Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 6) (Always open to new players)  (Read 4294 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 2)
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2022, 01:58:48 pm »

The Carnivorous Bush devours quite a few Alpacas over the years, although they procreate fast enough that it doesn't make a real dent in their numbers. The Bush starts to radiate a Spooky Alpaca Aura.

Smoke rises from the volcano and a sliver of magma slips through a crack, but the heavy rains prevent a forest fire.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2022, 02:01:44 pm »

I think that’s magma’s job? Lol

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 03:33:58 pm »

I think that’s magma’s job? Lol

Yes? And it is still my job. Just like there is two madness gods, there are two forces upon the volcano. Yes, I am a force of my own too by technicality, someone needs to make the improbable, probable. And make the volcano explode on schedule.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 04:17:49 pm »

Seeing all the interesting creatures flocking about, Ix decides to try His hand at making one to enjoy all His gifts and more. To this end, the Helgak shall be born. It is a floating, vaguely jellyfish-like mammal that inflates ventral sacs in its body with light gases, floating on the wind when the current is favorable, and sticking closer to the ground when it is not. Four drooping limbs like tentacles or the trunk of an elephant snake down where arms and legs would be, each of them ending in three grasping flaps it can use to grab onto trees and objects to pull itself along, or to feed from fruit, vegetables and unlucky creatures that cross its path. Adult Helgak are roughly as big as a cow. Mothers can carry their young with them, little ones grabbing onto her or other adults and hitching a ride until their gas sacs are fully developed. Helgak communicate through calls and squeaks almost like a pod of dolphins. They are still more or less docile, herding creatures, with side-mounted eyes on their craning heads to look around their bodies for predators. They don't usually attack unless provoked or they are very hungry.

(Think the Zerg Overlord from Starcraft.)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2022, 08:40:46 am »

Cryax:✓

Xorn:✓

Yithr:✓

Urn:

Ix: ✓

Fin: ✓

Shall we proceed, without one of your own?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2022, 08:58:08 am »

I’d give it a couple more hours, incase of time zone issues

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2022, 10:36:35 am »

Urn, having awoken late, scatters spores for a variety of fungus across the island. Many species in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. While most species are small, several can grow into the size of trees in the wet conditions of the swamp/marsh.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2022, 12:09:05 pm »

Urn, having awoken late, scatters spores for a variety of fungus across the island. Many species in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. While most species are small, several can grow into the size of trees in the wet conditions of the swamp/marsh.

Urn: ✓

And that settles it.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2022, 12:18:13 pm »

What will this ending begin, this god wonders.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2022, 12:29:31 pm »

Do you mind if I sig this? XD

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2022, 12:29:58 pm »

Do you mind if I sig this? XD
Go ahead.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2022, 01:03:10 pm »

Wot

I donut Understand

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2022, 01:30:10 pm »

Turn 3

Two gives way to three. Another thousand years pass in the gods' domain, and their influence courses along the alien lands, marking it as clearly of the divine.

Blood. Blood spills. It signifies chaos. It soaks the dirt, smears the fur and reddens sharp teeth. It pleases Cryax. Blood is prayer for them. So they give blessing to those select few beasts which give the most prayer.

These simple animals become sharper, larger, stronger, and more violent in both body and mind with Cryax's gift. They prowl the land, unimpeded by the wet jungle of giant, branchiating palms which have evolved in the meantime, in the presence of more rain.

Why, one may ask. Fin is the one responsible. They had gained a new hobby in the past couple of centuries, it seems. That being bringing rain.

Island now sees periodic monsoon, making it a much wetter place, prompting the evolution of the branchiating fractal palms and a couple of lake systems. Within these lakes, life flourish in the forms of tiny floating marbles of moss that mimic duckweed that feed riverine gulls, and river penguins which chase after river adapted, dwarfed tuna.

The rain is not a kind benefactor, though. Storms are deadly with the wind and floods they bring. Certain birds, such as the numerous kinds of arboreal, songbird-esque descendants of pigeons have learned to nest together in small villages, where they build their enclosed twig basket abodes in a pyramid formation to create a layered attic against the rain and the predatorial gulls of prey. Large, elephan bird-like browser gulls now make themselves crude storm shelters out of the tough trunk fibers and dry leaves of the branch palms, working together to pile them upon eachother.

The volcano rumbles for a bit, and a small stream of lava briefly exists the volcanoes mouth, only to be extinguished by a bout of heavy rain. The small earthquake from the eruption makes a coconut fall, and crushes an unlucky, chicken-like ground gull to death. From this death a group creatures spring up from out of nowhere. These quadropedal, furry animals quickly profilterate and reproduce, soon covering the entire island and causing the extinction of the larger ground gulls, taking their role of tree browsers. All in a days work for Xorn.

Somewhere deep within the forest, watching a yet another gull chicken die to a trap bush, Yithr wonders about the wonders of immortality. Never will Yithr themselves experience death. Why not give this as a gift?

They quickly find out that such a thing can't be made a reality. Something refuses such a being existing, which they sense is stemming from the blood of the mountain, where hides someone they can't quite see. This source of obstruction seemes to be a reasonable person though, as when Yithr instead makes the bush merely live as long as it can, the fireblood spirit gives no resistance.

