me understand why we weren't voting Nakeen before that on the basis of behavioral clues.

I want to say for the record that I think the B12 meta of not killing off third parties and claimed millers has gone a little far. It should give us pause when someone says that they're an SK miller, for example.

My momentum has been killed a bit by the mod error situation TBH. I can understand why Webadict would feel that way, too. It's not FoU's fault that this has happened per se but it's frankly really freakin' hard to play around incorrect inspection results.

Webadict, for bein' sus and as an act of mercy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 21, 2022, 12:48:36 pm »

I don't know. Web probably wouldn't go this far as scum. Nothing has happened today that they didn't manage to be front and centre of. I'm not going to vote them out here, A) because I think they're town that wants it to happen, and B) because they don't deserve to get that.

Nakeen does seem to be trying to win the game now. Good.

NQT.

On the basis of the dubious takes and thread issues, and the fact they look like scum trying to out town-with-a-gun early today. Also, what kind of role tells between third parties with or without gun, town-with-gun or mafia, and town? It makes more sense from the mafia side. Juicebox also may have looked SK-like to scum yesterday, I dunnot. Any tone read largely prevented by the module stuff.

One vote only because democracy.

Yeah, I'm voting one of the most active posters. I have almost nothing to go on with the more absent ones, and what I do see doesn't give me enough for a worthy elimination.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 21, 2022, 01:04:31 pm »

I don't know. Web probably wouldn't go this far as scum. Nothing has happened today that they didn't manage to be front and centre of. I'm not going to vote them out here, A) because I think they're town that wants it to happen, and B) because they don't deserve to get that.

Nakeen does seem to be trying to win the game now. Good.

NQT.

On the basis of the dubious takes and thread issues, and the fact they look like scum trying to out town-with-a-gun early today. Also, what kind of role tells between third parties with or without gun, town-with-gun or mafia, and town? It makes more sense from the mafia side. Juicebox also may have looked SK-like to scum yesterday, I dunnot. Any tone read largely prevented by the module stuff.

One vote only because democracy.

Yeah, I'm voting one of the most active posters. I have almost nothing to go on with the more absent ones, and what I do see doesn't give me enough for a worthy elimination.
That's not democratic, since you can just hammer with the unused second part of your vote. That's Authoritarian.

By the way, CAN you split your vote?

Anyways, back to work (I'm in my own office now, so I can check in when I need a break from work).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 21, 2022, 01:07:40 pm »

Since I would prefer Webadict be hammered while I'm working instead of me, I will move over to that, although lynching Townies for info is stupid.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 21, 2022, 01:25:46 pm »

Arr, to be perfectly clear, I do think it more likely ye be scum, Jack. But if no, we have time. Who else should we get rid of instead?

--

Aye, and NJW, EuchreJack literally confirmed that me role does Exactly that you bottom feeding bloated lazy son of a manatee. If you thought I were lying about that and scum, then you'd think Jack was scum. So what in blue blazes are ye voting me for???

If you're town, admit your error

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 21, 2022, 01:51:10 pm »

Arr, and I was beginning to think NJW was doing a bit better after his D1 uselessness. But then slops out this bilgewater and calls it rum, as if we were born with no noses.

We've got time, I want to hear from more of ye (as miserable as that might make the defeatist Web). All hands on deck!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 21, 2022, 02:44:09 pm »

Arr, with so many crew members, I be trying to entertain two visions of them, like split telescope views before they come into focus.

Gunner Webadict: Either lied to save a fellow mutineer, or fancy played a lie to nobly prevent a mislynch. Perhaps he has a revive, perhaps he really does want to quit, but if he wanted to quit before, then why did the blasted wretch post more than anyone else? No one was forcing him too. Doesn't hold much water. But then, saving a scum team-mate doesn't hold water either unless he has a revive, as it would risk condemning them both.

Ship's Cook NJW, he puts in enough posting time to bicker endless with Web... but not enough posting to actually understand the game state (aye I made mistakes too earlier in the day, but always searching towards coherence), and comes out with a blustering half-baked attack. And then there's his lack of votes on D1. Just a particularly ineffective town player, or scum? Doublevoter, and KW can also get extra votes. Two town multi-voters would be a rum setup...

First Mate EuchreJack, came in and cleared me straight off. Could have kept that information to himself and let me hang through the confusion. Aye, that was towny... but his posting, vote range, and this thing with the soaking and with Web, it's all raising a lot of eyebrows. He's now inextricably linked.

Then there's the quiet ones, who could be blackhearted mutineers laying low, waiting for town to off each other (as is traditional)...

