Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 11751 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [4/4] - Open to NPC submissions!
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2022, 11:38:14 pm »

"This will require additional data to answer. Would you like to make an argument that Rimm X Archie is the OTP?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2022, 11:48:09 pm »

␕␂It's not even one of my set pairings. But I am unopposed to it if it proves to be the most efficient arrangement. ␃␄

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2022, 11:49:52 pm »

AXIUS
I'm going to remain silent for now... But I am going to do this:

Allocate pairing slot: Janus A - Shino H
Allocate pairing slot: Janus A - Shino H
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2022, 11:50:38 pm »

"I consider it an unlikely pairing. Archie does not seem like a quality mate."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2022, 12:34:43 am »

"This will require additional data to answer. Would you like to make an argument that Rimm X Archie is the OTP?"
(This is terrifying, like cultist door salesman terrifying!)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2022, 12:36:09 am »

(BTW did you see my new character submission? :3 )

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2022, 12:38:00 am »

(BTW did you see my new character submission? :3 )
(Ugh! I nearly forgot thanks!)

Name: Heum N.
Physical Description: A lanky, bald woman, with grey skin and solid black eyes.
Personality: Curious and inquisitive, sometimes amazed by things which are common knowledge. Has an interest in biology.
Backstory: [DATA CORRUPTED - ATTEMPTING RECOVERY - RECOVERY FAILED - RETRYING IN 8 SEC...]

Character Condition
Trust -1
Confidence 1
Stress 2
Sanity 0

Character Attributes
Athletics 1
Intellect 4
Charisma 2
Willpower 2

Character Traits
Curious!
Inured Against Stress
Resistant To Insanity

Character Skills
Anthropology 3
Xenobiology 3
Speech -2
Survival 2
Energy Weapons 1
Communications 2
(Added in!)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2022, 12:49:28 am »

"I consider it an unlikely pairing. Archie does not seem like a quality mate."
T1000 texts you an OK hand emoji and disconnects.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2022, 01:01:37 am »

Beep Boop materializes in a stream of inexpensive blue particle effects.

"Hello! My name is Beep Boop. Apologies if I caught you while you're busy, I... didn't have those troubles with my last host. Would you mind telling me some about yourself? I have some data, but it will be valuable to hear your own words."

Buy both Rimm secrets.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2022, 01:57:23 am »

"Hello! My name is Beep Boop. Apologies if I caught you while you're busy, I... didn't have those troubles with my last host. Would you mind telling me some about yourself? I have some data, but it will be valuable to hear your own words."

Buy both Rimm secrets.

Moving somewhere out of hearing distance, Rimm started talking a bit about herself.
"Let's see... I applied to the Matchmaker program on a whim, because my best friend did so too. Really it was a not-so-serious-why-not spur of the moment decision! Oh yeah, I really wouldn't have applied if Meri hadn't done so, as I was kinda done with relationships after my last date. Let's just say... all my dates ended disastrously, I think I suck at choosing good partners."

Giving herself some peps she continued.
"What else... I'm a student in musical arts, and I haven't thought much of the future. I'm also an only child and, oh right, my parents also met through the Matchmaker program."

-3 InfoCredits

Quote from: C-Broker
Greetings. Thank you for using the CUPID Information Marketplace, I am the CUPID AI Broker.

Three InfoCredits have been substracted from your account.

The requested information has been transferred to your database.

As usual, the relevant information has been bolded for your convenience.

For questions about the services of the CUPID Information Marketplace, please refer to the CUPID Interactive Help.

Spoiler: Rimm the Sociable Gal (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2022, 02:13:16 am »

"Archie, I believe miss Rimm may be somewhat distracted for the remainder of your excursion. I recommend we evaluate your brother's opinion empirically by spending more time getting to know miss Meri."
D, Meri.
"As a secondary focus, the same principle I mentioned a moment ago further implies that you should consider having a chat with Meri's brother. Who knows, if he agrees with mister Denis he may suggest the same thing to her."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2022, 04:28:39 am »

unable to act on the information of Cupid for fear of revocation, Soulbinder let nature take its course. Option A.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2022, 03:29:10 pm »

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius (Day 3: 3rd Opportunity)

"Archie, I believe miss Rimm may be somewhat distracted for the remainder of your excursion. I recommend we evaluate your brother's opinion empirically by spending more time getting to know miss Meri."
D, Meri.
"As a secondary focus, the same principle I mentioned a moment ago further implies that you should consider having a chat with Meri's brother. Who knows, if he agrees with mister Denis he may suggest the same thing to her."

D - Talk with someone else (Meri)

Thinking about it, although they were on a friendly basis Archie and Meri had never really interacted meaningfully beyond small talk. He didn't have a strong impression of this girl with hair of a red shade darker than Rimm's, which in itself was a good thing in Archie's book who usually categorized people in "annoying" and "not annoying". With your suggestion and an annoying image of his brother with a thumb-up in mind, Archie tried to act natural as he approached Meri, who was idly sitting on a bench while chasing away the flies from the food on the table. For this afternoon they had a picnic planned, Leon, Praline and Sean were working on the barbecue, while Denis, Meg and Rimm had gone to get some more snacks and drinks.

"Hey Meri."

"Archie, can I help you?"

She looked up with her dazzling green eyes, causing Archie to feel a bit flustered as he started feeling pressure pile on his shoulders. Not feeling like putting on the social mask, Archie let out a sigh and just spoke frankly.

