Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19234 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 4
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2022, 02:06:57 pm »

Makes since I guess we should probably hold on to our money for now.

Also Jameson sounds like a fine name for our minotaur.

You guys want to suggest an action, or am I doing a whole update just to name the Minotaur? :P

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2022, 06:04:32 pm »

I agree that we shouldn't spend money on identifying anything, but I think we should buy the bolt-cutters. Might have better stats than the trowel if we animate it, and they could come in handy for other purposes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2022, 08:35:27 pm »

I'm fine with just leaving via Floor 6 or going back to the mini-boss room to bully that dragon into joining our party.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2022, 10:19:17 pm »

I think it wouldn't hurt to go to floor 6, even if just to see what the lock and key tutorial is.  I'm not opposed to getting the bolt-cutters.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 10:34:11 pm by ZBridges »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2022, 11:07:33 pm »

You know, on second thought I'll +1 bolt cutters. A potential tool for just 1 Dub is probably wise.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2022, 01:39:42 am »

+1 to getting the bolt cutters.

Also lets go try to get that dragon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2022, 02:13:01 pm »

I agree that we shouldn't spend money on identifying anything, but I think we should buy the bolt-cutters. Might have better stats than the trowel if we animate it, and they could come in handy for other purposes.

You produce one more Dubloon, and hand it over to the goblin.

You know what? I think I'll take the Bolt Cutter before I leave.

"Hmmm... A good purchase if I say so myself. An artificer such as you should never be caught lacking tools."

Mr. Parr takes your Dubloon, fumbles with his stock for a few moments, and hands over your new tool.

-1 Dubloon
+1 Unidentified Heavy Bolt Cutter

I'm fine with just leaving via Floor 6 or going back to the mini-boss room to bully that dragon into joining our party.

"Hmmm... Both these suggestions have 1 vote supporting them. Ties attempt both actions in the order suggested where it wouldn't be completely silly to do so, but visiting one room just to leave right away just isn't reasonable. But both suggestions originate from the same post... I suppose I'll just be pedantic and send you to the exit room because it is the first part of the post one would read. Mmmmkay?"

For perhaps the last time, you return to the tutorial dungeon's control room. To your mild annoyance, your new friend Jameson walks slower than you, so it takes you longer to get back than it did going the other way.

You allow a moment for the anticipation to build, before pressing the button for floor 6. The door seals behind you, the room briefly shakes, and the door unseals once more.

Floor 1 -----> Basic Dungeon Tutorial
Floor 2 -----> Combat Tutorial
Floor 3 -----> Scholarship Tutorial
Floor 4 -----> Introduction to Friendly NPC Archtypes
Floor 5 -----> Introduction to Common Mini-Boss Archtypes

Floor 6 -----> Lock and Key Tutorial, Exit

You walk down the final corridor, and are pleasantly surprised to find a a large cozy bedroom-like space with a fully stocked mini-fridge, adjoining bathroom, and plenty of storage space.

The only strange thing about the room is the fact that the two windows are sealed with comically oversized locks, and on the other side of one of said windows is a churning vortex that you instinctively understand to be unstable spacetime.

"Congratulations, Randy Boy! You completed the tutorial dungeon. Now there is only one quick lesson left. Locks. Where you are from, a lock and key simply control who may open a portal, but in most dungeons they do more; A lock and key can define what lies beyond! Do me a favor, and please check under the pillow of the bed with the striped quilt, mmmmkay?"

You do as instructed, and find an ornate golden box containing three equally ornate golden keys.

"They leftmost key is a trove key. When put in a dungeon lock, it will lead you to a room with good loot that is likely protected by traps or powerful enemies. The center key is a Cinema Key. When put in a dungeon lock, it will lead you to a room featuring a dramatic audio-visual performance designed to create memories. The rightmost key is a scrapyard key. When put in a dungeon lock, it will lead you to a room where you might find a decent sum of raw materials. On the topic of dungeon locks, you may find one on the leftmost window in this room."

+Trove Key
+Cinema Key
+Scrapyard Key
+Small Golden Box

So I have to use one of these Keys on that window to reach the exit?

"Not quite. That lock is a freebie. Use it whenever you like. This room is to be your homeroom; A place to comfortably and safely keep party members you'd rather not bring home to your parents, and serve as a base of operations for all your Level Up Club activities. All you need do is press the Red Button, and this room will be separated from the tutorial dungeon and placed behind door 13b back at school. At that point, your tutorial will be complete, and I will answer any intelligent questions you might still have, mmmmkay?"

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, or found under a creative commons license. Wikidot seems to have been down when I finished this post. I'm not sure if changes to the Character Sheet went through or not at this time.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 6, Turn 1
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2022, 06:01:27 pm »

I'm thinking we use either the trove key or the cinema key.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2022, 07:00:04 pm »

Trove key. We definitely need memories for classwork, crafting, and that levelup heart, but I'd rather get a nice pile of filthy lucre at the moment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2022, 01:18:54 am »

Lets go with the trove key!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2022, 02:19:21 am »

Trove key. We definitely need memories for classwork, crafting, and that levelup heart, but I'd rather get a nice pile of filthy lucre at the moment.

You briefly ponder the red button that would end the tutorial, before deciding to put that off for now. Instead, you approach the locked left window with the Trove Key. The key fits perfectly into the lock. You give it a turn, and there is a loud CLANK! Both lock and key abruptly blink from existence, and the window swings open. You step through the window. Jameson follows.

-1 Trove Key

You find yourself at the mouth of a strange but well lit cave. Before you are three massive and transparent crystals. Suspended inside each crystal is a decent sum of gold and silver treasure. As you ponder how you might remove your prizes from their crystalline tombs, the intercom whines and buzzes to life once more.

"The key defines the door, so unlike every other room you have been in so far, I have no clue what this trove has in store for you. Could be a deadly trap, or it could merely be the challenge of getting the treasure out of those crystals. One general tip I can offer is that enemies you find in Trove rooms are typically bound to protect the trove; It is unlikely such a creature would abandon its duty to chase you, mmmmkay?"

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E and Midjourney. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 1
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2022, 02:32:37 am »

Sounds like we should proceed carefully, perhaps we should find some rocks and throw it in front of us to check for traps.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2022, 01:16:28 pm »

I'd rather lick the crystals to find out how they taste. And because I assume they'll reveal their true nature through faffing about better than cautious stick-poking.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2022, 02:14:31 pm »

I'd rather lick the crystals to find out how they taste. And because I assume they'll reveal their true nature through faffing about better than cautious stick-poking.

This, but order Jameson to lick the crystals instead. Not having to do dangerous things yourself is one of the many benefits of having a zombie minion.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2022, 05:10:03 pm »

This, but order Jameson to lick the crystals instead. Not having to do dangerous things yourself is one of the many benefits of having a zombie minion.
Does Jameson even have a tongue?

...this is a good way to find out! +1 to Jameson's delicious crystal treats.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31