Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47447 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2022, 06:28:03 pm »

Toony.

If Tricmagic is my wolf buddy who on earth would give me a good case on him lol.
I think my case still works on you even if Tric is town.

I know Tric is the hat man because I played in that game lol. It was so memetic that literally the last game played was based on it. At the time I was rereading Supernatural 10 (which I note later to Lenglon) to try and get a read on someone else and also saw that Tric open claimed in his first post that game too (I'd remembered he'd claimed awkwardly but I didn't remember it was so damn early).
If that's true, then when I asked you about Tric, why did you say you have no thoughts about Tric at all besides he didn't fit the MU mold?

My case on him was influenced by other people's firmer belief that this odd behavior was wolf-indicative.
Fair enough.

Also like... I'm allowed to do research and come to a different conclusion after saying I have no opinion. I said I had no opinion because I didn't, thought on it some and did some research, and came to a conclusion in real time.
I see. You spent the next three hours between 4:46pm and 7:59pm EST reading older game threads with Tric in them.

I still find your reaction suspicious.

If Tric is indeed a wolf I'm fairly happy to be eliminated D2 because I genuinely can't tell whether I'll help or harm the town if I accidentally target a wolf with my role, and I do acknowledge that the downright fucking bizarre way Tric has played around my slot seems teamed, but I have literally no idea what Tric was doing. I'd argue that if I was wolfing with Tric, that little stunt of copying my starting post like that would have annoyed me enough that I'd remember it and wouldn't have to be reminded of it by Tric himself, but YMMV.
Hmmm. You genuinely don't remember Tric copying your opening post, but when Tric reminds you about yeet you do?

I really don't want to believe you here.

You say this:
The only thing that comes to mind is I feel like I’d have remembered at least one of his posts by now, but I haven’t.
And I just can't believe you wouldn't remember a player copying your first post. I'm pretty sure I would remember unless I wasn't taking the game seriously or I was lying. Was Tric that forgettable?
I think you and I have different levels of notability for things like that. Copypastas and random start of game memery are bog standard in a lot of MU games so things like "a player copied my post word for word" is not something I'm going to immediately jump to as standing out, but will remember if I'm reminded.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2022, 06:29:28 pm »

Like, variations on "No I'm Spartacus!" shenanigans are pretty common so it only became notable when Tric continued to play weirdly around my slot.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2022, 06:31:38 pm »

I thought Max was the one who said their was three witches?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2022, 06:35:55 pm »

I think my case still works on you even if Tric is town.
Toony: I don't see this, but I think I'm probably missing something obvious. Could you please link or summarize how your case on 4mask still works with Tric as town?
I don't believe 4mask is being honest with their feelings.

I think you and I have different levels of notability for things like that. Copypastas and random start of game memery are bog standard in a lot of MU games so things like "a player copied my post word for word" is not something I'm going to immediately jump to as standing out, but will remember if I'm reminded.
Counterpoint: There's far less posts to read in a game like this, correct?

In addition, can you state the order of events for me? From the point you had no thoughts about Tric to knowing he's the Hat memelord. What did you do exactly?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2022, 06:37:53 pm »

I know Tric is the hat man because I played in that game lol. It was so memetic that literally the last game played was based on it. At the time I was rereading Supernatural 10 (which I note later to Lenglon) to try and get a read on someone else and also saw that Tric open claimed in his first post that game too (I'd remembered he'd claimed awkwardly but I didn't remember it was so damn early).
If that's true, then when I asked you about Tric, why did you say you have no thoughts about Tric at all besides he didn't fit the MU mold?
Also this still.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 23, 2022, 06:49:34 pm »

You asked me what my thoughts on Tricmagic were.

I realized I didn't have any thoughts on Tricmagic this game, that that was odd, and so reported that and went to read some posts, both in this game and others.

Also I'm going to stop you right there on the whole "well you knew Tric was the hat memelord so why did you have no thoughts" because that's a nonsense line of argument and I'd like to think you know that. When I was asked what my thoughts on Tric were, I assume I'm being asked "what are your thoughts on Tric this game" and not "What do you know about Tricmagic, the player, across all of his games at this point in time", and I don't think any reasonable person would come to a different conclusion. There is literally no disconnect between me not having immediate thoughts on Tricmagic this game and knowing Tricmagic's reputation and a little bit of meta. Nor is there a disconnect between Tricmagic playing outside of the playstyle I'm comfortable reading and me having a very small amount of meta knowledge that other people said meant Tric was wolf indicative.

In the intervening period while I was doing other things and reading a couple other games for context (mostly not about Tric, to be fair) Tric made a few posts and reading through them I got a sense of "Tric seems really calm, collected, and is only really engaging with the game when other people talk about him" and it brought up memories of his other posts which were similarly unremarkable so I'd filed them away as irrelevant. That, combined with other people saying Tric's behavior was weird on a meta level and wolf indicative and me realizing how early he tried to psuedo-claim in Supernatural 10 gave me bad vibes, so I voted there.

You're acting like less posts means I'm going to store most of the posts in the game for active recall but that's... not really how my memory works? I don't know if this is a "my ADHD brain" problem or a just a thing for everyone but if it doesn't stand out to me I'm not going to recall anything about it on the spot unless something else connects to that memory. For example, Tric saying yeet brought up the memory of his posts at the start of the game, or the sensation of passiveness I got from his posts reminding me of how he'd felt kinda reactive all game.

