Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47792 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #1005 on: September 27, 2022, 11:08:02 pm »

List of everybody and how Jim feels about them roughly categorized about who I want to lynch:

Don't lynch:
ToonyMan - One of the most active players and doing the most work into solving the game. Also a claimed vigilante. The longer ToonyMan is in the game the greater chance the town has to win, most likely.
Vector - Vector doesn't put Persus13 as one of two kill candidates if they're on a team with Persus13. I'd normally be annoyed about their activity but this level is pretty typical for town Vector's recent showings.
Lenglon - Claimed third party. One of the most active players and engaged in the game. I wish they would stop arguing with hector13 holy crap I am sick of reading about that.

Not great interest in lynching:
Knightwing64 - This is Proc Gen 4 Mafia Knightwing64. I'd find it hard to say that Knightwing64 is being duplicitous about all the information he's claimed. Could be the Evil Devil Summoning Witch. I could believe this is a variation on the Devil from older Supernaturals including win condition since having to survive until Day 4 and have everybody accept devil deals is an absurdly difficult win condition to achieve. From what Knightwing64 claims it sounds almost like a uniquely flavored vigilante but I suppose SK also works with 'Devil but actually capable' role he seems to have.
Maximum Spin - Blocked NQT and therefore not likely to be Persus13's killer. Has complained about Knightwing64 the Evil Devil Summoning Witch all game long before deciding getting one of Knightwing64's devil deals is actually perfectly fine. I have a lot of confusion about this slot although my feeling is still that he isn't scum.
notquitethere - At start of Day 2 notquitethere along with hector13 were my gut feel partners for Persus13. Having a decent showing lately in Day 2 so I feel a bit better about him.
hector13 - Has spent a great deal of time arguing with Lenglon over stupid shit I don't care about. One of my gut feel scum partner reads for Persus13 at the start of Day 2. Recipient of Persus13's absolutely do nothing tunnel on Day 1 with a case I don't think was particularly good; my first thought after seeing Persus13's flip was that it was Persus13 giving himself cover by voting his scumbuddy. Roleclaim feels fishy to me since my role and it seems like other roles as well aren't lifted straight from the possible town role list, but hector13 is getting information about roles straight from the possible town role list. Despite my misgivings about his role he responded with numbers when challenged. He'll either be proven correct with his claims or pretty quickly be proven full of crap.
4maskwolf - Completely unreadable. Hasn't really been around much. Played a bit just now. I don't hate what I see when he plays but then I never do.
EuchreJack - Is trying to get me lynched for some reason. Case appears to be that of TricMagic voters I'm likeliest to be scum; not really clear on the details beyond that. Is at least trying to push the case but I doubt it goes anywhere. Is defending Egan_BW with a bad meta read. I forget who pointed it out (I think it was ToonyMan) but the timing of when EuchreJack starts defending Egan_BW corresponds very closely to when Egan_BW started having a serious wagon formed on them. If it weren't for interactions around Egan_BW and what ToonyMan pointed out I'd probably read EuchreJack more strongly as town.

Some interest in lynching:
Egan_BW - Wants to revive TricMagic for some stupid reason. A likelier Persus13 killer than others. Has kind of disappeared during Day 2. Appeared to tease that he had some involvement in Persus13's death before denying it altogether in a very strange sequence. Lynching Egan_BW stops him from reviving TricMagic which I don't really want to see happen. That's a benefit of lynching him but would be a bad reason on its own.

I'm probably a few players short of all the Evil actually in the game so at some point I need to promote people into the some interest in lynching category. I probably pick hector13, notquitethere, or EuchreJack before I pick Knightwing64, Maximum Spin or 4maskwolf but a lot of that depends on what information becomes available as the game develops.

