Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 6) (Always open to new players)  (Read 4276 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 1)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 04:26:18 pm »

(Full or still taking players?)

Always taking players.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 04:41:58 pm »

From the deep there came another, Urn of the Depths, who calls forth from his hidden domains in cave and crevice, in night and in the sea, and most of all, from within. His whisper draws in land and sea and sky, each forming their own vast cenote beneath the earth, so that Urn may see what lays beyond his dominion.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 04:51:15 pm »

Synthesize the land with the sea, creating a marsh.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 05:03:59 pm »

Synthesize the land with the sea, creating a marsh.
Synthesize the sea with the land, creating a swamp.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 06:00:26 pm »

Set up some defenses for myself in case any other supernatural creature or arrogant mortal gets any funny ideas about killing ME, Cryax!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 06:44:08 pm »

Set up some defenses for myself in case any other supernatural creature or arrogant mortal gets any funny ideas about killing ME, Cryax!
BOO! FINish them! Cause some discord.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 06:52:12 pm »

BOO! FINish them! Cause some discord.
Complacency. It is noted. This does not serve the Purpose.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 07:51:09 pm »

Ix now brings the gift of Song to the island. Creatures big and small shall find the joy of sound, creating music in their own fashion by knocking on objects or knocking objects on other objects, or by calling out in their own voices. In this manner shall different species also be able to find some common ground, harmonizing their music to create melodies, and remembering these to pass on to their next generation.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 04:21:59 am »

Turn 2

Two thousand years, have passed. In the blink of an eye, too. The mountain is silent as ever.

Urn commands the sea, the land, and the sky, and each of them tunnel inside the island as the force of the insides relishes its new realm. What comes is a expansive series of caves and caverns that are connected to the surface by numerous cenotes that are fed by subterranean rivers, which range from the largest tree to the smallest bird in lenght and width.

Yithr softens an islet they see appopriate, molding its material along with the adjacent shore, to make an very shallow coast that stretches into the ocean. Hills of sand and pebbles roll just beneath the coastal waters, and though its barren for now, Yithr, is sure that won't last.

And yes, it doesn't lasts. Life, aided by the combined influences of Fin and Cryax, make this place home. Soon, from the sea and the waves, a freshly new marsh is formed by a layer of moss. These mosses grow uncontested, and soon create a fuzzy squishy grassland that one can sink their feet in and into the sea. Grubs colonise these new pastures to graze, and predatory land penguins follow them from the adjacent coasts as well.

But as Yithr was sclupting their marsh, the rumble and sound they make attracts Fin, who decides that what was taken, must be added back. So they move towards another islet, but expand it throught the ocean instead, until it touches the main island, creating a saltwater-soaked flat of dirt and mud that gradually fades into the ocean.

Coconuts quickly follow the moisture as they grow downhill towards the new swamp, first getting impeded by the increasing amounts of saltwater, but then quickly adapting in the way of the mangrove, growing large, salt resistant roots, some of which reach to the surface to breathe. And as the wind hits them, they whistle a tune from their leaves, indiscrete and unfocused.

Yes, the trees sing as the wind hits them. Grubs whistle from their many spiracles, tunes as diverse as their species. The birds obviously sing as well, using it to communicate, to intimidate, to attract, to coordinate. By this, the birds and seals outbest eachother throught the centuries, and the grubs and beetles alert eachother to food and danger.

This new gift of song is of Ix, and they enjoy the melodies change their notes and ryhtms as the aura of change shifts them evermore.

In where the gods live, however, Cryax seeks to preserve themselves from dangers. Is this even really necessary? Can Cryax even be harmed in a way that matters? They did not know, but that doesn't stops them from lacing their being with cognitohazards which inspire mental pain on anyone that may try to see them without their permission.

A swarm of pigeons purr in unison, having brought with them some raspberries, via their intestines. These new woody vine plants now cover the palms all over the forests of the island, which have covered all corners of it ever since Urn created their cenotes and have also indirectly caused the formation of several aquifers that have since sprung up to form rivers and streams all across the island.

The island grows. All is well. For now.

You guys want an alien island huh? Alright, that's what you will get.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 10:27:12 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 2)
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 11:02:34 am »

Lay blessings on the most bloodthirsty animals, increasing the power of their bodies and giving them increased intelligence. Get them to sing my praises and dominate all the lesser beings of the puny other gods.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2022, 11:33:56 am »

Xorn, the god of volcanoes, alpacas and left socks awakens from a long slumber.

The volcano of the island begins to rumble. A light earthquake loosens a coconut, which promptly kills a stray rhesus monkey. A flock of Alpacas appears out of nowhere and starts to spread over the island. Farmers capture a few and domesticate them, but most of them remain too wild to tame. Some people report that they can't find their matching right socks, no matter how hard they search.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2022, 12:05:53 pm »

Xorn, the god of volcanoes, alpacas and left socks awakens from a long slumber.

The volcano of the island begins to rumble. A light earthquake loosens a coconut, which promptly kills a stray rhesus monkey. A flock of Alpacas appears out of nowhere and starts to spread over the island. Farmers capture a few and domesticate them, but most of them remain too wild to tame. Some people report that they can't find their matching right socks, no matter how hard they search.

You may want to rethink your actions. There are no humans, or rhesus macaques. Or I could loosely interpret your action in my  own way.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 12:06:01 pm »

Fin feels the land, but no true strife to survive and grow against. And as they form monsoons to rain down and flood the island, forcing those alive to either die or work together.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:45:55 pm by TricMagic »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 12:16:58 pm »

You may want to rethink your actions. There are no humans, or rhesus macaques. Or I could loosely interpret your action in my  own way.
Dang.

The volcano of the island begins to rumble. A light earthquake loosens a coconut, which promptly kills a stray rhesus monkey an unidentified creature. A flock of Alpacas appears out of nowhere and starts to spread over the island. Farmers capture a few and domesticate them, but most of them remain too wild to tame. Some people report that they can't find their matching right socks, no matter how hard they search.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2022, 01:10:20 pm »

Grow a carnivorous bush to a large size and give it a blessing of long life. Ambitious blessed creatures will be drawn in by a desire to take the blessing for themselves. The bush then devours them and synthesizes the stolen blessing with its own.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7