Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47288 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2022, 05:16:00 pm »

Hey! Ho!
Oh don't you go
All supernatural on me

I love this game setup. I'm trying to dig through my old notes from Mephansteras' Supernatural. Dunno how much Webadict will have played with the basic roles (probably a fair bit). But doesn't help to be armed with some Information.

Useful Info

Spoiler: Previous Compositions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anti-Town Factions (click to show/hide)

All to say, there's 13 players, so we can expect 3-5 anti-town players.

(I'll start playing in earnest in my next post.)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Sending Roles Slowly
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2022, 05:21:16 pm »

Hello, it feels like ages since I've played mafia. Ordinarily in Supernatural's I try and figure out info from previous games, but given Web's running this and not Meph I'll need to make sure I don't assume too much. I still recall the game with 5 SKs and no mafia team Web. >:(

In the past the main scumteams I recall were flavored as lycanthropes, vampires, mages, and cultists of some kind. Given that the flavor of this game is that we're cultists (Children of the Elder and all that), I'm a little doubtful that we'll get cultists as the bad guy team, but we haven't seen the kill flavor yet. Am I forgetting a game here?

Miller-like claim Here: I am not Evil, but my actions do have the "Monster" tag.
Hmm, interesting. There's one, maybe two roles on the town list I could see having the Monster tag, so its possible you're that, but still hmm.

Toony:
Which I strongly recommend Tric do as town here, last Supernatural they claimed Knight on D1 and it was terrible.
Oh god I'd blocked that out of my memory. Given that you've played at least 7 out of the 10 regular Supernatural games, what's your favorite moment from those, and what's a mistake you hope not to repeat for this game?

PPE: And NQT ninjas me with better analysis as usual. Dangit.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2022, 05:29:45 pm »

Pressure vote onto TricMagic.  He hasn't said his role yet, so must be scum.
Tric has stayed quiet about their role as town before.

Which I strongly recommend Tric do as town here, last Supernatural they claimed Knight on D1 and it was terrible.

My actions also have monster tags. I'm Good, though I can't be inspected.

I have a power that implies there's some kind of evil witch.
Got it.
To be fair tric was pressured into claiming because he implied he was SK Werebear II: Electric Boogaloo.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2022, 05:31:37 pm »

Aww nobody chose entrance music :( (blue) meanies.

Lenglon’s probably third-party if their claim about a post-restriction is true, but I have my doubts it is.

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.

Post Restriction Claim Here: I should not lie, and could face consequences for doing so.

Anyway, I’m mostly discomfited by the wording of the claim. “Should not lie” as opposed to “cannot lie”, “could face consequences” as opposed to “will face consequences”.

I can’t quite articulate what bothers me about it, but I think feels like almost hedging? As opposed to making specific statements. I get if they can’t shouldn’t lie, but this feels like something they should know the specifics of and not have to come across worried about lying about, given it’d be in their PM.

PPE: 5 posts came in while writing this and being distracted by things, and I haven’t read ‘em yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2022, 05:35:12 pm »

Going to predict
I'm going to predict:

- I'm super confident about the setup and get blindsided on D3 by some new kind of cult Web made up
- 4mask is scum and attempts some completely unnecessary fancy play
- Jim and Toony are evil third parties again but they get away with it because of the gamblers fallacy
- Persus13 has to replace out and someone we haven't seen in ages like Tiruin or Cheeetar replaces in
- TricMagic protects the cult leader from the town vig's kill

Vector, which player is already giving you a bad feeling?

Hector13
I had entrance music!

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie
This seems like a really dangerous line to push. There are loads of situations where town should lie in mafia, aren't there?

Miller-like claim Here: I am not Evil, but my actions do have the "Monster" tag.
I'm guessing some kind of were-beast. We should be on the look out for bodies killed with claws or teeth.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2022, 05:36:55 pm »

Never have I been so offended by something so true.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2022, 05:41:20 pm »

Lenglon’s probably third-party if their claim about a post-restriction is true, but I have my doubts it is.

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.

Post Restriction Claim Here: I should not lie, and could face consequences for doing so.

Anyway, I’m mostly discomfited by the wording of the claim. “Should not lie” as opposed to “cannot lie”, “could face consequences” as opposed to “will face consequences”.

