Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 19325 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 2 - Lost Friends
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2022, 02:39:37 pm »

@NJW:
I don't understand why you didn't argue that a mafia!Hector would defend FoU to simply look good instead of adding that FoU was partners with Hector and would flip town. Why go for the more outrageous argument over the more reasonable one?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2022, 02:41:01 pm »

Also this seems pretty hypocritical coming from me, but I could try to point out why I feel FoU really is just town based on their later D1 posts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2022, 02:41:58 pm »

@NJW:
I don't understand why you didn't argue that a mafia!Hector would defend FoU to simply look good instead of adding that FoU was partners with Hector and would flip town. Why go for the more outrageous argument over the more reasonable one?
Because FoU wanting to die is main reason I think Hector mafia.

Otherwise, he looks ok.

Off to dinner now... back in a bit.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2022, 02:45:04 pm »

Do you actually think you might be eliminated today?
No.

there doesn't seem to be any appetite for a different elim.
There does seem to be a serious problem for you, which is that most of us have different second choices. I think your strongest alternative target might be Knightwing, who hasn't engaged much and whom many of us - Toony, Jim, and I, at least, I think - are no longer sure we can read as well as we thought. But if you townread Knightwing, that obviously isn't what you want to try.
Toony says hector is his strongest townread. Toony is my strongest townread. Jim and I both have role-related reason to know that neither of us are a viable lynch target unless you are confident that one of us is solo scum (not to mention that, if we were the scumteam together as you sometimes seem to imply, the game would just about already be lost). There's not a lot of room to get a consensus on anyone else here.

Also this seems pretty hypocritical coming from me, but I could try to point out why I feel FoU really is just town based on their later D1 posts.
I really think so too. Honestly, I hate to say this after the lynch already happened and essentially foist the blame on other people, but... I probably would've unvoted if I'd been awake to do it. I get why you and Jim felt the way you did at the time, but I would have been really on the fence.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 09, 2022, 04:51:48 pm »

@NJW:

Otherwise, he looks ok.

Off to dinner now... back in a bit.
Okay, let's try something different.

What do you think of FoU coloring half of Jim's name grey and the "in" part of Max's name crimson in their reads?

Spoiler: Reference (click to show/hide)

Could this be a mally!FoU signaling that they think Max is the mafia? Why color the rest of Jim grey then? I never got a response from FoU, but they deliberately did this for some reason. It's the only thing I don't understand why a town!FoU would do. Since you believe FoU was mafia or third-party can you explain what you think they were doing here?

I have no idea how Max gave Jim a gift at the start of this day so maybe I should mess around with the source code to see what roles I can get.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2022, 05:02:41 pm »

-
I mean, godfather-scum!fallacy could have done this to make me dig an even deeper hole of conspiracy nonsense, but honestly, I think grey means null and Fallacy shows uncertain reads by colouring sections of the name differently, for some reason best known to themselves.

Unless you actually buy a secret mally communication theory, which even I didn't really after RVS, I wouldn't worry about it.

Huh. Max did remind me:

Toony: Did you ever follow up on this post? Didn't need an answer to feel good about Knightwing?

Max: I'm not going to ask you to tell us everything, but there's something about your gift-giving I'd like explained.

You wrote this early D2,
I didn't receive anything last night. Tric almost certainly used their global attract so it's likely they got your gift Max?
I don't think so. It happened automatically at the very beginning of the day, because of my action last night. I didn't find out about it until the end of the night, and it was not expected.

Then gave the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Suggesting the gifting ability is an auto you can't even turn off, not even by dying.

These don't really check out... could you explain?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2022, 05:04:07 pm »

Town!FoU was ordering his reads list with the colours. Green was town, grey presumably unknowns and/or leans, since there also colours, and orange for third party.

It’s a weird way to do it sure, but I guess FoU thought it might better represent his feelings on the players than just saying it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 09, 2022, 05:08:55 pm »

That… is a fair point against Max, actually.

*checks*

Like… yeah, he seemed awfully surprised at the start of the day he was giving gifts, but it happened because of an action he had, which doesn’t add up. Max doesn’t strike me as the type to not figure out how something works before using it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2022, 05:11:42 pm »

Max: I'm not going to ask you to tell us everything, but there's something about your gift-giving I'd like explained.

You wrote this early D2,[...]

Then gave the following:[...] Suggesting the gifting ability is an auto you can't even turn off, not even by dying.

Sure.
One of my starting abilities is kind of like an active developer. I used that ability n1, and gained a new ability that automatically hands out randomly-selected gifts to random people during the day. Then, at the beginning of d2 (moments after I got it), this activated.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 09, 2022, 05:53:07 pm »

Toony: Did you ever follow up on this post? Didn't need an answer to feel good about Knightwing?
Knightwing ignores me all the fucking time, even as town.

Town!FoU was ordering his reads list with the colours. Green was town, grey presumably unknowns and/or leans, since there also colours, and orange for third party.

It’s a weird way to do it sure, but I guess FoU thought it might better represent his feelings on the players than just saying it?
That makes a lot of sense. I understand the logic now.

You wrote this early D2,[...]

Then gave the following:[...] Suggesting the gifting ability is an auto you can't even turn off, not even by dying.

Sure.
One of my starting abilities is kind of like an active developer. I used that ability n1, and gained a new ability that automatically hands out randomly-selected gifts to random people during the day. Then, at the beginning of d2 (moments after I got it), this activated.
Can we just full-claim at this point? I want to lynch today and I'm more comfortable when everybody puts their cards on the table during a maybe mylo situation.

I'm Forensics Purpleic, during the night I can target a random player and convert them to a normal townie if they're third-party.

That's it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 09, 2022, 06:07:31 pm »

I am a Crazy Bumbler. I learn role names with my inspect.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 09, 2022, 06:20:24 pm »

Purple Changecop.

I can negate a player each night - block and voteblock during the following day phase.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 09, 2022, 06:54:05 pm »

Unless I'm stupid my role has very narrow utility. I'm a super befriendist and I can feed everyone who targets NJW2000, which has a 75%/25% chance of me befriending or infecting the target.

On Day 2 I got an additional ability that I will avoid claiming.

@NJW:

Otherwise, he looks ok.

I'm probably missing posts where you elaborate on this, but that is a large leap to make regarding hector13 based on FallacyofUrist's end of day behavior.

I'd like to see more of Knightwing64 to see if he continues pressing his weird angle on me. Him showing up and doing anything at all was okay, but it's feeling a bit like fire and forget. Also just sort of waiting to see what moves NJW2000 and Knightwing64 make since I think I roughly know where ToonyMan, Maximum Spin, and hector13 stand.

If we lynch NJW2000 today and he's scum and the game isn't over, I think I go for Knightwing64 next. If NJW2000 is town, I think I look into Maximum Spin/ToonyMan, assuming we make it to Day 3. I think there are very few teams I put hector13 on.

Anyways do you guys want any beer? I bought a lot for social occasions expecting other people to drink it as well but it didn't really pan out the way I expected and don't really want to get through all of it myself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 09, 2022, 06:58:31 pm »

Anyways do you guys want any beer? I bought a lot for social occasions expecting other people to drink it as well but it didn't really pan out the way I expected and don't really want to get through all of it myself.

What about you, spectator chat? You guys want any beer?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 09, 2022, 06:59:44 pm »

Are you gonna like... mail it out?

I don't drink, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26