"I'm just curious about you, we haven't spoken much before?"

An amused chuckle escaped Meri, and she answered with a teasing smile.
"Sure we didn't. Here, have a seat!"

Archie obligated, sitting on the opposite end of the bench. He didn't know where to start, and he started getting worried an awkward silence would ruin the mood. Seemingly picking up on this, Meri took the initiative.
"Mind if I start? I'm also curious, Rimm told me a lot about you! How did you two meet?"

"A few years ago, through an online game. Of course she was the one to add me, though it's only really since this week that I really got to know her." Replied Archie, thanking the perceptive woman in his mind.

Meri continued on the subject with a few questions, asking about what games Archie played, what he enjoyed. As an avid gamer, Archie enthusiastically replied to her questions, and the two spoke about games and hobbies for a while. It was an agreeable conversation, but Archie wasn't aware of the subtle distance Meri was keeping between them: the young woman was adeptly controlling the flow of conversation so that Archie wouldn't feel awkward, and so that she didn't have to say much about herself.

Speaking with Meri, Archie couldn't help but compare her to Rimm. Both were very nice girls, but Meri gave off a more mature and cool feeling than Rimm, and although both were caring and attentive, Rimm was more impulsive while Meri was more composed. She seemed incredibly perceptive and sharp, able to pick up on small cues and act on them before Archie had even realized. It was a feeling close to that of being coddled, it wasn't a bad feeling to have someone take care of the busy work of conversation.

Then out of the blue Archie asked a question unrelated to games, perhaps as he subconsciouslly remembered why he initiated a discussion at first.
"Oh right that comes out of nowhere, but how long you an Rimm have known each others?"

Her gaze softened even more, as if she was looking at distant memories.
"We have known each others all our lives, we are practically sisters. Because of our similar hair, people often thought us for siblings when we were younger, with some even mixing up our names."

"That sounds like a pain. The name mixing I mean."

"Mmh hmm. We got used to it." She said with a cheeky tone.

An appetizing smell wafted their direction as the marinated meat was grilling. While Archie was distracted by the scent of food, Rimm said something he didn't expect based on the flow of conversation.

"I'm glad you are Rimm's friend, you are as great a guy she says."

Taken aback, Archie felt a bit embarrassed. "Come on she is exaggerating."

Her gaze seemed sharper, as if peering into Archie. Her eyes were so pretty Archie felt intimidated and averted his eyes, looking awkwardly at the rising smoke of the barbecue.
"Hmm I don't think so. Sure you are a bit lazy, but your heart is in the right place and you are actually pretty smart. And more importantly, I'm sure you wouldn't hurt her."
"Heh, you speak as if you know more about me than I do."

Pressing further, Meri continued relentless as if to make a point. "I'm confident in my ability to jauge people. For once, there is a good guy she is interested in."

Archie had the feeling that if he turned to look at Meri, he would fall into a trap that he would be unable to get out of. However he wasn't bothered by Meri's inquiries, but his guts was telling him he was on a point of no return. As he was about to turn to look at Meri, he saw Leon waving at him.
"Hey Archie! Can you bring us one of the big plates?"

"Ah yes! I'm bringing it!"

Saved by Leon, Archie stood up. Although he had just talked with Meri, what she said at the end had stirred his feelings. He was thinking a bit more of Rimm than he was used to.

(...)

The rest of the day went by, and Archie got to speak again with Meri. Compared to before it was just meaningless small talk, and for some reason she didn't bring the subject of Rimm's feelings again. By now it was the end of the afternoon, and they had just finished cleaning before leaving.

[Relationship Updated]
+Mutual Opinion with Meri (now Friends)
+Opinion of Rimm from Archie (now ?+++?)

Mission "Starting with friendships" partially completed!
+1 InfoCredit (3/4 friends)

Suggestions:

A - Tell Meri that Archie thinks of Rimm as an important friend [No Difficulty]
Outcome: Archie's Opinion of Rimm set to +++

B - Tell Meri that Archie thinks of Rimm as more than a friend [No Difficulty]
Outcome: Archie's Opinion of Rimm set to ♥

C - Ask Meri about her leg injury [No Difficulty]
Outcome: -Opinion with Meri

D - Ask Sean or Rimm about Meri's leg injury [No Difficulty]
Outcome: None immediate, Archie may have some insight about the situation

E - Ask Meri out on a dinner [4: 6 (Base Difficulty) - 3 (Meri's Opinion) - 2 (Charisma) + 6 (Unwillingness) - 3 (Trust)]
On a success: +Opinion with Meri, will learn Meri's secret
On a failure: -Trust, -Opinion with Meri

F - Ask Leon out on a dinner [1 (No difficulty): 4 (Base Difficulty) - 4 (Leon's Opinion) - 2 (Charisma) + 6 (Unwillingness) - 3 (Trust) - 1 (Pairing)]
On a success: +Opinion with Leon, will progress toward a Pairing

G - Ask Rimm out on a dinner [0 (No difficulty): 4 (Base Difficulty) - 6 (Rimm's Opinion) - 2 (Charisma) + 4 (Unwillingness) - 3 (Trust)]
On a success: +Opinion with Rimm, will progress toward a Pairing

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2022, 03:30:02 pm »

((I'm thinking of adding a base difficulty for interactions with certain characters. I tested it out in Archie's suggestions above))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2022, 03:43:15 pm »

Buy both Rimm secrets.
((Do you wish to interact more or should I move forward to the opportunities?))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18