Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)  (Read 40424 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Laughing Gold (IC)
« Reply #675 on: November 28, 2023, 11:53:12 pm »

"This particular voyage has been unusual. I can only hope that we won't pay quite so dearly the rest of the way."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 11:58:16 pm by Egan_BW »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 28, 2023, 11:57:06 pm »

"Hopefully so. Plague and bouts of madness are bad enough, I don't want any more treachery to come out of this voyage."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 28, 2023, 11:58:04 pm »

"Who will you assign to manage the plague? It seems that whoever takes over will risk infection as well."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 12:02:22 am by Egan_BW »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 29, 2023, 12:10:57 am »

"I will look into it. In the absence of qualified senior officers I'll fall back on the more experienced Medicae on the vessel."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 29, 2023, 12:32:44 am »

Proceed with investigation. Check for any stinky vibes or symbols of chaos in Indaria's quarters, as well as the quarters of the other high officers and their persons, and Marco.
Can't be too careful -I-

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 29, 2023, 07:45:06 am »

++Ruorí, I'm visiting your quarters with the eldar Seer Kedia due to the recent disturbances, including officer Indaria's sudden treason.++

++Talking of the xeno, did you ever receive a proper briefing on the mission we are running in the name of the Regent of the Imperium himself?++
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 29, 2023, 01:13:59 pm »

[I can't say that I have, no — Sorry, sudden treason? What's happened?]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 29, 2023, 03:22:15 pm »

Proceed with investigation. Check for any stinky vibes or symbols of chaos in Indaria's quarters, as well as the quarters of the other high officers and their persons, and Marco.
Can't be too careful -I-

You don't detect any psyonic signature or find anything strange with your eldar eyes in Indaria's room. Well, at least nothing strange that you didn't expect Indaria to have. Indaria was a fairly strange person as far as the Imperium was concerned. Not that was a particularly bad thing - at least until the end there.

Your own room is filled with heresy. The "fear the xeno" kind of heresy that Marco probably already knows about, but you should probably keep that in mind if you have guests over.

Marco's room is, thankfully, clean of heretical objects. At least as far as you can tell. Of course this is his ship and he could hide his things wherever he wanted, but he could also just shoot you if you found anything incriminating.

Ruorí's room is also lacking in objects filled with dark power.

Lesser officers arn't important to get their own room in the officer's quarters and instead live in the Voidsmen's quarters, which are currently infested with Zombies and thus presumably filled with heresy. You are free to execute them all for this offense if you desire.

Examining the persons is made difficult by the fact that they are scattered throughout the ship, and you don't have an abundance of free time given you're needed to steer the vessel properly. You are free to continue the investigation now, but your navigation might suffer as a result.

((You are free to detail your rooms however you want. If for some reason you want to have heresy in your room it doesn't matter, Kedia rolled abysmally for every search.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 29, 2023, 03:59:35 pm »

Marco quietly sighs. ++I will explain it myself when I reach your quarters then. And she admitted to making a deal with a demon and being rewarded for it.++

After arriving at Ruorí's quarters with Kedia for the heresy check, the captain approaches him. Figuratively, since there's a need to keep a distance and wear filtration plugs just to avoid the disease's spread.

"So what are you aware of at the moment? I assume you have been told about Roboute Guilliman's return as Regent of the Imperium and we're on a mission ordered by him? Certainly not as the only agents, but still an important role nonetheless."
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 29, 2023, 04:20:52 pm »

"Yes, and this mission appears to involve collecting these—" – an aside glance at Kedia – "—Eldar artefacts? But I only have a vague idea of anything beyond the obvious."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 29, 2023, 07:34:20 pm »

Should probably go back to seering. And Ruori should get back to helming so that we can actually dodge things.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 29, 2023, 07:34:27 pm »

"Yes, we have to keep collecting them and it is promised as a way to finally end Chaos. I was quite skeptic about the talk of ending the hidden source of heresies—and least non-xeno heresy—but by all accounts the order for the mission is legitimate."

"We have a representative, a jester-like eldar, aside from Kedia who is responsible for monitoring the results and supplying us with information, and the Dynasty's Warrant has been granted an amendment penned by the Regent himself that's been signed by an authority that stands high enough in the xeno hierarchy it has for the first time I have ever heard of made the eldar actually cooperative instead of elusive."
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 29, 2023, 08:07:52 pm »

"I see. And do you happen to know what these things are?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 29, 2023, 08:34:25 pm »

The Navy Commissariat didn't really breed inquisitive minds. "No. I only assume they might be important for psychic rituals, and I've noticed they seem to be extremely careful with the artifacts."
>Yes?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 29, 2023, 08:41:05 pm »

"Okay. I don't know either, but I think I might have a hunch. I'm not sure it's important, anyway. Besides, the information came from that daemon so it may not even be trustworthy.

Speaking of the daemon, I wanted to report, yes, I heard from it as well. It didn't seem very committed to the attack - it didn't even try to stop me from leaving or tempt me into playing its game. I think it must have had ulterior motives.
"
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47