Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47311 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #480 on: September 23, 2022, 05:29:18 pm »

I mean, I know quite a few players that are town:
Egan_BW
??? You feel that strongly about Egan?

Some are probably town:
4mask...seriously, am I the ONLY one that read 5head's Champs Game?
I did not read this game. Can you explain?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 23, 2022, 05:32:52 pm »

NQT, do you believe Maximum Spin when he says he's potentially convertible by the evil devil summoning witch?

If you do, do you think he could be both potentially convertible and scum?

4mask...seriously, am I the ONLY one that read 5head's Champs Game?

I did. Well, parts of it.

4maskwolf was very engaged in that game. What would you say his engagement in this game compared to that one is?

I know we are absolutely not as active as those games.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 23, 2022, 05:33:47 pm »

NQT, do you believe Maximum Spin when he says he's potentially convertible by the evil devil summoning witch?

hector13, same question.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 23, 2022, 05:38:24 pm »

hector13, same question.
I am now thinking Max is a werebear of some sort hoping to get people to visit and die now that they're on the chopping block.

Was going to save this question, but what's your thoughts on that Lenglon?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 23, 2022, 05:42:33 pm »

That one post of Toony's that I pulled was excellent. Combine with 4mask's lack of self-defense . . . that's a very compelling D1 pick.

4mask did make a post which I wish to respond to now that I'm more free, but yeah.

To be clear, I don't mean to say that he said nothing. I'm saying the D1 standard, to defend oneself and then make a strong post on a different candidate, has not been reached. I don't feel remotely satisfied by his defense.

But I really don't know about the rest. And they're not really viable lynch candidates.

There's exactly three players remaining who you didn't list as cleared: Jim, Hector, and NQT. So, do you feel that that's your scumteam?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 23, 2022, 05:44:32 pm »

Okay before I respond to 4mask I really want to disect this Tric post.

First, 4mask hasn't rally shown anything that makes me suspect him.
Fair enough, so would you put 4mask in a middle-range? You don't suspect them, but don't townread them either?

Second, that was not my starting scum team pairing. Saying so is disingenuous since I came to that conclusion after reading all the posts.
It sure fucking was, this is your second post of the game unless I missed it:
I want to vote Hector for fundamentally disagreeing with what they're saying, but I don't know if that makes them scum. They haven't done the scumtell I've picked up on from last game so I think they're okay. I will say it if I pick up on it.

I'll vote TricMagic, what's going on dude? Gonna claim Knight again?
No, gonna claim
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for me up to this post. I'm going to put my suspisions on Max/Jack/Toony as the 3p team. Toony is last, Max is first.

Well, not really, but why vote me?
Your first post is the Yeet one.

You have had Max/Jack/Toony as your scumteam since we've started playing.

Third, that single sentence just makes me double-down even harder since you'd really like to push others into thinking it's crazy.
It's at least quite wrong.

Also, saying Max is probably town is very distancing. Their latest reveal Just means they are going to get converted, but it's also a manner to put pressure on Lenglon by saying there is a team of monsters. How would they know that?
Do you believe Max can be converted? Because you sound like you do here and that makes him unlikely to be mafia.

nin. Max doesn't really have anything to get out of this lynch, so they spill something false and then retire for the day to stop giving info. If they survive, great! If they don't, they've no longer given any info on their teammates we could get out of them.
True or false, which is it Tric?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 23, 2022, 05:47:07 pm »

Comparing my game to the champs game is fucking weird, other than the obvious parallel of "everyone wants to kill 4mask but sike 4mask is actually town lol".

MU meta is entirely different to the meta here. A big part of play, especially on D1, is real-timing with people to try and develop a solid core of townies and then eliminating wolves from there, but with the slower and more scumhunting focused meta here that's not really a thing. Also the games are generally way faster paced and you end up real-timing with people a whole bunch to shape your opinions on them, which again is not how we play here.

So there's not really much value in comparing my games beyond super broad strokes because I am, definitionally, going to play differently in two vastly different metas.

NQT: There are three top wagons. One is me, which I don't want. One is you, which I don't want, especially after looking over your stuff with fresh eyes this morning. And one is Max who is already at L-2 and I'm not a huge fan of D1 hammers. So I'm not in any super huge rush to consolidate my vote considering that I'll be here (although playing FFXIV) until day end.