Also this still.
Because I didn't at the time. See the big paragraph above.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 23, 2022, 06:55:50 pm »

In the intervening period while I was doing other things and reading a couple other games for context (mostly not about Tric, to be fair) Tric made a few posts and reading through them I got a sense of "Tric seems really calm, collected, and is only really engaging with the game when other people talk about him" and it brought up memories of his other posts which were similarly unremarkable so I'd filed them away as irrelevant.
Which games?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 23, 2022, 06:59:28 pm »

In the intervening period while I was doing other things and reading a couple other games for context (mostly not about Tric, to be fair) Tric made a few posts and reading through them I got a sense of "Tric seems really calm, collected, and is only really engaging with the game when other people talk about him" and it brought up memories of his other posts which were similarly unremarkable so I'd filed them away as irrelevant.
Which games?
Mostly Supernatural 10 because a) last supernatural and b) I look back on that game fondly but some of Wuba's Simple BYOR 2.

If you want to know how bad my memory is I had to actually go back and look to see which games were colored as being clicked on to jog my memory of what the other game was.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 23, 2022, 07:07:40 pm »

Go figure, I melodramatically announce my exit and the game gets extended long enough for me to be back in time anyway. I don't really have anything new to say though. I would prefer not to be lynched because I think my role will be helpful.
You're acting like less posts means I'm going to store most of the posts in the game for active recall but that's... not really how my memory works? I don't know if this is a "my ADHD brain" problem or a just a thing for everyone but if it doesn't stand out to me I'm not going to recall anything about it on the spot unless something else connects to that memory. For example, Tric saying yeet brought up the memory of his posts at the start of the game, or the sensation of passiveness I got from his posts reminding me of how he'd felt kinda reactive all game.
Yeah, I definitely get the same impression that some people expect way too much detailed recall of every post. I don't think it's ADHD though, I'm pretty sure that's "totally normal". That's how memory is supposed to work.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 23, 2022, 07:10:01 pm »

Also I'm going to stop you right there on the whole "well you knew Tric was the hat memelord so why did you have no thoughts" because that's a nonsense line of argument and I'd like to think you know that. When I was asked what my thoughts on Tric were, I assume I'm being asked "what are your thoughts on Tric this game" and not "What do you know about Tricmagic, the player, across all of his games at this point in time", and I don't think any reasonable person would come to a different conclusion. There is literally no disconnect between me not having immediate thoughts on Tricmagic this game and knowing Tricmagic's reputation and a little bit of meta. Nor is there a disconnect between Tricmagic playing outside of the playstyle I'm comfortable reading and me having a very small amount of meta knowledge that other people said meant Tric was wolf indicative.
I agree it's not suspicious to say you have no read of Tric at that point. I think it's suspicious you claimed to have no read of Tric because he was outside the MU mold you were used to, but then after you appear to know Tric's meta quite well even without the intervening research period.

Which games?
Mostly Supernatural 10 because a) last supernatural and b) I look back on that game fondly but some of Wuba's Simple BYOR 2.

If you want to know how bad my memory is I had to actually go back and look to see which games were colored as being clicked on to jog my memory of what the other game was.
Okay. Do you remember any specific posts by Tric in S10 or SBYOR2 where he struck you as calm, collected, and only engaging when people talked to him?

I don't remember Tric being like that in Supernatural 10.

I didn't really read SBYOR2, but Tric won that as mafia right?

*checks*

No...Tric was town in both of those games.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 23, 2022, 07:15:33 pm »

@4mask:
I messed up. I thought you meant this game for Wuba's Simple BYOR 2, but you meant the game where you were mafia with NQT. I think the point still stands because Tric was town there as well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 23, 2022, 07:24:08 pm »

I agree it's not suspicious to say you have no read of Tric at that point. I think it's suspicious you claimed to have no read of Tric because he was outside the MU mold you were used to, but then after you appear to know Tric's meta quite well even without the intervening research period.

Which games?

Okay. Do you remember any specific posts by Tric in S10 or SBYOR2 where he struck you as calm, collected, and only engaging when people talked to him?

I don't remember Tric being like that in Supernatural 10.

I didn't really read SBYOR2, but Tric won that as mafia right?

*checks*

No...Tric was town in both of those games.
Thatsthepoint.jpg.

Tric being calm and collected was unusual. Him being passive about his role was unusual. And other people agreed that it was unusual and said it was wolfy unusual, and given that Tric was town in both games where he was very screwy and very roleclaimey made me agree.

Also I played most of my recent games on MU so my brain is still stuck on reading people MU style, sue me. I had no read on him, then I sheeped other people's meta reads on him that lined up with the conclusions I'd come to. That's literally all there is to it, you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Not even a molehill, out of nothing.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 23, 2022, 07:48:47 pm »

I don't have anything else to add to that. You're free to continue playing a MMO or whatever.

I hope I'm not scaring players away from day end, but I wanted to grill 4mask before day end with some questions I had. I don't plan on moving my vote still.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 23, 2022, 07:51:20 pm »

@Max: What votes you gonna make to save yourself?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 102