I can’t quite articulate what bothers me about it, but I think feels like almost hedging? As opposed to making specific statements. I get if they can’t shouldn’t lie, but this feels like something they should know the specifics of and not have to come across worried about lying about, given it’d be in their PM.

PPE: 5 posts came in while writing this and being distracted by things, and I haven’t read ‘em yet.
Eh, maybe we'll do Ending Music as we die off instead.  :P

Apparently, Lenglon using a post restriction to cover for being scum is a thing she did before.

NQT's analysis pointed out three varieties of Third Party that are either neutral or pro-town, hence why I'm inclined to put off voting Lenglon today.
NQT seems to be defending Lenglon.  Interesting.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2022, 05:45:39 pm »

I have to admit, I agree with hector about the phrasing on that claim being really weird.

I have entrance music, it's not my fault if you can't hear it.

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie
This seems like a really dangerous line to push. There are loads of situations where town should lie in mafia, aren't there?
No, lynch all liars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2022, 05:48:20 pm »

NQT / Perseus: my role is not on your list of previous roles. I believe you would consider me either town or town-ally if you had access to my role pm.

Hector: My claim is phrased that way because my restriction, as Web has stated repeatedly as how he does them when discussing post restrictions in setup discussions, can technically be ignored if I choose to do so (it's opt-in). If I do that, and then choose to perform a specific action, very bad things will happen to me. If I never do that action, I would have no negative effects from lying. I am technically capable of lying, it is just highly inadvisable and I do not intend to lie at any point this game. That is why the odd phrasing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2022, 05:52:28 pm »

- 4mask is scum
Never have I been so offended by something so true.
Interesting slip

NQT's analysis pointed out three varieties of Third Party that are either neutral or pro-town, hence why I'm inclined to put off voting Lenglon today.
NQT seems to be defending Lenglon.  Interesting.
There are also a lot of third parties who are anti-town, so this reasoning won't fly indefinitely. Also, I'm not defending Lenglon, I'm saying all town players should be on the look out for monstrous kills, as Lenglon has claimed to be a truth-telling monster. The methods of death are usually known in Supernatural, so it'll be obvious if there's a werewolf etc.

No, lynch all liars.
Too simplistic. I partially claim, mislead, imply and outright fabricate as town if it's useful for outplaying scum. Scum thrive in an environment where they have good info on town powers and know who they have to kill and who they need to redirect etc. I beseech all my fellow town players to lie.

Lenglon
NQT / Perseus: my role is not on your list of previous roles. I believe you would consider me either town or town-ally if you had access to my role pm.
Well do you have a town wincon or not? It's not what I would consider, it's what you have. You're either town or you're not.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2022, 05:53:50 pm »

Considering that we already know at least one new mechanic (monster actions) and that Web had a huge number of ideas for a Supernatural game, it may be best to treat this game as a thematically similar game to previous supernaturals that we can’t rely on mechanics from.

My role, for example, is technically a variant on an existing role on that spreadsheet, which makes sense thematically but the actual utility I provide is completely distinct from the base role.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2022, 05:54:23 pm »

Please, you and I both know what I was referring to NQT.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2022, 05:54:45 pm »

No, lynch all liars.
Too simplistic. I partially claim, mislead, imply and outright fabricate as town if it's useful for outplaying scum. Scum thrive in an environment where they have good info on town powers and know who they have to kill and who they need to redirect etc. I beseech all my fellow town players to lie.
So you admit to being a liar, who should therefore be lynched! notquitethere!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2022, 06:00:48 pm »

No, lynch all liars.
Bro you just posted cringe. You are going to lose subscribers.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2022, 06:01:22 pm »

Please, you and I both know what I was referring to NQT.
Hence why I wasn't voting you over it! I look forward to seeing the fancy play though.

Considering that we already know at least one new mechanic (monster actions) and that Web had a huge number of ideas for a Supernatural game, it may be best to treat this game as a thematically similar game to previous supernaturals that we can’t rely on mechanics from.
Yes and no. The tags are very Wuba, and some roles may have been changed or expanded, but the basic ideas are there. For example, if someone claims to have been resurrected by a priest, we can expect they might have changed alignment; if someone says they have item based powers we can be pretty sure they're lying; if a body turns up with stab wounds they probably weren't murdered by a werebear, and so on. While the game is certainly different, we can still reason about the game.

Haha, come on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 102