Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23597 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (6 / 9) - Day 3 - Replacement Still Needed
« Reply #480 on: August 15, 2022, 07:28:28 am »

So, let me claim: I targeted Roden and Shakerag last Night, telling them to buy or I would vote them, since I thought Lenglon would be killed, and I didn't trust Max and Jim to actually claim I targeted them if they were Mafia.

Literally, Knightwing's death solved this game.

Roden can't be lying.
Max was the killer N1.

I was right. I am awesome.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 15, 2022, 07:35:18 am »

You're wrong, and not very awesome.

I'm town. I believe Jim is town. Who do you think killed Shakerag?

My other action, since Shakerag used Seed of Hope (the un-powered up version) on me N1, was to roleblock and destroy all killing moves of Maxiumum Spin. No feedback on that one, but it did go through.
It's interesting that you claim this.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 15, 2022, 07:37:59 am »

Oops, saw Egan's post and forgot to finish.

I am Pandora's Basement Bargain Bin. Each Night, I can sell an Evil to up to originally three players. Every time someone buys an evil, I lose a target but I can use one of two Actions on them. Roden stole one of these Actions, which was the weaker one anyway, allowing me to randomize people the following Night. Absolutely shit power. The second disables a random Ability and lets me learn it's power.

I have Auto abilities tied to people not buying and buying all of my evils, but they let me revive once on death and something else that I can't claim just yet, and I know that's probably suspicious, but please accept it for now.

I know Lenglon targeted me last Night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 15, 2022, 07:41:24 am »

Lenglon, I enjoy your purple text, but it's hard to read in Darkling. I assume that is what you were gonna ask.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2022, 07:48:58 am »

You're wrong, and not very awesome.

I'm town. I believe Jim is town. Who do you think killed Shakerag?
You seemed really intent that Knightwing was scum. I wonder why that is? You were Roleblocked N1, so his removal was probably necessary.

Who do I think killed Shakerag? Personally, unsure. I could say it was Jim. I could say it was you. Both of those are reasonable answers. Personally, I don't care who the physical killer is, but Shakerag confirmed Roden's Actions on N1, so the only possible team is Max/Jim.

Unfortunately, I only need one of Roden or Lenglon to believe me so that I don't get insta-voted.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 15, 2022, 07:58:23 am »

Jesus, are we all fullclaiming now?

Fine. I'm an idle game. On n0 I got to select a player; I chose Jim. I got a neighbor chat with Jim. Over the course of the game, especially when either Jim or I am visited, I get currency I can use to buy upgrades for actions, all of which I have given to Jim. I don't technically have to give them to Jim, but I have to know the name of the ability to use them on, so coordinating with Jim was the logical choice. I can also buy actions (a protect and an... anti-redirect... thing, it's less an action than an action-addon), but never got enough stuff to do it because hardly anyone visited either of us.

I did not have any killing abilities for Egan to take.

That point about hardly anyone visiting either of us is what I found suspicious. After Knightwing flipped town, I was sure Jim and I would pull whatever investigations or disruptions anyone else had... but instead, everyone seems to have wanted to target webadict?! The logical interpretation of this, from my perspective, is that scum knew we were both town and didn't want to clear the pair who have been groomed for the scapegoat role. This would mean that Egan is probably town, which would mean that webadict is (ugh) probably town. That leaves Lenglon and Roden by process of elimination.

You seemed really intent that Knightwing was scum. I wonder why that is?
I wasn't intent, at least not until Jim pointed out to me in my playerchat a few times that he was acting like he did in Demon Mafia. We both really did think he was scum up until the flip.
Quote from: eg
[11:52 PM] Jim Groovester: I'm going to be pretty confused if Knightwing64 isn't scum.
[11:53 PM] isospin: SAME.
but Shakerag confirmed Roden's Actions on N1
there was no kill on n1

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2022, 07:59:25 am »

I could say it was you. Both of those are reasonable answers.
Come on, you can't reasonably say that.
My other action, since Shakerag used Seed of Hope (the un-powered up version) on me N1, was to roleblock and destroy all killing moves of Maxiumum Spin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 15, 2022, 08:16:02 am »

there was no kill on n1
You were roleblocked N1 by Knightwing, so try again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 15, 2022, 08:17:58 am »

Remember that thing where Jim didn't claim his track until later? This is that problem again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 15, 2022, 08:20:09 am »

What really hurts your case the most Max is that Jim has posted so very little throughout the game, but he seems rather active in your chat. He seems to only show up to vote and that's it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 15, 2022, 08:21:35 am »

there was no kill on n1
You were roleblocked N1 by Knightwing, so try again.
Dude, you exploited exactly that situation in MVM3 round 5, did you think I wouldn't remember? Toaster jailkept me n1 and tried to build a lynch because there was no kill, but actually he and I were both town.

Also, more pointedly, I wasn't, but I know you can't accept that.

Remember that thing where Jim didn't claim his track until later? This is that problem again.
I know what Jim did and I'm willing to claim it. Just ask. I don't know if he'll be happy about it, but if it gets you to see sense, it's worth it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2022, 08:22:27 am »

What really hurts your case the most Max is that Jim has posted so very little throughout the game, but he seems rather active in your chat. He seems to only show up to vote and that's it.
... do you think I'd allow that if we were scum together? Come on.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 15, 2022, 08:34:06 am »

I know what Jim did and I'm willing to claim it. Just ask. I don't know if he'll be happy about it, but if it gets you to see sense, it's worth it.
I'll be happy if he comes in here and wishes to discuss things himself.

You do realize that this looks exceeding bad from my perspective, yes? I want Jim Groovester to come in here and talk! Him sidelining is the worst thing he can do, regardless of alignment. I want to hear his perspective. I want his defense. But, to me, the only reasonably probable teams were Shakerag/Roden OR Jim Groovester/you. I even wrote an entire summary on the possibilities based on everything else I had available, which, unbelievably, somehow saved!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I even had the OTHER possibilities that jumped out at me.

There is like no way I'm gonna vote for Lenglon, especially without Jim Groovester speaking. I want to see him try and defend his logic.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 15, 2022, 08:36:12 am »

Personally, I think you wouldn't allow it more if you were Town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 15, 2022, 08:43:20 am »

I haven't seen him since day start, yet. I'm sure he'll come in later.

Hold on. I see... another possibility in your summary.

I need to talk to Jim about it. But you might figure it out if you consider that you now know that my upgrade gift targets a named action, not a player, and so wouldn't be redirected. And that you now know, because I'm telling you, that my gacha purchase abilities can't be disabled.

Personally, I think you wouldn't allow it more if you were Town.
Why? I'm not in charge of him and I have no need to make sure he's not suspicious, as town. I've only been focusing on making sure his arguments make sense and sound towny to *me*.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54