Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47536 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #855 on: September 26, 2022, 06:41:57 pm »

update 4 of N1 actions:
notquitethere -- unclaimed action, Roleblocked by Max
Knightwing64     -- Offered Jack a Devil Deal
Maximum Spin     -- Roleblocked NQT
4maskwolf        -- Transformed Lenglon into someone that can Jailkeep
Egan_BW          -- No Action, currently reviving Tric At Day's End
EuchreJack       -- Stole roleblock + prevent mafiakill from Max, got another Monster ability (undisclosed).
hector13         -- received three role names, and how many of each there are in the game. The roles received were Mystic, Wizard, and Sage.
Jim Groovester   -- Lookout (or Watch) on Hector, nobody visited Hector.
Lenglon          -- Bug Max (action succeeded), gift monster action of NQT's to Jack
ToonyMan         -- Tracked Vector, claims Vector no-visited
Vector           -- no-actioned, limited kills to Perseus and Hector as D1 action, seen as no-visiting by Toony.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 26, 2022, 06:43:29 pm »

ERROR in above:
NQT's attempted night action: "N1, I was going to destroy Tric's corpse as resurrections are like 50/50 anti-town, and zombie killers have been a thing in other games."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 26, 2022, 06:44:56 pm »

I find it curious how hard Jack is defending Egan when Egan is my top suspect for killing Persus.

It's possible someone else killed Persus, but my money is on Egan. I really want to hear from them more.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 26, 2022, 06:45:02 pm »

I'm a priest. I'm here because my father was persecuted. I changed my name and appearance to protect myself, which seems like enough of a flavor tip off that I shouldn't tell you more.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 26, 2022, 06:46:49 pm »

I find it curious how hard Jack is defending Egan when Egan is my top suspect for killing Persus.

It's possible someone else killed Persus, but my money is on Egan. I really want to hear from them more.

I've said my bit. I don't have night actions. Finding the killer is fine by me, but I'm not it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 26, 2022, 06:48:48 pm »

If Egan doesn't return by end of day, we can certainly take that as an admission of guilt. So good strategy. NINJA EDIT: Hi Egan

@Lenglon: I revealed the Monster Ability that I got from NQT - Bind Souls- Two targets each redirected to each other.

Which by the way, seems awfully weak for a single use Town power that carries the Monster tag. It's more likely to tie up or kill Town. But in Mafia/SK hands, a potent weapon to cripple town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 26, 2022, 06:51:25 pm »

@Egan:
Thank you for the role flavor.

I've said my bit. I don't have night actions. Finding the killer is fine by me, but I'm not it.
Then who? I'm voting you unless we can find them. Let's work together on this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 26, 2022, 06:53:13 pm »

Jack: sadly, and much as I want NQT lynched, that doesn't actually track, because when I was a pixie I had an ability that made two targets swap actions, but not targets, as my 1-shot super (I had planned on holding it for lategame and so I didn't get to use it, figured using it early would just make night actions a mess.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 26, 2022, 06:55:19 pm »

update 5 of N1 actions:
notquitethere -- attempted to destroy Tric's body, Roleblocked by Max
Knightwing64     -- Offered Jack a Devil Deal
Maximum Spin     -- Roleblocked NQT
4maskwolf        -- Transformed Lenglon into someone that can Jailkeep
Egan_BW          -- No Action, currently reviving Tric At Day's End
EuchreJack       -- Stole roleblock + prevent mafiakill from Max, got another Monster ability (Bind Souls, redirects two targets to each other).
hector13         -- received three role names, and how many of each there are in the game. The roles received were Mystic, Wizard, and Sage.
Jim Groovester   -- Lookout (or Watch) on Hector, nobody visited Hector.
Lenglon          -- Bug Max (action succeeded), gift monster action of NQT's to Jack
ToonyMan         -- Tracked Vector, claims Vector no-visited
Vector           -- no-actioned, limited kills to Perseus and Hector as D1 action, seen as no-visiting by Toony.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 26, 2022, 06:56:28 pm »

Scum having a revival ability seems weird, that seems like more of a townie ability, am I wrong?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 26, 2022, 06:59:04 pm »

Scum having a revival ability seems weird, that seems like more of a townie ability, am I wrong?
Because past Supernatural games have had revives be "revived but silently came back Evil", you are wrong.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 26, 2022, 07:00:26 pm »

Web has a boner for making the game hard to mechanically solve. I think we need to rely on a combo of behavior + mechanical claiming, not trying to read into flavor.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 26, 2022, 07:02:35 pm »

@Vector:
On D1 you said you were 85% sure NQT was town and that Jack was being his scum self.

Can you reflect on both these players for D2 so far?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 26, 2022, 07:03:22 pm »

@Max & Knightwing64: Could we de-escalate your feud and have you both vote Jim? First to switch gets FREE Townpoints!

Because past Supernatural games have had revives be "revived but silently came back Evil", you are wrong.
The Reviver should know whether or not we can be sure of the revived remaining Town. Presumably, a Priest would revive Town as Town. So, if Egan is Town, then the revival is safe. Otherwise, Egan is just a lying death cultist.

Web has a boner for making the game hard to mechanically solve. I think we need to rely on a combo of behavior + mechanical claiming, not trying to read into flavor.
+1 (please don't kill me!)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 26, 2022, 07:04:38 pm »

@Vector:
On D1 you said you were 85% sure NQT was town and that Jack was being his scum self.

Can you reflect on both these players for D2 so far?

I'm happy to pay close attention to them in the reread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 102