Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58912 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #930 on: October 21, 2022, 09:09:50 am »

Consier chaotic evil. Is webadict a mafia ally?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 21, 2022, 09:14:41 am »

Arr, now that be an intriguing possibility me hearties, but it is not congruent with Web's claimed kill (which might be fake o' course). I say that as me own role power seems to imply if there were a mafia ally they wouldn't have a deadly ability.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 21, 2022, 09:28:49 am »

And web doesn't. All their stuff does is set up others to kill. gets something out of Soak, someone gets something out of On Fire. And whatever else they have.

Granted, that makes me look suspicious, but I don't believe web has a kill or second action? Looks at old chart.[/i

How would a delay look to Toony on the recieving end? Or did Nakeen get a result that says it did nothing. Moving further down that line, would Nakeen know they've been roleblocked by juice, and/or juice receive notice of their action's result?

Is Knightwing/Toony town? Or were one of them the one to do a kill. hell, TolyK could have made Toony unstoppable and this choice already decided. It sounds town, but is it really? Web is at the center of most of the claims, and with him lying they all fall apart into a complete mess...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 21, 2022, 09:48:53 am »

1. I have no indication of being delayed.
2. Nakeen said they performed their action on me.
3. Juicebox said their multi-block on Nakeen failed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 21, 2022, 09:55:04 am »

I don't know if Nakeen really targeted me, I only believe they did based on their reactions at the start of this day.

I can confirm that Web (via Jim), TolyK, and Jim targeted me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 21, 2022, 09:58:29 am »

1. I have no indication of being delayed.
2. Nakeen said they performed their action on me.
3. Juicebox said their multi-block on Nakeen failed.
1a. Fallacy does not give indications of redirects in role results.
2a. Fallacy does not give indications of actions failing if they went through to the target.
3a. Nakeen only performed 1 action.

So Nakeen and Juice would be cleared by that. Jim is cleared. Web's outed. NJW is also outed by the results, though no alignment indications. NQT and EuchreJack are also cleared.

Knightwing64
ToonyMan
TolyK
Vector

Among these names are the one who could have preformed the kill. So, which is it?

Nin. So, that narrows your choices down to Knightwing and Vector, yeah? (Or Nakeen as an outlier.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 21, 2022, 10:12:18 am »

Nay Tric, most players could have had a second action and performed the kill along with their claimed act.

As I said in me chart, the only buccaneers who have anything suggesting they haven't two actions are me, Nakeen, Toony and Juicebox.

BUT if we wanted to make walk the plank someone who had nothing going for their claim, we'd throw overboard Vector, or perhaps the cabin boy KW (but not really KW, as his claim would have been easy to counterclaim, so there's no reason to suppose he'd lie that way).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 21, 2022, 10:20:55 am »

Vector it is then! Come out here ye scurvy lurker.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 21, 2022, 11:11:28 am »

No, I calculated correctly.

pfffffffftahahahahahahahaha

Without a revive or similar heavily mechanical considerations, do you ever see scum!Web sacrifice themselves for scum!EuchreJack?

If EuchreJack's role is valuable enough, yes. There might be some role synergy that would make it worth sacrificing webadict for EuchreJack.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I see town!Web sacrificing themselves for EuchreJack either.

I'd expect webadict to be very loud about it and badger people relentlessly about it, but never hammering himself to save EuchreJack.

Among these names are the one who could have preformed the kill. So, which is it?

This is still bad reasoning to use to decide who to lynch since multi actors etc.

I think webadict is still a pretty solid choice for the elimination today just to cut through the WIFOM he generated. We probably need to eliminate EuchreJack as well, especially if he remains quiet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 21, 2022, 11:32:07 am »

No, I calculated correctly.

pfffffffftahahahahahahahaha

Without a revive or similar heavily mechanical considerations, do you ever see scum!Web sacrifice themselves for scum!EuchreJack?

If EuchreJack's role is valuable enough, yes. There might be some role synergy that would make it worth sacrificing webadict for EuchreJack.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I see town!Web sacrificing themselves for EuchreJack either.

I'd expect webadict to be very loud about it and badger people relentlessly about it, but never hammering himself to save EuchreJack.

This is still bad reasoning to use to decide who to lynch since multi actors etc.

I think webadict is still a pretty solid choice for the elimination today just to cut through the WIFOM he generated. We probably need to eliminate EuchreJack as well, especially if he remains quiet.

And I think you're stupid for not realizing that Web probably lied about calculating correctly, and Web probably lied in his self-hammer.
WEB LIES!!!!! And it's Null, not scum, not town.  Ergo, why Web is null. But hey, he fessed up and saved me, so I'm calling that townie behavior.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 21, 2022, 11:34:08 am »

And as mysterious as it be, it's damned informative how this all went. It's an unforced error, aye, Web wanted to walk the plank. Earlier he said his roleflip would tell the tale (dead men be surprisingly informative on these high seas), thar be a slip, he expected ta die today.

Maybe he is scum and his team mate needed to be the one that lived. Especially if he has a revive without a flip.

EuchreJack, you're extremely lackadaisical about this whole thing. Taking the lies as a funny jape, and not something that almost got you ejected. What do you think Web's plan o' action was here?

And for that matter, what's to explain about me charts? They're all straightforward enough, even for a non-navigator.

It's hard for me at least to be pissed at Web for two reasons:
1) I was RIGHT.
2) Web confessed in time to save me from being eliminated.

It's you lot that wanted to wrongly convict me that have reason to be pissed.

Your charts make no sense to me. But hey, I have to get back to work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 21, 2022, 11:37:24 am »

Finally, vote ToonyMan since I'm starting to get concerned over the massive amount of power that Toonyman seems to be accumulating.

1) Double-voter Knightwing traditionally sheeps Toonyman.
2) Both TolyK and Jim has claimed to give Toony really good stuff that the rest of us should just believe on faith. Not sure if it's worse if true or false.
3) NJW2000 and his double vote are likely to defer to Toonyman for taking his side in the Great NJW2000/Webadict War of Day 2.

And possibly other stuff that I don't have time to break down.  I REALLY have to get back to work.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 21, 2022, 11:46:08 am »

Web is also very vocal about self-hammering as town. Or rather voting yourself as town. This is a complete side-swerve for them Jack, don't be fooled. The only reason the day didn't end is cause of a single vote from a doublevoter. The clear goal of webadict was to die today, for whatever reason. Hell, it could be an intricately planned Jester plot, bastard as that would be. More likely web wanted the entire day to be useless rather than save a single person, he could convince people o

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 21, 2022, 11:46:53 am »

I'm very content with either a webadict or a EuchreJack lynch.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 21, 2022, 11:47:39 am »

Web is also very vocal about self-hammering as town. Or rather voting yourself as town. This is a complete side-swerve for them Jack, don't be fooled. The only reason the day didn't end is cause of a single vote from a doublevoter. The clear goal of webadict was to die today, for whatever reason. Hell, it could be an intricately planned Jester plot, bastard as that would be. More likely web wanted the entire day to be useless rather than save a single person, he could convince people o
therwise. (Why did it post?) Trading himself for Jack makes absolutely no sense for scum-web, but they're the only one who would deny town info.

I am very much not.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 113