Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 16207 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 6/?
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2022, 06:52:56 pm »

Doesn't help that the numbers weren't the final threat. Boss Music!

Yeah, I'm not one to hold back when victory is in sight.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 06:54:50 pm by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:30 am »

Tric's latest Tarot cards introduce the following new keywords

New Keywords:
Bloodhand: While this card is in your hand or on your side of the field, each card after the fifth card in your hand at the end of your turn inflicts one damage to you. (e.g. if you have seven cards in your hand at the end of your turn, you would take 2 damage.) A Bloodhanded card may always be discarded.

Fox Strike: When attacking and defending, if your attack would destroy the other card, this card takes no damage (as seen with the Fox card).

True Damage: When attacking or defending, ignore card effects that reduce or negate attack damage.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2022, 01:16:59 pm »

Bit sleepy.. For whatever reason.

As a prelim, reviewing Vengeful Cobra and Praised Lamb. The latter is a card that I feel is a bit too expensive for what it takes to make use of it, especially with it's primary target no longer having any attack to take. I'd rather see it empowered by the presence of other cards and 4/4 stats. Keep Sacrifice for something else, maybe the same skill Heralding Lamb as an upgraded version. (For a three star, it's way outclassed by Lamb's Gravedigger, since you have to sacrifice your own cards to get the stats they had at the time. So you lose attacks for overkill damage.)

Vengeful Cobra is something that just creates an infinite wall off your opponent's high star card. Until that card leaves play might be the better wording just so you can get rid of it, cause sacrificing it doesn't count right now so it would never leave the field. (And if the target is banished by the user of the card, there isn't a way to remove it other than Freeze or flipping it facedown forever.) Or control I guess.

(I'd review Nanite Swarm, but eh. Cobra is something that would have stopped my direct attacks. Be less of an issue if it came back during the end of the turn.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 09:09:44 am by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2022, 09:25:43 am »

Tric wins the bout vs NQT

Spoiler: Rankings (click to show/hide)

Tric and NQT enter the design phase.

I'll rare Wail of the Banshee, and review Nanite Swarm.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2022, 10:01:45 am »

As a question, can we use other people's cards?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2022, 10:07:33 am »

You can use any card in the repository that isn't banned. You'll see Stirk has used Failbird's maids. I had a copy of the Tarot dealer in my deck, I just didn't get to play it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 30, 2022, 04:47:37 pm »

Spoiler: Rebalanced Cards (click to show/hide)

--

Stirk, Failbird, TricMagic, NQT now enter the combat phase

(I think Unraveller's been busy lately, so I'll give him longer in his design phase.)

I'll give players a moment to make any challenges before I assign combatants.

I will announce openly that for my next fight, I will be using an entirely random deck.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2022, 01:43:51 am »

PTW; working on a deck. Is it a faux pas for original cards not to stick to a theme?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2022, 02:05:23 am »

PTW; working on a deck. Is it a faux pas for original cards not to stick to a theme?
Nah, it's perfectly fine. The themes were mostly just for the sake of fun. Though with the use of 'archetypes' having become a lot more common recently using more varied cards can cause disadvantages in some scenarios(though I suppose it can just as easily provide advantages)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2022, 02:28:44 am »

Nah, it's perfectly fine. The themes were mostly just for the sake of fun. Though with the use of 'archetypes' having become a lot more common recently using more varied cards can cause disadvantages in some scenarios(though I suppose it can just as easily provide advantages)
I've never been a fan of archetypes, so that shouldn't matter to me.

Do I have to use the exact decklist I submit with my card designs, or can I update it after finding out which cards (if any) have been rebalanced/disallowed?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:43:56 am by Elephant Parade »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2022, 03:25:05 am »

I've never been a fan of archetypes, so that shouldn't matter to me.

Do I have to use the exact decklist I submit with my card designs, or can I update it after finding out which cards (if any) have been rebalanced/disallowed?
You build your decklist per-battle. That being said, I'd assume if you've already started on a 'battle' you can't change up your deck at that point.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2022, 04:08:43 am »

Great stuff. Just send me the new card designs when you're ready. And yes, you make up your deck after knowing what cards a rare/banned in the design phase, and can change it in between battles (though as FB says, not during a battle).

I find often a theme will emerge in any case (even if its just in the art style or some favoured mechanic).

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2022, 12:56:28 pm »

Designs submitted.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2022, 01:48:22 pm »

By the way, how do you all keep track of your deck during play? Is there a site with the necessary functionality, or am I stuck making a physical deck?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2022, 02:12:15 pm »

I just use Random.org's list randomizer and keep it in a notepad. The computer program, not an actual notepad. Reshuffle as needed if you've got deck searchers.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26