Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Stalemate (?)  (Read 15090 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Stalemate (?)
« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2022, 02:10:48 pm »

It wasn’t a compromise though?

I don’t understand this fascination with everyone winning that crops up every now and again. There can’t be a winner without a loser.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 16, 2022, 02:11:36 pm »

I said that it was like a compromise, not that it WAS one.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 16, 2022, 02:13:26 pm »

That is fair.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 16, 2022, 02:14:13 pm »

I think Town has much to thankful for in this victory.
1) Town won.
2) Mafia lost.
3) Mafia is quite sore about losing, so Town gets that added satisfaction.
4) Town almost lost, so Town has the added satisfaction of actually fighting for that win.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 16, 2022, 02:19:33 pm »

I like how Lenglon complained the town was throwing the game when they were a major proponent of the town throwing the game.

I don’t understand this fascination with everyone winning that crops up every now and again. There can’t be a winner without a loser.
Cooperating with Max's plan was giving me information about the scumteam. I had zero expectation of good faith from the mafia, and expected to be swapping over to working with NQT to lynch Max Day 2. actually having everyone win would have required way more trust and coordination than we could have possibly gotten with the players we had. Step 1 was to get the scumteam to out themselves so that the massclaim solution which I didn't trust the town to actually follow-through on wasn't necessary. Step 2 was to lynch the one that might be compelling to the town players going for Hat Tyrant.

And I myself didn't have a realistic chance of becoming hat tyrant from the starting gate. I started with the gibbus so I was going to absolutely be later to get three hats than anyone else, and on day 2 I had zero hats at all. I played to the only wincon I actually had.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 16, 2022, 02:20:37 pm »

I don't give a shit about who was town or mafia in this broken game! I wanted the only interesting thing to happen! As soon as players started the "follow my directions so we all win" I immediately didn't want to play anymore. Whether I won or not doesn't matter at all to me in a game like this. Having a boring ass conclusion is what bothers me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2022, 02:21:22 pm »

Half the mafia and 40% of the town were throwing the game in the opening, for a pointless endeavor that would have satisfied nobody.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2022, 02:21:48 pm »

I like how Lenglon complained the town was throwing the game when they were a major proponent of the town throwing the game.

Cooperating with Max's plan was giving me information about the scumteam. I had zero expectation of good faith from the mafia, and expected to be swapping over to working with NQT to lynch Max Day 2. actually having everyone win would have required way more trust and coordination than we could have possibly gotten with the players we had. Step 1 was to get the scumteam to out themselves so that the massclaim solution which I didn't trust the town to actually follow-through on wasn't necessary. Step 2 was to lynch the one that might be compelling to the town players going for Hat Tyrant.

And I myself didn't have a realistic chance of becoming hat tyrant from the starting gate. I started with the gibbus so I was going to absolutely be later to get three hats than anyone else, and on day 2 I had zero hats at all. I played to the only wincon I actually had.
Max straight up outing himself but ALSO ME certainly didn't help keep the game going.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 16, 2022, 02:22:53 pm »

I don't give a shit about who was town or mafia in this broken game! I wanted the only interesting thing to happen! As soon as players started the "follow my directions so we all win" I immediately didn't want to play anymore. Whether I won or not doesn't matter at all to me in a game like this. Having a boring ass conclusion is what bothers me.
Taking the conversation that was going on at face value was your mistake, because that entire proposition was a pack of lies from the beginning.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 16, 2022, 02:24:33 pm »

Max straight up outing himself but ALSO ME certainly didn't help keep the game going.
Did you even notice the timing on WHEN I pressed max to make him out himself? It made the count of players willing to work with him just right so that his partner would out themself to get the majority he needed.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2022, 02:26:08 pm »

Taking the conversation that was going on at face value was your mistake, because that entire proposition was a pack of lies from the beginning.

This blows. Lenglon u suck

You and ur dumb squad of squares

Why u ruin the game

It not fun

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 16, 2022, 02:27:13 pm »

This blows. Lenglon u suck

You and ur dumb squad of squares

Why u ruin the game

It not fun

The entire point of mafia is that it's a puzzle game. There was no puzzle left. At that point the best thing to do is to just end it so we can get on with a new puzzle.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2022, 02:27:32 pm »

Great minds think alike

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2022, 02:30:49 pm »

I have some suggestions about the setup.

Anything you could change would make it worse. This is the finest mafia game. Or at least at a local maxima.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2022, 02:32:20 pm »

Knightwing, Go back to Day 1 and read Jim's post. He was right. I also came in too late for normal scumhunting. And it was clear as well that we couldn't try for the interesting everyone-wins outcome because people weren't willing to cooperate. So like Jim, I had to just play with what was left. Unlike Jim, I couldn't even go for Hat Tyrant. It wasn't actually complicated at all.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22