Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia - Game Over Mafia Win!  (Read 17116 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia (9/9) - HQ is organizing a new unit...
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2022, 11:15:08 pm »

Big brain theory: Mafia are Max and NJW.
Okay. Why?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2022, 11:16:53 pm »

EBWOP: ((hit post before I was ready))
"Okay, why?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2022, 11:23:01 pm »

Big brain theory: Mafia are Max and NJW.
Okay. Why?
*cracks knuckles*

Max hasn't told us if Knightwing is town or mafia yet, this is very odd.
NJW's questioning line towards Lidku was odd, though nothing definitive.
Jim and Web both don't have townreads of Max or NJW, neither do I.

Jim and myself are siding with NQT. Web is reading NQT as mafia, but also reads Max and NJW poorly.

I'm not fully confident in this theory, maybe switch NJW with Lidku.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2022, 11:45:48 pm »

Quote from: Mafia Win-Con
Win-Con: You win if Mafia equal or exceed Town in numbers.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2022, 03:47:32 am »

Ok. I'm trying to work out if Lidku TMI'd or something here. This was a somewhat cruel strategy based on a previous game. I managed to get some early information out of him by talking about the setup in Max's cult game, which actually proved critical to the winning move. Seeing if I can do the same thing here.

Something weird did come up: Lidku's idea that you'd shoot mafia nobody else suspected. There are some reasons doing that could be an ok plan, but Lidku hasn't explained why stripping away a bulletproof vest would help if nobody was willing to go after the person with you.

Lidku: why would this be helpful?

Jim: I meant the last game we were together in, which I think was Roden's Demon Mafia. Anyway:

There are a lot of town resources in this game. 3.5 guaranteed kills if the town perfectly coordinates kills, along with lynches, which is absolutely ridiculous. In comparison the scum team can pull off two guaranteed kills before their one shots are out while the town still have their vests.
Uh... could you explain this for me? Specifically the part about the scum team? What are the assumptions there?

By the way, I mean it when I say roleplay disguises tone. RP-ing the entire day is a votable offence because it stops me getting a good read.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2022, 06:14:04 am »

The hell I haven't? Who am I voting for again?

Okay, maybe it went over your head. Knightwing has not posted a serious-sounding post yet this game. That's how I judge towniness of Knightwing. The roleplay provides a convenient excuse for covering up Knightwing's known tell, which is why I additionally suspect the one who kicked off the roleplay to have done it on purpose to protect him.
And notably, after doing so, I get voted by that very individual on shady, shaky grounds.

Maybe Knightwing will come back and sound real, I'm not saying this is absolute certainty that I can't change my mind about, but right now the balance is clear.

Followup question: Have you ever said "big brain theory"  on d1 and been right? I'm not trying to bring you down, nobody's ever right on d1 unless it's real easy, but come on. I've already had it out with webadict over this kind of thing, and it's hilarious how similar you two are.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2022, 06:31:49 am »

maximum spin is being mean to knightwing and he has a metal so i no hes a good guy otherwise i will be mad

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2022, 06:33:51 am »

maximum spin is being mean to knightwing and he has a metal so i no hes a good guy otherwise i will be mad
...Are you saying Max is wrong about Knightwing's performance this game vs his scum meta?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2022, 06:34:39 am »

although maybe i will also red knightwing because maybe max is right but he still wont let me go with

...Are you saying Max is wrong about Knightwing's performance this game vs his scum meta?
maybe maybe not it really depend because sometimes knightwing do this you no?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2022, 06:38:56 am »

maybe maybe not it really depend because sometimes knightwing do this you no?
...I mean, that's reasonable. I don't think KW's posted enough to tell, although some people do seem to be able to read him very fast as well as very accurately.

Thus far he seems to have found something he can do other than play mafia, but he's doing it with confidence, so NAI to me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2022, 07:01:02 am »

this is true and max stake life on it he probly get shot if he wrong anyway

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2022, 07:26:20 am »

Jim
There are a lot of town resources in this game. 3.5 guaranteed kills if the town perfectly coordinates kills, along with lynches, which is absolutely ridiculous. In comparison the scum team can pull off two guaranteed kills before their one shots are out while the town still have their vests.
This is interesting, do you think it's worth co-ordinating town shots? I sort of assumed most players would shoot their shot on N1.

I changed my avatar after Beginner BYOR 1 to another picture of dunce Bison.
It's looking good!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2022, 07:28:18 am »

Maximum Spin
Aww, I didn't get to be scum again this time.

I don't like roleplay, so Knightwing and Lenglon are clearly the mafia.
Do you think it's an actual scumtell or are you going after an easy target?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2022, 07:50:40 am »

Do you think it's an actual scumtell or are you going after an easy target?
Asked and answered.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2022, 07:52:04 am »

The hell I haven't? Who am I voting for again?

Okay, maybe it went over your head. Knightwing has not posted a serious-sounding post yet this game. That's how I judge towniness of Knightwing. The roleplay provides a convenient excuse for covering up Knightwing's known tell, which is why I additionally suspect the one who kicked off the roleplay to have done it on purpose to protect him.
And notably, after doing so, I get voted by that very individual on shady, shaky grounds.

Maybe Knightwing will come back and sound real, I'm not saying this is absolute certainty that I can't change my mind about, but right now the balance is clear.

Followup question: Have you ever said "big brain theory"  on d1 and been right? I'm not trying to bring you down, nobody's ever right on d1 unless it's real easy, but come on. I've already had it out with webadict over this kind of thing, and it's hilarious how similar you two are.
So scum are Knightwing and Lenglon? Case closed.

Wait.

I do not read Lenglon as a cunning enough player to immediately tell Knightwing to roleplay with them. I read Knightwing as someone who is roleplaying on their own because they enjoy it, but I would like non-roleplay posts. Your suspicion of Lenglon voting you is understandable and I can argue this is town!Max being paranoid.

Followup answer:
The theory is based on my feelings along with what Jim and Web have posted. Why can't a player be right on D1? You could be right about Lenglon and Knightwing!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22