Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54

Author Topic: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 - Game Over - Et tu, Egan?  (Read 23700 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner BYOR Mafia 3 (8 / 9) - Day 2 - Mysteries Afoot
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2022, 08:00:46 pm »

I know it's bad form but I'm still looping back to the same position I had earlier in the day: It's a 2 for 1, lynch Max, then if town Lynch Knightwing and Jim becomes Confirmed, and If scum Lynch Jim and Knightwing becomes Confirmed.
I'm not excited about this plan. Lynching Jim would have the same effect, although I'm not excited about that either. Since I know I'm town, I'd say that, if you think that's the Thunderdome, it's best to just lynch Knightwing, and then you know what to do if he flips town. I'm not even sure that's the thunderdome though.

And this is all assuming that a mafia-controlled redirect redirected knightwing's roleblock to the mafia themselves.

Seriously, who does that? Who, as mafia, redirects the KNOWN ROLEBLOCKER into THEIR OWN TEAM?
I guess that's an argument for Drunkrag mafia but still wtf.
But who claims to have roleblocked someone as mafia, and then not actually roleblock them?
I think this is a more fundamental flaw in the reasoning. It seems more likely that Knightwing really did intend to block me, whether scum or not, but ended up hitting someone else, possibly within the scumteam, "by accident" - not a planned redirecting, but maybe one that's not controllable, like mixing actions up between players randomly.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2022, 08:06:00 pm »

Um, I’m town

That’s my insight

Pls don’t vote me

I roleblocked Lenglon N0 and roleblocked? Max N1?

Smart people figure out what happened
git smrt
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2022, 08:08:06 pm »

-snip-
I think this is a more fundamental flaw in the reasoning. It seems more likely that Knightwing really did intend to block me, whether scum or not, but ended up hitting someone else, possibly within the scumteam, "by accident" - not a planned redirecting, but maybe one that's not controllable, like mixing actions up between players randomly.
By this logic, shouldn't we be lynching Egan then?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 13, 2022, 08:10:28 pm »

-snip-
Yes, that's reasonable. It's not the only explanation I can think of, but it's definitely a viable one.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 13, 2022, 08:11:53 pm »

-snip-

But why would scum!Egan have an ability that could reveal his role to someone?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2022, 08:12:19 pm »

He would have an auto that makes the ability lie.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2022, 08:14:00 pm »

And before you ask, said auto would also force them to target all abilities outside the mafia, is why they would give you double-actions. It'd be a mind game to convince you they were confirmed town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2022, 08:15:06 pm »

Last BeBYOR, anyone who roleblocked me got handed out free investigatives automatically. It was then up to me to figure out how to make that a benefit instead of a downside. "Why would scum!Maximum Spin have an ability that makes other people cops?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2022, 08:16:30 pm »

Oh, and one other thing:

Why would TricMagic have an ability that makes them appear as town?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2022, 08:24:37 pm »

Doesn't Web have some way of finding out people's autos?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 13, 2022, 08:26:06 pm »

He would have an auto that makes the ability lie.

A stretch, but not impossible.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2022, 08:30:26 pm »

wait hang on, we didn't have an NK last night

so before I do something retarded who claimed a roleblock or something?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 13, 2022, 08:33:05 pm »

Knightwing claims a roleblock on Max. Max claims to have not been roleblocked.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2022, 08:34:15 pm »

And, I think, I can confirm that Roden did not use a kill action last night.
I mean, I already know who the killer was, but that's not the point of this interrogation.

Hang on, let's back the fuck up to this.  Wubbs is voting me so you thought I did the kill?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2022, 08:39:15 pm »

Anyway, we can end this interrogation here, thank you for participating in this demonstration. Maximum Spin and Jim Groovester are the scum.

And this flipflop?

Hmmm... Alright, I am in favor of No Execute or whatever. Actions don't make complete sense yet, so thinking too much about it will be pointless.

And what.

Quit pussyfooting around Webadict
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54