TolyK, purportedly cleared by the mate Toony but it's weak, big time lurker.
Vector, who Web likes, been on shore leave so long it's impossible to get a fix on them. Has no confirmed action.
Nakeen, allegedly delayed Toony... but why, as far as I could see there was no reason given, and indeed Nakeen never voted Toony or expressed any earlier suspicions. It be an odd target for a powerful ability like that, savvy?

They probably can't all be bad, but this is the pool I want to pick the plank walkers from.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 21, 2022, 03:03:16 pm »

2) Both TolyK and Jim has claimed to give Toony really good stuff that the rest of us should just believe on faith. Not sure if it's worse if true or false.
Tric has claimed that Jim targeted me last night, just me.

You're right that TolyK's gift (more like an exchange...) is only known between myself and them.

Nakeen, allegedly delayed Toony... but why, as far as I could see there was no reason given, and indeed Nakeen never voted Toony or expressed any earlier suspicions. It be an odd target for a powerful ability like that, savvy?
Nakeen gives further reasoning on D2 here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 21, 2022, 03:09:17 pm »

That doesn't actually clear them given double actions. They could have hit someone you soaked.

EuchreJack then.
That's pretty dumb.  I know exactly who I targeted, so why wouldn't EuchreJack.  That also means that Euchre didn't do the kill because Max wasn't Soaked.
Yes, but you Soaked Jack yourself correct? Why couldn't Jack kill Max?
I can't remember, the only way to know for sure is to vote me out, innit it?

Maybe my replacement will know better, but I'm already dead.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 21, 2022, 03:13:37 pm »

Geez Louise, Web.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 21, 2022, 03:19:23 pm »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 21, 2022, 03:25:11 pm »

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (1): ToonyMan
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (1): Vector
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (1): EuchreJack
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (7): NJW2000, NJW2000, TricMagic, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Nakéen, webadict

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: juicebox, Knightwing64, notquitethere, TolyK

8 to hammer.

This catches scum! <---Obvious sarcasm

Temporary unofficial votecount that will probably be invalidated 2 seconds after I post (or before)

EuchreJack (2): ToonyMan, Jim
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (1): Vector
NJW2000 (1): NQT
notquitethere (1): NJW2000
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (5): Knightwing64, Nakéen, webadict, Vector, EuchreJack

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: juicebox, Knightwing64, TolyK, Tric, NJW2000

Who COULD be voting more: Knightwing64, NJW2000

@Knightwing: If you can use your double vote tomorrow and today, you should use your double vote today.
@NJW2000: You should use both of your votes, unless you intend to keep someone from L-1 (or L-2 if Knightwing is a consideration). And if you CAN split your votes, you should at least consider the utility of doing so, even if you prefer not to say.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 21, 2022, 03:27:15 pm »

Revised Temporary unofficial votecount that will probably be invalidated 2 seconds after I post (or before)

EuchreJack (2): ToonyMan, Jim
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (1): NQT
notquitethere (1): NJW2000
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (5): Knightwing64, Nakéen, webadict, Vector, EuchreJack

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: juicebox, Knightwing64, TolyK, Tric, NJW2000

Who COULD be voting more: Knightwing64, NJW2000

@Knightwing: If you can use your double vote tomorrow and today, you should use your double vote today.
@NJW2000: You should use both of your votes, unless you intend to keep someone from L-1 (or L-2 if Knightwing is a consideration). And if you CAN split your votes, you should at least consider the utility of doing so, even if you prefer not to say.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 21, 2022, 03:31:43 pm »

Didn't think about splitting them... not sure who else I'd go for. I don't think anyone other than Web or EJ is likely to be the elim, and I don't particularly like either of those.

To be honest, my double vote has been a curse, as I wasn't around to use them in the explosion of activity at the end of D1. They've mostly been used for dumb wagons done while I was asleep.

NQT: reread your role pm, check you haven't missed anything.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Avast posting
« Reply #974 on: October 21, 2022, 03:42:16 pm »

Nakeen gives further reasoning on D2 here.
Thanks me hearty, I had forgotten that response. Makes me feel a bit better about their reasoning...

Web, I'm bepuzzled. How did ye lose your vim and vigour all of a sudden?

--

I usually see this defeatism set in when a scum team is routed. But it could be more manipulation, see, to encourage a mercy kill. Arr, what a twisted course this ship be sailing... Either interpretation would mean a mutineer Web.

NJW, arr, on your request I reread it and I learned... nothing I didn't already know. Should be no more mistakes from hereon. More to the point, I'm not walking the plank today, and your reason for voting me isn't just bad, it's not believable from a town-perpective. Ye think I'm lying about my ability, the ability that EuchreJack confirms AND I'm willing to push for a EuchreJack ejection? You haven't thought this one through.

Put your votes somewhere useful, you splintering wreck or I'll throw you overboard meself. Last chance.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 113