I'm also, y'know, my usual level of detached from D1 on Bay12. I've been on mafia hiatus for a while due to burnout and I'm still pretty burned out so hyperposting aggressive 4mask was never going to come out D1 this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 23, 2022, 05:48:32 pm »

I want to vote Hector for fundamentally disagreeing with what they're saying, but I don't know if that makes them scum. They haven't done the scumtell I've picked up on from last game so I think they're okay. I will say it if I pick up on it.
This reminds me: Hector has not done the scumtell I've been thinking of so far.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2022, 05:50:54 pm »

I am now thinking Max is a werebear of some sort hoping to get people to visit and die now that they're on the chopping block.

If you're suggesting that Maximum Spin is a third party,

my win condition says nothing about eliminating anything but Evil. Players trying to eliminate third party players without evidence that they're actually hostile are not playing to the Good (with a capital G) win condition.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2022, 05:53:25 pm »

hector13, same question.

Tric and his werebears lol...

Tric werebears are generally a town-aligned role lol. It was just one specific case where they weren't and given this is a Wuba game I'm not sure we'll see it this time around.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2022, 06:05:03 pm »

You make a fair point there Jim.

I don’t like the point though :(

Spoiler: bananas speculation (click to show/hide)

Not rightly sure how to approach the voting nonsense as me unvoting Max and voting my second choice of 4mask ties the vote.

Unvote, I suppose.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 23, 2022, 06:07:10 pm »

hector13, same question.

Tric: I currently think that Max is 3p, probably survivor. I think this is a Web game, and in Web games normally nobody is powerless or unimportant. I believe Max's claim of being recruitable and the associated role details, and would prefer to not lynch Max. I don't care to speculate on who might or might not be some variant of Paranoid Gun Owner right now, and consider it unimportant and not worth considering right now.

Perseus: could you re-summarize or link your case on Hector? I'm a bit busy at the moment and don't want to re-read the thread, but the only noteworthy problem I have with Hector right now is I think they undersold the value of town kill power, and I don't think that's something to lynch someone over.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 23, 2022, 06:12:41 pm »

Toony.

If Tricmagic is my wolf buddy who on earth would give me a good case on him lol.
I think my case still works on you even if Tric is town.

I know Tric is the hat man because I played in that game lol. It was so memetic that literally the last game played was based on it. At the time I was rereading Supernatural 10 (which I note later to Lenglon) to try and get a read on someone else and also saw that Tric open claimed in his first post that game too (I'd remembered he'd claimed awkwardly but I didn't remember it was so damn early).
If that's true, then when I asked you about Tric, why did you say you have no thoughts about Tric at all besides he didn't fit the MU mold?

My case on him was influenced by other people's firmer belief that this odd behavior was wolf-indicative.
Fair enough.

Also like... I'm allowed to do research and come to a different conclusion after saying I have no opinion. I said I had no opinion because I didn't, thought on it some and did some research, and came to a conclusion in real time.
I see. You spent the next three hours between 4:46pm and 7:59pm EST reading older game threads with Tric in them.

I still find your reaction suspicious.

If Tric is indeed a wolf I'm fairly happy to be eliminated D2 because I genuinely can't tell whether I'll help or harm the town if I accidentally target a wolf with my role, and I do acknowledge that the downright fucking bizarre way Tric has played around my slot seems teamed, but I have literally no idea what Tric was doing. I'd argue that if I was wolfing with Tric, that little stunt of copying my starting post like that would have annoyed me enough that I'd remember it and wouldn't have to be reminded of it by Tric himself, but YMMV.
Hmmm. You genuinely don't remember Tric copying your opening post, but when Tric reminds you about yeet you do?

I really don't want to believe you here.

You say this:
The only thing that comes to mind is I feel like I’d have remembered at least one of his posts by now, but I haven’t.
And I just can't believe you wouldn't remember a player copying your first post. I'm pretty sure I would remember unless I wasn't taking the game seriously or I was lying. Was Tric that forgettable?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2022, 06:14:39 pm »

Also EJ what the shit you have plenty time to look into me.

If you don’t want to go through the 30+ pages of thread, go to search function for the forum a couple of tabs to the left of the “my messages” tab, put Supernatural in the search bar, sorted by recent posts, my name in the user bar, and you probably don’t even need to limit it to the mafia subforum but do it anyway. I just did it and it lists all my posts in the game on the first page, which is good ‘cause I think it breaks if you try to go to page 2.

I don’t mind the vote, but I’d like a better reason than “fuck it” :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2022, 06:16:20 pm »

I think my case still works on you even if Tric is town.
Toony: I don't see this, but I think I'm probably missing something obvious. Could you please link or summarize how your case on 4mask still works with Tric as town?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 102