A trap bush ends up getting the gift of The Mad One. And with no need to worry about age, along with increased vitality from the gift, the bush quickly grows into sizes unnatural to its species, feeding plenty of the now several species of the furry quadrupeds who come to take a bite of it to get its gift. It has absorbed their essence through their consumption as well- the essence of Xorn.

At the opposite side of the island, far away from the reach of the accursed, immortal bush of death, Ix sought to create a being which would inherit all the gifts of theirs. So comes a being as strange as its creator. A heglak, an animal which flies by its sack of light air, grasps by four limbs of flesh that end in three flaps of skin, which sing and speak in chippy tunes and whistles. and carry their young on their bellies. Initially created in numbers as few as a couple of dozen, they soon manage to spread all over the islands forests, invading and taking the niche of tree browsers from the large quadrupeds as just as quickly as they did with the gullstriches, driving them to extinction as well.

One may have noticed the absence of Urn. Because they did notice their self-absence too, awakening themselves from their supposed slumber. In the pleasant haze of their sleepyness and the clarity of a damp, cloudy morning, Urn notices the small specks of dust in the air, all around the island. One particular dot grabs their attention. A seed- no no, an embryo? "...a spore..." says something in the corner of their kind, source coming from deep within the mountains fiery heart.

Urn puts this 'spore' onto soil, watching it germinate into neither a plant nor an animal, but instead a squishy stalk of living thing that grew incredibly fast, only to become a pile of stinking mush that flies lapped at with great pleasure. Urn finds it quite gross pointless. What even was this? "...a stinkhorn...", replies the voice.

This new name gives Urn no real answers. But it also makes them quite curious. By the time they had stopped wondering, these 'stinkhorns' were everywhere on the island, flies and small birds which ate them seemed to be as common as them.

By a whisk of Urn's influence, these weird lifeforms rapidly grow larger, longer lasting varieties, some of which grew as large as trees, that still seeped that sludge, only as small droplets. They grow where trees cannot, in the swamp and and marsh along with the moss. Flies speciate to follow the tasty sludge, and a beetle hunts them in these biomes as the birds cannot.

The island grows in its strangeness by the millenia. The volcano rumbles periodically just before the thousand years pass. Seemingly content to see the island as it is.

How was this? Proceed. The grace period is about to end.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:13:50 am by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 3)
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2022, 01:54:09 pm »

A fine state of affairs. Yithr decides to spend this Cycle reincarnating itself, minus memories, into random organisms in order to gain insight into their lives.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 3)
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2022, 02:19:56 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHA! DELIGHTFUL!

MORE!

FIGHT!

GROW!

EVOLVE!

LIVE AND KILL MORE!

Looking upon his new devotees, Cryax  saw this and said “GOOD.”

He saw the death bush, and said “GOOD.”

He paused, scratched his metaphorical head and realized that there was a chance this bush would steal his divinely given blessings. I like how it acts, but I don’t want it. What do I do? Cryax asked himself.

AHA!

C̸̨̩͕̼̟̥̻̪͖̀͗̇̃̓͋͒̍̀̋̈̂̔̀̐̉̂͒͋̐͒́̑̐̍̐͐͊͒̍̉̌̽̅͘͘͝͠͝Ǫ̴̗̞̭͇̦̱̮͓̬̻͇͚̹̜̬̫͕͉̹̙̳̜̣̣̰̹̻̲̻̤̠́́̉̍ͅŖ̴̡̨̙̹͉̩̖̝͕̥͍̟̤̜̏́̑̑̋̀́̋͂͂͂̋̔̈́̈́̎͑̈́̀̒̔̂̂̃̈́̈́̄͑̒͐̍̒͑͒̚̕̕̚͘͝͝͝ͅR̶̡̨̛̗̭͙̲͕̮̟̜̜̹͓̮̥̱͍̱̼̣͇̫͑̋̏̍͆͆̿̓̈́̓̓̆̈́̏̃̈́͆̀̚̕͘͝͝͠U̶̢̨͔͔̹̼̻̺͎͖̩̝̳͎͖͚͎͔͚̖̭̺̮̜̫̝̹̭̤̹̙̖̦̪͈͇͍͚͓̐̀̍̓̿̈́͆̂̀͛͂̔̊͛̄̿̓͜͜͝͠ͅͅͅP̶̨̢͖̹̙͇̬̫͕̮̜͈̙̩̺͉̗͖͔̜̤̺̦̤͈̝̺̮͚͇̪̗͎̞͓͕̤̪̺̬̜͋̂̿͂̃̕͜͠T̷̡̢͙̻̗͙̠͖̯͙̣̼̘̹̙͔̟͇̮̙̹̖̼̱̞̘̮͔̯̘̪͈̳̮͂͜͜͜ ̷̨̧̧̧̨̛̘̭̦̠̦͈̱̭̟̮͚͉̙̙̬̲͖̣̜̤͍̱͈̐͒̿̉̅͛͐͂̾̈́͛̾͋̓̃̔͑̽̒͘̚͝͝Į̶̡̼͔͔̺̪̦͎͓͔͔̼̰̻̞̣̱͎̪̯̩̫̻̜̘̜̯̻͙̭̪̥̻̉̀̂̾͘ͅͅŢ̸̨̞͓͓͈͕̜̥̟̹̺̣̞̙̱͕͇͗̂̆̊͛͑̈͆̆͗̒͘͘͝

Corrupt and twist the bush into singing my praises and spreading the glory of CRYAX

(Also, check in on my blessed animals, make sure they all good:))

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7