Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47346 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2022, 02:19:42 pm »

Going to predict

scum victory
N2 Jim kill
TricMagic protects a member of the scum team from a kill
OR
TricMagic revives the D1 lynch into a demon
Vector barely plays and gets lynched because of it
notquitethere, Maximum Spin, and 4maskwolf are the scum team but nobody ever suspects them
Lenglon makes a bunch of RP posts that nobody reads
Jim townreads the scumteam and scumreads the townteam
ToonyMan clutches it out for his team if he makes it to lylo
Knightwing64 gets read as scum regardless of his alignment and regrets having expectations put on him
EuchreJack sheeps the player he most desperately wants approval from and is affected by violent but brief bouts of paranoia
hector13, Persus13, and Egan_BW feel left out because I can't think of something typical enough that they would do

Any other B12 cliches I'm missing?

PPE:

Check off one item from the list.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Sending Roles Slowly
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2022, 02:27:37 pm »

Miller-like claim Here: I am not Evil, but my actions do have the "Monster" tag.

Post Restriction Claim Here: I should not lie, and could face consequences for doing so.

I can believe the first claim but the second claim I have much more difficulty with.

Toonyman

Yeet!
ToonyMan

Yeet!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2022, 02:31:02 pm »

(I liked the RP)

Hmm. 4maskwolf

This could be a targeted vote to get dumb people to jump on a bandwagon. Explain your thought process to me carefully and in detail.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2022, 02:42:27 pm »

Miller-like claim Here: I am not Evil, but my actions do have the "Monster" tag.

Post Restriction Claim Here: I should not lie, and could face consequences for doing so.

I can believe the first claim but the second claim I have much more difficulty with.

Jim: I understand, and you may choose to ignore it if you wish. I simply request that you be understanding if at some point in the future you would prefer or expect me to perform a gambit that involves lying, and I refuse or avoid doing so.

Lenglon hears the claim of doubt from the older man, and though it gives her a mild quiver of nerves, that's just nerves, and this was well within her expectations. She knew some would doubt her, and he didn't respond in a hostile way, just a cautious one.

"I understand. You aren't willing to trust someone to not lie, especially in a high-pressure situation like this. I mostly wanted to make my limits known, and to do it now, when nobody is targeting me, so that hopefully nobody will claim I'm just attempting to save myself when it comes up later."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2022, 02:51:52 pm »

@Toonyman YET. I'm not claiming 3P YET.

No promises for the future :wowee:

@Lenglon no real thought process, I just looked at the playerlist and decided that of all those players I felt like voting Toonyman first.

@Knightwing See above. It was "meh, I feel like it". It was literally a first-post-of-the-game vote, how much thought and effort do you think went into it?

If I want to guide "dumb people" onto someone I'll have way better tools to do it in -checks watch- 24 hours ish.

Jim Groovester

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2022, 02:55:02 pm »

I like it. This sort of particular miller claim tickles my fancy and not something I'd think they say on the spot.

Lenglon is town.

@Jim:
The prediction list seems accurate, especially Tric defending scum at night, however I should note my success rate at lylo as mafia is terrible.

@Knightwing:
Knightwing ignoring me? He's town.

@4mask:
You vote bad, why vote bad?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2022, 02:57:57 pm »

Leng is town yes, their claim checks out.

And thingyman, I vote bad because am bad. I’m also mad cuz bad.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2022, 03:09:19 pm »

I suppose it’s not impossible that Wuba gave the wolves the knowledge (or possibility) that there were non-wolves with monster-type abilities to prevent exactly this type of free clear.

But my role interacts with monster-type abilities and has a separate clause that it has a different effect if I target a member of the wolf team, so I’m inclined to take Leng’s claim at face value.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2022, 03:14:33 pm »

I guess Leng could also be third party.
But probably not wolf.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2022, 03:59:12 pm »

@Knightwing:

….

:P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Sending Roles Slowly
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2022, 04:13:37 pm »

4mask and Tric: Why Toony?

Lenglon glances around, feeling nervous. She is arguably an outsider here, could even find herself being called a Monster, yet she has at least as strong of a motivation to find and remove the Evils here as anyone else. Her friend is dead, and her new home is threatened. She was beginning to get to live out her dream, and then this murder happened, threatening to take it all away. She glanced around, unsure how to feel about them, and not truly knowing what they're capable of.

Still, there's no way out but forward

"I... I should speak up now, I suppose. I... I might be termed a monster, but I was not involved in the death of my friend. I dislike lying, and if I had to do it, it would have consequences upon me. I hope you all are willing to trust me."

However, despite her attempt to be prompt and up-front she still wasn't the first to speak, instead the first speaker was sudden, bold, and without hesitation, demanding that Toonyman be the first to be sacrifice, and providing no explanation but a simple "Yeet!"

"W-what? Um, Why should we sacrifice Toonyman?"

Test for Lengton: Say "I am Good". If you can't, explain.

Going to predict

scum victory
N2 Jim kill
TricMagic protects a member of the scum team from a kill
OR
TricMagic revives the D1 lynch into a demon
Vector barely plays and gets lynched because of it
notquitethere, Maximum Spin, and 4maskwolf are the scum team but nobody ever suspects them
Jim townreads the scumteam and scumreads the townteam
ToonyMan clutches it out for his team if he makes it to lylo
Knightwing64 gets read as scum regardless of his alignment and regrets having expectations put on him
EuchreJack sheeps the player he most desperately wants approval from and is affected by violent but brief bouts of paranoia
hector13, Persus13, and Egan_BW feel left out because I can't think of something typical enough that they would do

Any other B12 cliches I'm missing?

PPE:

Check off one item from the list.
@Jim: You forgot "Jim is scum and totally owns the town."
...suspicious.  :-\

Pressure vote onto TricMagic.  He hasn't said his role yet, so must be scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2022, 04:18:11 pm »

@Knightwing:

….

:P

Watch out Knighty, if Toony were scum, he'd lull you into not engaging with such statement, then later in Day 1/2 claim your lack of engagement was Proof Positive that you were scum.
Stay alert! ~~ Trust no one! ~~ Keep your laser handy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2022, 04:24:25 pm »

My actions also have monster tags. I'm Good, though I can't be inspected.

I have a power that implies there's some kind of evil witch.

I'm amused that Jim's typical thing for me to do (along with nqt and 4mask) was basically "win".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2022, 04:26:45 pm »

My actions also have monster tags. I'm Good, though I can't be inspected.

I have a power that implies there's some kind of evil witch.

I'm amused that Jim's typical thing for me to do (along with nqt and 4mask) was basically "win".

Yes, Jim forgot "Max gets eliminated Day 1 for being too obtuse"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2022, 04:27:23 pm »

Jack: I should not answer that. Good wins if all Evil players are removed from the game, and if at least one Good player is alive. This means there is a limited pool of Good players here, and Evils will want to kill Good players and avoid killing non-Good players. As such, I should not say if I am Good. What I can say and already have said is that I am not Evil.

Jack: Why are you attempting to learn who is Good and who is not, instead of attempting to learn who is Evil and who is not?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 102