Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19334 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 2 - Lost Friends
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2022, 07:06:02 pm »

PM me your address and I'll drive over.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2022, 07:07:14 pm »

I am a Crazy Bumbler. I learn role names with my inspect.
That is terrible.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2022, 07:08:11 pm »

PM me your address and I'll drive over.

Bit of an imposition on Jim ‘cause you clearly wouldn’t drive back after drinking would you? :p

I’m going to a beer fest next week so I’ll probably be good on alcohol for a while.

I am a Crazy Bumbler. I learn role names with my inspect.
That is terrible.
Tell me about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2022, 07:10:41 pm »

For players who haven't claimed your role name yet, don't. Hector needs targets to confirm he can inspect role names.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2022, 07:13:50 pm »

It’s random so… possibly not an ideal strategy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2022, 07:19:11 pm »

It’s random so… possibly not an ideal strategy.
Oh

right

Same as mine.

I guess we can't guarantee a confirmation check then.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2022, 07:39:39 pm »

Not on me anyway. If everyone claims their name I can at least say if someone is lying or not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2022, 08:00:05 pm »

Not on me anyway. If everyone claims their name I can at least say if someone is lying or not.
There's no reason to lie about your name even if you're mafia. We probably shouldn't have said our names but I didn't realize, oh well. Nobody else say their names at least.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2022, 08:32:46 pm »

I have been interrupted by things around me like six times while trying to write this, sorry.

Anyway, unless Knightwing comes out with something really unexpected, I think I have categorically the most powerful role in the game.

I'm [redacted after ToonyMan's post].
During the night, I can choose to "quest", which makes me untargetable and gives me a chance of gaining new abilities. I also started with three other abilities. One is terrible, the other two are both good. Last night, I gained an ability that uncontrollably gives randomly-selected copies of my abilities to a random half of players during the day. I also got one of my own gifts at the beginning of the day, so I now have six abilities, but two of them are the same - the gift is just a copy of my worst ability, which tells me things that don't exist. By the way, there are no suicide bombers in the game. Tomorrow I guess I will know two more things that don't exist.

My terrible ability, as I've already stated, shows me a role with abilities nobody has. You can see the template for it in the "cheat(auto)" ability under "rare". My quest ability is also under "rare", as is the gift ability I gained. My other two abilities are a passive protective and a passive evasion, and I will not be claiming them, except to say that Jim got a copy of one, so he knows what it is.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2022, 08:50:08 pm »

Toony: Did you ever follow up on this post? Didn't need an answer to feel good about Knightwing?
Knightwing ignores me all the fucking time, even as town.

Town!FoU was ordering his reads list with the colours. Green was town, grey presumably unknowns and/or leans, since there also colours, and orange for third party.

It’s a weird way to do it sure, but I guess FoU thought it might better represent his feelings on the players than just saying it?
That makes a lot of sense. I understand the logic now.

Max: I'm not going to ask you to tell us everything, but there's something about your gift-giving I'd like explained.

You wrote this early D2,[...]

Then gave the following:[...] Suggesting the gifting ability is an auto you can't even turn off, not even by dying.

These don't really check out... could you explain?
Sure.
One of my starting abilities is kind of like an active developer. I used that ability n1, and gained a new ability that automatically hands out randomly-selected gifts to random people during the day. Then, at the beginning of d2 (moments after I got it), this activated.
Can we just full-claim at this point? I want to lynch today and I'm more comfortable when everybody puts their cards on the table during a maybe mylo situation.

I'm Forensics Purpleic, during the night I can target a random player and convert them to a normal townie if they're third-party.

That's it.

Hey! I can’t be bothered to respond to everything everybody asks of me, my attention span is too short, my ADHD won’t allow it.

My role also causes frames to fail 75 percent of the time, so…. Sweet?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2022, 08:52:59 pm »

Can you give a full-claim without saying your role name Knightwing?

Also...you responded to my quote without even bothering to answer the question still.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2022, 08:59:50 pm »

Role claim: All frames have a 50% chance of targeting a random player instead.

During the night you can befriend another player. Action: befriend

I was way off the mark about the framing thing, oof

To answer ur question, I’m about to go to bed so I don’t wanna make a whole list but I feel good? about hector?

If they are telling the truth anyway

Also I want beerssss

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2022, 09:09:51 pm »

busted role
You started this game with quest and three autos? Wtf

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2022, 09:11:08 pm »

busted role
You started this game with quest and three autos? Wtf
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2022, 09:13:09 pm »

The generator is actually capable of making unboundedly large roles. I think I would advise notquitethere to try limiting the potential swinginess. My role and hector's completely trash role, for example, shouldn't really coexist.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26