Anyways what I'm really doing for the most part is just sheeping ToonyMan, which will probably lead me to success more reliably than if I bothered with reads of my own. Egan_BW.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 27, 2022, 11:37:42 pm »

Jim how can I help you read me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 27, 2022, 11:42:36 pm »

Could you develop distinct town and scum playstyles with easy to pick up cues unique to either playstyle?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 27, 2022, 11:44:06 pm »

Could you develop distinct town and scum playstyles with easy to pick up cues unique to either playstyle?
Anything for you Jimmy <3

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 28, 2022, 04:34:59 am »

Maximum Spin - Blocked NQT and therefore not likely to be Persus13's killer. Has complained about Knightwing64 the Evil Devil Summoning Witch all game long before deciding getting one of Knightwing64's devil deals is actually perfectly fine. I have a lot of confusion about this slot although my feeling is still that he isn't scum.
This confusion is totally fair but I honestly did just... decide it was actually perfectly fine.
I woke up this morning, saw Knightwing posting, and thought, you know what, this is actually a totally viable strategy. I would have benefited from voting him out, but I didn't NEED to.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 28, 2022, 08:51:18 am »

I’m not going to post as much incase my power goes out and I actually need to save it for important things, I’ll still post, it just won’t be as much, sry

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 28, 2022, 09:58:08 am »

Eurgh my kid got me sick.

We’re getting toward day end, I’m going to continue not voting in case others want to drop reads lists (EJ, for example…) but still maintain intent to vote Egan, with EJ as a second choice.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 28, 2022, 10:38:16 am »

I don't know what else to add today unless Egan takes up my offer.

Anybody have anything they wanted to look into?

I'll be away after work, but should be home before day end.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 28, 2022, 11:43:06 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW     --4-- ToonyMan*, Jim Groovester*, Vector*, notquitethere*,
notquitethere  --3-- Lenglon*, 4maskwolf*, Maximum Spin*,
Jim Groovester --1-- EuchreJack*,
4maskwolf      --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
hector13       --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
Lenglon        --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
Vector         --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --3-- Egan_BW*, hector13, Knightwing64*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (8 hours and 16 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 28, 2022, 12:21:51 pm »

I'm getting pissed off that trying to prevent mislynchs is a scumtell. As Town, avoiding Townie lynches is my job.

Only reason I don't suspect Toony is because I believe his Vigilante claim.

Counterpoint: Maybe we WANT Egan to complete the resurrection, as it might otherwise be a fake claim?

Based upon the information available from the Devil Deal, it appears the setup is NOT Bastard, and thus Egan should know at least whether or not the resurrected party is guaranteed to keep alignment. Why has nobody asked this?!

@Egan_BW: Answer this, or I'll Lynch you myself. What do you know about your Resurrection? Were you told anything about the alignment of the Resurrected party? Do they return changed in any way? Can you do it more than once? Could you be doing something else of value?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 28, 2022, 12:23:27 pm »

I'll be around for End Of Day.
My Lynchs are NQT, Jim, or Egan if no response.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 28, 2022, 12:25:17 pm »

I’m not sure how you can suggest Egan is a mislynch in one post and then say he’s someone you want to eliminate in the next, unless the pressure in my sinuses is making me miss something?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 28, 2022, 12:34:00 pm »

Egan_BW

I don't even care if someone hammers right now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 28, 2022, 12:41:36 pm »

I'm getting pissed off that trying to prevent mislynchs is a scumtell. As Town, avoiding Townie lynches is my job.

Only reason I don't suspect Toony is because I believe his Vigilante claim.

Counterpoint: Maybe we WANT Egan to complete the resurrection, as it might otherwise be a fake claim?

Based upon the information available from the Devil Deal, it appears the setup is NOT Bastard, and thus Egan should know at least whether or not the resurrected party is guaranteed to keep alignment. Why has nobody asked this?!

@Egan_BW: Answer this, or I'll Lynch you myself. What do you know about your Resurrection? Were you told anything about the alignment of the Resurrected party? Do they return changed in any way? Can you do it more than once? Could you be doing something else of value?
Supernatural games have the results of their resurrections preset, but the player is not informed what the outcome will be. There is no guarantee that the resurrection will go off without a hitch, no.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 28, 2022, 12:52:36 pm »

I mean, sure, letting Egan_BW complete the resurrection would prove that it's not a fakeclaim, but I already believe Egan_BW about the rez and I don't think anybody was suggesting that it was a fakeclaim anyway, until you did just now.

Shouldn't you be trying to convince people that Egan_BW is a bad lynch because they're town and not because it's worthwhile to give them an opportunity to prove their role (which wouldn't say anything about their alignment anyway)?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 102