Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 19172 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 1
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2022, 12:09:45 pm »

As a reminder:

"To your west, Randy boy, you have a gnome. Gnomes are master craftsmen, and are willing to share their equipment and blueprints with others. With a gnome's help, you can combine memories and raw materials to create and upgrade items. Each gnome has a unique collection of blueprints, and it is not always possible to revisit a friendly NPC, so consider the diversity of memories and materials on your character sheet carefully before going out of your way to work with a Gnome."

"Imprisioned to your East is a Satyr, sometimes called a Faun. These goat-folk are masters of divination, the magical art of understanding the present and future. For a fee, they can identify items in your inventory, and offer you glimpses into the stats, abilities, and weakness of enemies you might soon face. You never know exactly what a Faun might ask in return for their sight; Sometimes they seek specific memories or materials to fuel their magic, and sometimes they just fancy dubloons."

"Sealed to your north is a Goblin. Goblins are talented, but tricky and greedy. The items they sell usually come unidentified and may have hidden drawbacks, powers, or some combination of both. They offer both the crafting of Gnomes and the sight of Satyrs, but charge more for such services. A small, but non trivial, percentage of goblins worship wicked gods. Such bastards will try to offer quests that lure unsuspecting humans into traps where their organs can be harvested and sacrificed. Even in the likely scenario a goblin isn't actively trying to kill you, his quest is likely to test you, either physically or morally. Speaking of potential moral quandaries... good luck and happy choosing!"
Gnomes build and upgrade items
Satyrs identify items and predict enemies
Goblins sell unidentified items and identify items, but are costlier than gnomes or satyrs

With that in mind, I'll +1 releasing the goblin. We could potentially use all of his services, though bear in mind we can use that Triumphant Memory to level up Physical Education or Communications.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 1
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2022, 01:21:04 pm »

What about setting the goblin free?

You approach the northern Stasis Cage. After a brief inspection, you spot no keyhole. Luckily the Handy Key seems to sense your intentions, and flies from your hand at high speed! It collides violently with the stasis cage, and both objects blink out of existence in an anti-climatic fashion.

The goblin falls to the ground. After he gathers himself for a moment, he looks up at you and speaks.

"Greetings human, and thank you. My name is Avlug Parr, and I am a representitive of the Goblin Guild of Brigands, Merchants, and Wicked Priests. GGBMWP bylaws forbid me from rendering goods and services free of charge, even as a token of gratitude that you clearly deserve for securing my freedom. So, I can only hope that my wares and services, at their normal price, are reward enough for you. Please take a look. I offer goods, crafting services, and divination. I may also have some work available for you, if you are willing to offer up a small by-in fee."

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Divination (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quest (click to show/hide)

Hmmm... Interesting. (According to that Bugbear, if I flash the Khanum's talisman, this Goblin might give me stuff. But the talisman may also vanish if I do so...)

How do you proceed?

Images by DALL-E or otherwise procured under a creative commons license. Character Sheet.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 01:30:57 pm by Weirdsound »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 2
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2022, 02:17:56 pm »

!

Undead Minion:
-Triumphant, Triumphant, Heartfelt Memory
-Humanoid Skull, Leather Waterskin
-Hecksulphur, Hecksulphur
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2022, 02:31:13 pm »

Undead Minion:

Definitely +1; the trowel minion had surprisingly good stats, so hopefully a proper undead will be very strong.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2022, 05:12:02 pm »

!

Undead Minion:

You dig out a Dubloon and hand it over to Mr. Parr.

I think I'll make myself an undead minion.

"A wise choice, human. I always say if you want companionship done right, make them yourself. Let me dig out the tools and plans you will need for the job. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. A helping hand on your project is the least I can offer for your aid in escaping that prison."

The goblin provides some clay, which you mold into a vaugely humanoid shape before adding the skull uptop and covering the entire sculpture with leather. Avlug Parr then shows you the rituals to imbue the construct with memories to make it loyal, and fuel it with the Hecksulphur to make it live!

As you complete the final chant, the clay and leather begin to distort and become more like a living being in appearance. The skull twists and mutates. Bull-like horns erupt from its forehead. The transformation then concludes, and the creature lies still for several moments before rising to its feet and letting out a terrifying bellow!

"Marrrghhhhhrooooooooooooooooooooo!"

-1 Dubloon
-All Memories
-Humanoid Skull
-Leather Waterskin
-x2 Hecksulphur

The creature then silently looms over you at nearly twice your height.

"Hrmmmm... If I had to guess, that waterskin was made from cow. Either way, I'd say the project turned out okay, no? I'd recommend giving it a name, and perhaps buying it a proper weapon. I do have a mace in stock you know..."

My new pal gets his own tab on the character sheet! But hmmmm... What should I call you big guy?

What do you name your new pet, and how do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, or Procured under a creative commons license.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 3
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2022, 05:53:48 pm »

Mace does look tempting. So does the knife quest, but it'll probably require sacrificing innocents or something.

Unsure what to name our minotaur, but its last name should clearly be Jameson. Or Randyson. Randybone? Randybone the minotaur?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2022, 11:41:51 pm »

+1 to the mace for our minotaur.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2022, 01:19:33 am »

+1 to getting a mace for the minotaur.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2022, 02:25:35 am »

Mace does look tempting.

After thinking on the Goblin's words, you pull out and hand over three more Dubloons.

Lets set my new friend up with that mace, eh?

"A fantastic selection, my human friend. Big guy like that should do well with a crushing weapon."

Avlug Parr conjures a large chest out of thin air, from which he produces the mace. It takes the two of you a few minutes of prodding and demonstration to get your undead pet to hold and swing the weapon, but once it does, you note the beast is quite proficient with it.

-3 Dubloons
+Unidentified Ivory Encrusted Mace (In Undead Minotaur's Inventory)

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E, Midjourney, or Procured under a creative commons license. Character Sheet. I will randomly pick one of IronyOwl's suggestions for a name if no one else chimes in on the topic before the next update.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 4, Turn 4
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2022, 02:49:54 am »

I think we should get that machete identified since we've been using it as our primary weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2022, 02:56:49 am »

We already have an Identify scroll in our inventory we can use.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2022, 03:39:34 am »

Sure we shouldn't save it for something else?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2022, 04:23:27 am »

2 Dubs apiece is pretty steep, I say we hold out for a satyr who will probably ID them for 1 each. We might acquire a (potentially) better weapon by then, in fact.

You guys sure you don't care what the minotaur gets named? :P

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2022, 04:39:50 am »

Makes since I guess we should probably hold on to our money for now.

Also Jameson sounds like a fine name for our minotaur.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2022, 08:49:45 am »

+1 to jameson
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31