Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47715 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Night 1: Sacrificial Lambs [12 / 13]
« Reply #585 on: September 25, 2022, 12:46:35 pm »

You exit your lodges and see a gruesome site.  As predicted, Persus13 has been killed during the Night, a lamb left out to slaughter.  You mourn the loss of your fellow cultist when The Elder steps out of the Main Hall.

“Splendid, Children!  Splendid!  You’ve found one of the evil monsters!”  They move towards the body, and you finally get a proper view.

Persus13’s body looks more alien than the Persus13 you remember.  His features are longer, distorted as if stretched to fit someone taller and leaner.  You see that his belly has been cut open and several organs and what appear to be feathers and wings have been arranged–meticulously, you might add–in a circle around him in what appears to be some type of ritual sacrifice.

The Elder nudges the scene with Their feet, speaking as They do.  “Yes, an Archon.  A Magistrate at that, the strongest of Mystics.  Truly a being of immense strength and power.  It wishes to rule over those it sees as inferior, which is, well, everyone.”  The Elder pauses a moment before adding.  “It is a real shame that they could not have seen the Burning Sun.”

The Elder leaves as several Children clean up the scene, moving the body towards a makeshift graveyard on the grounds, presumably with TricMagic's body, as well.

After breakfast, you exit the Main Hall to see the Burning Sun once more, and prepare to find more monsters.

Persus13 has been killed.

Persus13 was an Archon Magistrate (Evil).

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
Egan_BW - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 11 - 4maskwolf, Egan_BW, EuchreJack, hector13, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, ToonyMan, Vector,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~79 hours remaining).

It is now Day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #586 on: September 25, 2022, 12:52:34 pm »

Claim: Jack, last night you gained a new ability with a monster tag. That ability is a copy of an ability NQT had. Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.

Max: did you change me last night? I'm not really a fan of the new look.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 25, 2022, 01:27:18 pm »

I went to bed last night with a good candidate for lynching and woke up to see you lot shifted onto Tric instead. Anyone want to explain why?

I'm in two minds whether the vig should claim the Persus kill (good job btw)— if it even is a vig. Anyone recognise the kill description?

Lenglon, why empower Max?????

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 25, 2022, 01:28:30 pm »

Huh.

This went way better then I expected or hoped. Sweet

One evil done

? To go

Alls well that ends well, sad about Tric. I knew he was acting too scummy to actually be scum

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 25, 2022, 01:30:35 pm »

Obligatory Bah post. Looking forward to reading this game without needing to play.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 25, 2022, 01:31:49 pm »

Lenglon, why empower Max?????
I didn't empower Max. I ensured Max didn't change alignment. These aren't even related.

So why didn't you claim your monster abilities yesterday NQT?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 25, 2022, 01:33:09 pm »

Evil obviously doesn't (intentionally) shoot themselves here. Were they redirected to Persus13, or was there a town-aligned or third party aligned kill that targeted him directly?

Was there an attempt on hector13?

Claim: Jack, last night you gained a new ability with a monster tag. That ability is a copy of an ability NQT had.

Hmmmm.

Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.

Are you still honoring your post restriction for Day 2?

I went to bed last night with a good candidate for lynching and woke up to see you lot shifted onto Tric instead. Anyone want to explain why?

Didn't want to see Max lynched.

Anyone recognise the kill description?

Negative. Rituals are bad news though.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 25, 2022, 01:33:17 pm »

I’m curious about what your role actually did.

Sounds like a cult leader type of thing.

And yes, I know you cannot answer

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 25, 2022, 01:34:27 pm »

It says that there were feathers inside of them, so maybe some kind of monster Hunter angel thinge? Is there a precedent for that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 25, 2022, 01:35:12 pm »

I'm not happy Tric was town, but I'm happy they don't have the opportunity to protect mafia now.

My prediction was that Persus would die and that Hector was actually town so this is completely not what I expected.

Claim: Jack, last night you gained a new ability with a monster tag. That ability is a copy of an ability NQT had. Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.
I am extremely suspicious of NQT for not claiming they have an ability with a monster tag.

Didn't feel like doing that after Lenglon and Max did?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 25, 2022, 01:36:19 pm »

Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.
Are you still honoring your post restriction for Day 2?
The change I experienced last night removed that restriction apparently, but I'm currently still honoring it on the off-chance that it's a temporary change, because I do not like this new look. amongst other things, I can't ensure Max doesn't change alignment in following nights right now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 25, 2022, 01:38:48 pm »

I'm in two minds whether the vig should claim the Persus kill (good job btw)— if it even is a vig. Anyone recognise the kill description?
I'm kind of suspicious of the kill as I don't believe it was a vig, or at least, not town.

I'm relatively confident town didn't kill Persus.

I'm also not sure what happened to the actual mafia kill unless both Hector and Persus are mafia, which I don't really believe.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 25, 2022, 01:40:02 pm »

My prediction was that Persus would die and that Hector was actually town so this is completely not what I expected.
Persus would die and flip town*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 25, 2022, 01:41:06 pm »

Ppf

Lenglon, There are likely scum abilities that are running off of monster tags, less info I give scum on that the better. But look, if I'm totally honest, I missed the tag on that ability right at the start of the game, and I assumed monster tags would necessarily be werebear type stuff being monstrous, when it's clear to me now that that's not the case. Like, the ability and my role in general is clearly not monstrous. Quite the opposite.

--

Also, I said before that my comprehension was bad recently with a cold, but today I actually tested positive for covid for the first time. Feeling headachey but mostly okay. Not telling everyone this just to evince sympathy but just that please don't expect me to go my full above and beyond like usual. First person demanding a chart gets voted.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 25, 2022, 01:43:54 pm »

Could it also be that the mafia killed Persus who is just an Evil third-party here?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 102